When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Disappointment from PureTime

alterego

Hi fellow members. I hope you can give some advise regarding an unfulfilled order from a respectable dealer who adverstises on the forum. About three months ago I ordered a Brgeuet Aeronavale type XX from this dealer. I paid in excess of $ 300 including EMS postage. I asked the watch be sent EMS so as to expdite delivery. Since the seller charged my credit card, around JUly 15, I have been waiting for the watch.

When after two weeks the parcel did not arrive I contacted Nikki (Precioustime customer support) asking him if there was a problem with the shipment. He admitted, the watch had not been sent vi EMS, butby Registered Mail. So I asked him for the postal number, so as to track the parcel. He gave me a number starting with JR and .. ending with GB which told me the watch must have been on its way by Royal Mail. I tracked the number given to me and I found the parcel had been delivered in England. I contacted Nikki again and he excused himself saying the number he had given me corresponded to another delivery. So he gave me a new JR number, which showed the parcel was in trasit. I waited for another two weeks to no avail. Finally, after about month's wait, the number is reprted as non existent in the local postal service data base. So, I assume the watch was stolen while in transit.

I explained this to Nikki at Customer Support, asking him what he would do about it. The answer I received shocked me. He suggested I should send additional $ 190 to cover half of the replacement watch cost, which he would refund if the lost item is ventually deliverd and if I returned it to him.

My questio is: I s that it ? What is the dealer's responsibility in this case ? when he did not ship the watch accoding instructions from the buyer (EMS) whcih was paid for, sending it economy mail instead ? Is it fair that I am asked to share the cost of sending a new watch, when all this episode was due to the dealer's poor shipping management ?

I wonder if this is the way it is in this business. The dealer goofs and you lose your money. I think not

Your comments are very welcome.

Jaime

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Jaime dont pay!!!

Angus most sort this out, cant bellive they try to steal another 190$ from you thats just carzy!!!

Select another dealer next time...

Agreed. That is not your responsibility at all. The fact that you received incorrect shipping information is unacceptable. Plus, add to that the fact that you paid additional money for EMS, but did not get EMS as a shipment option.

I am seeing this more and more lately and it is getting a little out of hand. I hope Angus cleans this mess up very soon.

You need to edit your topic and thread, you are talking about PURETIME, not precioustime, two totally different dealers ;)

Angus should fix this, as the delivery was messed up and the wrong service used, that's their mistake, not yours. Best of luck, contact Angus directly if I were you, seems Nikki is not so nice....

Thank you all for your comments. I?m sorry, I meant PURETIME, NOT Precious time. I'll edit the post so as not to blame another dealer for this episode. It is my impression that there was some degree of selfrighteousness and discrimination in their asking for money to "solve" the problem. Can someone tell me how to get in touch with Angus directly ?

Thank you again for your support.

Hi

I bought two watches to Puretime four months ago, and i have small problem with Nikki, becouse i paid two bracelets and i have received only one, we were writing emails during one month, but i sent email to Angus and he resolve my problem inmediatly.

Cheers and good luck.

Hi

I bought two watches to Puretime four months ago, and i have small problem with Nikki, becouse i paid two bracelets and i have received only one, we were writing emails during one month, but i sent email to Angus and he resolve my problem inmediatly.

Cheers and good luck.

Im happy to hear that your problem was resolved....hopefully we will see more post like this.

Don't deal with Nikki- contact Angus directly at the above email address.. He should sort this out. His customer service can be very spotty.

If needed get one of the Mods involved. Angus hates bad press.

Their mistake, you ordered EMS. Seems simple IMO.

Edited by Noel Fleischer

Hi all: I sent Angus an e mail the night before last explaining the situation. No reply so far. If I don'tt hear from him by tomorrow night, I'll contact the Moderator, so as to see if he can do something to help me sort this out.

Best

Jaime

It is a Chinese holiday. In any case (unless a dealer says otherwise upfront) if they elect to use their own shipping method and the watch gets lost it is their nickel. In fact at certain points in time certain dealers have refulsed to ship watches to certain countries due to customs losses and I am sympathietic to that on their end. Hopefully Angus will get this sorted out after the holiday. I don't remember what the holiday is but I do recall from business that it is a few days.

Thank you all for the feedback . I didn't know about this holiday in China. Still, I haven't heard from Angus. I better resend the message, as the one sent before is probably burried with dozens of other unread messages in his mailbox.

I'll keep you posted.

Jaime

100% true. This Nikky broad has been stirring sh*t up in puretime for quite some time now. I can recall two nwgative experiences I has dealing with her, and until emaild Angus it was like talking to a wall. She's rude too. Jaime, Angus will take care of you. Good luck getting this sorted out.

+1 on the names. I have a good friend who we all call Karen. Her real name is something like Gao Len but as if to prove Watchmeister's point I am likely to have spelt it wrong. I don't think it is dishonest.

Edited by ninjagaiden