When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Franken Rolex Datejust

txrob779

Howdy fella's

This a cool deal. I have/had a 80's replica of a 16013 TT Datejust. I bought it 1989. It was dead so thanks to J (you know who your are man) we decided to swap the..

ETA2849 17j movement

To a new rep case with a SS/WG bezel, silver dial and hands and a Oyster Bracelet. The movement has issues with a winding gear thats missing 6 teeth and it is way off on it +/-....gains time but it looks cool and a movent swap is prolly in order. Here are the before and after pics...

Datejust.jpg

002.jpg

before

162342.jpg

003-1.jpg

after

Thanks "J" you're the man.

We need to work on the end-link fit - that's what I get for being in a hurry... :g: The 2846 bugs me as it was obviously extremely dirty, missing screws, ratchet wheel scrwed on caddy-wampus, etc! I cleaned and oiled it and it will now stay running but when regulated in one position it changes 70 or 80 seconds when you flip it over! Something must be worn in there somewhere.

M, I was hoping you liked this dial as yours is in the mail! ;)

We need to work on the end-link fit - that's what I get for being in a hurry... :g: The 2846 bugs me as it was obviously extremely dirty, missing screws, ratchet wheel scrwed on caddy-wampus, etc! I cleaned and oiled it and it will now stay running but when regulated in one position it changes 70 or 80 seconds when you flip it over! Something must be worn in there somewhere.

Yeah it's gaining like 15 minutes an hour LOL....it's struggling BAD

Shoot Rob, I like your new watch! But it sounds like you need a full service on the 2846. And maybe a new gear...

I just got this watch from Silix for maybe $62

rol0721.jpg

Looks a lot like yours, except for the bracelet. I'm afraid to open the caseback for fear I'll screw up the 21j movement!

Very cool Rob! I am glad you got her up and runnin! :)

Have no fears....sometimes we hit a snag..but that just makes it better when she's done!

also....I think I have heard of this J character...if he's the same one I think he is..your in good hands! :clap2:

Yeah, movement will have to come back out and go back into "the vat" for an extra thorough soak...

I am game J..just lemme know when you want it back....

You're the man...man

Have no fears....sometimes we hit a snag..but that just makes it better when she's done!

also....I think I have heard of this J character...if he's the same one I think he is..your in good hands! :clap2:

I didnt get her running J did....very talented watch man....

Shoot Rob, I like your new watch! But it sounds like you need a full service on the 2846. And maybe a new gear...

I just got this watch from Silix for maybe $62

rol0721.jpg

Looks a lot like yours, except for the bracelet. I'm afraid to open the caseback for fear I'll screw up the 21j movement!

Yes it does..I REALLY wanted a polished center link Oyster...J had 2 but the didnt fit the case...bummer but I like that President bracelet for sure.....yeah I wouldn' tinker with the case or movement,,,,,I killed my first Explorer II $60 rep the day I got it....pretty disappointing....just bought another one though..a better one from Josh

I didnt get it running...J did hehe

"Caddy-wampus" Justin...Is that an old horologic technical term? BTW..the Explorer is coming along.