When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Uk - Customs Caught Items. Any Advise What To Do?

Uhrenfreund25

Are you sure its actually been caught by customs or is the tracking just saying held by customs ? that usually means they are just deciding to charge it or not.. would be good to know if they have contacted you in regards to the item

EDITED...after noting the relentless bumps for Finepics on that other thread you started...give the man a break, your emergency is not his nor anyone else's...

RG

The Zigmeister, I could not agree with you more. It was really getting a bit much in my opinion...

I'm sorry. I'm really nervous now. It would be the second time this package (value of about 400 Euro) got caught.

In my opinion, that is a risk we have to be willing to take every time we order a watch...

Canada is "supposed" to have the worse customs in the world, I have yet to loose anything, but have had to pay import duty one time...

If I can't afford to loose the money I spend on a watch, then I dont' buy it...it's just how I deal with it, otherwise it eats me up inside...

If I loose it, so what, I can do more harm to my budget on a weekend away, than on one watch...mind you my purchases are rarely over $300...

RG

In my opinion, that is a risk we have to be willing to take every time we order a watch...

Canada is "supposed" to have the worse customs in the world, I have yet to loose anything, but have had to pay import duty one time...

If I can't afford to loose the money I spend on a watch, then I dont' buy it...it's just how I deal with it, otherwise it eats me up inside...

If I loose it, so what, I can do more harm to my budget on a weekend away, than on one watch...mind you my purchases are rarely over $300...

RG

Hi The Zigmeister!

I know about the risk.

We're talking here about loosing a value of 800 Euro if this package would have been caught. That's all.

Hi The Zigmeister!

I know about the risk.

We're talking here about loosing a value of 800 Euro if this package would have been caught. That's all.

800 Euro in ONE package - for someone flapping around like a headless chicken why did you (being obviously unsuited to gambles/risk) take such a stupid and unnesesary risk ?

And why the flap to begin with... the whole "handed over to customs" is part and parcel of the importation process... the nex step you want to see is "released from customs"... until that package sits there for more than a few weeks or until you get a nasty letter telling you its been seized you've got nothing to worry about.

Does someone of the UK-members have experience with customs in UK and could tell how to react in this situation?

Would be really nice to get good tipps/advises what to do and - of course - what not to do.

Thank you!

Move house immediately, buy a paper shredder. Replace your pc NOW! - destroy your old one and melt the hard drive. Remove yourself from the membership of all rep forums. Change your name. You never existed. You are someone else now. Kill your wife/gf - they can no longer be trusted! Learn another language and don't eat pickled onions anymore.

or instead........

relax and wait for your watch to arrive.

JTB

Move house immediately, buy a paper shredder. Replace your pc NOW! - destroy your old one and melt the hard drive. Remove yourself from the membership of all rep forums. Change your name. You never existed. You are someone else now. Kill your wife/gf - they can no longer be trusted! Learn another language and don't eat pickled onions anymore.

or instead........

JTB

:D

Okay, I'll wait.

or instead........

JTB

:Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy:

or instead........

JTB

:3a:

In my experience of the last 3 years as a U.K. buyer I have never had a problem(touchwood)

You would do far better to track the package on Parcelforce's website where better translation is given.

EMS website does not always say it as it should be. WHY would delivery be attempted and then sent back to customs :blink: It does not happen.

go to Parcleforce(presumably this is an EMS sent package) and check there and you will also see the U.K. tracking number given to a parcel once it passes through customs before delivery to your local depot out of Coventry.

I had a problem with Customs and a watch last week in Spain. They didn't believe the declared value (USD 20) of the dealer and they wanted to value the watch as a gen Panerai (about 5000 EUR). Imagine the scene. At last, they accepted a value of 300 EUR and I had to pay 16% in taxes. :-(

Edited by dune_26

nop, the store is in UK, im far away in PR, thank god customs here are lazy people that dont mind reps, bags, and bongs gettin in the country

this is how it might look like, this is the PAM rep of Bongs

135821-18213.jpg

Nice bong, been a while since I had a good go on one myself. But I think I had my fill, although I can't recall ever ordering one from overseas - although there's quite a bit I can't remember!! I must admit that having a strong bong would often leave me feeling a bit :bangin::bangin: then a bit :Jumpy::Jumpy: !! Enjoy!

Is PR Puerto Rico by the way?