When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How Does This 93150 Look To The Experts?

dbutlerman

I found this 93150 and I wanted to get some expert opinions on it. I am still trying to figure out any tells on fake 93150's so how does this look? It looks a little stretched - but I am not sure how much stretch is normal for these. Compared to my NOS Omega 1171 - doesn't look like much stretch at all - what do you guys think?

brace1.png

brace2.png

brace3.png

brace4.png

It's at least medium stretch, but it is gen. I look at the flat top 3 in 93150, and the thinner coronet on the back of the clasp. The W6 on the inside of the clasp denotes a later production date- late 90's. Considering these run around a grand new, a used one like this will run$300-500, maybe more if the seller is proud of their stuff.

I don't have much to donate to this discussion, but after buying some gen clasps..I can tell a gen clasp from rep in two seconds.

The hinge pins in the middle are almost 1/4th the size of the our reps. I'll try to take some of my famous cheap loupe taped to my iPhone pics tomorrow. I got a couple more clasps today and noticed the size difference. Today's clasps are both 78360's, one is NOS I got for 68$ :)

Looks gen to me. I'd spend $300 on it, not $500 though. They can be had in near mint condition for $500-$600.

Agreed, I'd pay 300$ for that too. As you said.... mint on vrf go 5-600$

Even on eBay, one in that condition would be vrf prices

I don't have much to donate to this discussion, but after buying some gen clasps..I can tell a gen clasp from rep in two seconds.

The hinge pins in the middle are almost 1/4th the size of the our reps. I'll try to take some of my famous cheap loupe taped to my iPhone pics tomorrow. I got a couple more clasps today and noticed the size difference. Today's clasps are both 78360's, one is NOS I got for 68$ :)

here is a quick pic of the size of the hinge pins, gen vrs rep

to the right of quarter... skinny gen pin and on right rep hinge pin

b89622ec.jpg

• 8 months later...

Remember also that there are some very good fakes 93150's coming out of Hong Kong that are almost 100% on the money...With flat top 3's as well.

So they do both flat top and round top 3's?

Always wondered about that. I have 2 gens. One is a flat top 3 that came on my 16800. The other is a round top 3 that came on a 5513 I owned. Both gen.

Interesting debate here.....

I assume the prices you quote do not include the gen end links as none are shown? These alone can add substantially to the price/cost - especially if 585's!

Certainly looks a gen bracelet and clasp as others have said.

I have never seen a rep 93150 with flat 3 on the oyster link or for that matter seen a Gen 93150 with rounded 3 on the clasp. Rounded 3's have appeared on Gen 78360 clasps.

If anybody has a verified 'Rep' oyster with flat 3s on the oyster end link, please share with us all :)