When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Link Chronograph 7750

Guest TTK

TTK, are you going to be selling them?

I'm looking at getting one.....

Which do you think is better, grey or blue face?

Grey, without a doubt. At the risk of offending those who bought them the blue looks a bit too flashy and downmarket IMO. I was one of the first on the bandwagon with one of these, and it is still my favourite chrono!

Grey, without a doubt. At the risk of offending those who bought them the blue looks a bit too flashy and downmarket IMO. I was one of the first on the bandwogon with one of these, and it is still my favourite chrono!

True, the grey is more original... and blue looks more conservative sports watch. Taste thing of course... it's like the orange/black PO... or Pepsi/red-black GMT. Best option would be to own them both.

Undoubtably the best Link Chron color..GRAY. Tried the Gray on at AD this weekend and liked it much better than the Blue.

These pictures are incredible TTK! Looks better than in your hand...

Take care of me Neil and I will come after one of these next...:notworthy:

Thanks

I'm going to be selling this one....but I need to get it regulated first.....send me an e-mail....and I'll mark you down for it....!

Hmm...

I wish we had some wrist shots of the grey dial vs. the blue. Are you guys saying that you like the grey more because it looks more original, or because it actually looks better?

I guess the two could be viewed as the same thing- but I kinda like the flashier aspect of the blue. That being said, I haven't seen either in person. Why have the dealers been slow to get a hold of the grey dial?

Yes indeed.

I know from personal experience that this watch is a [censored] to photograph. The second pic is the best of them (imho). Great work!

The details displayed on the textured dial in these shots are truly amazing.

Great photo skills. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Had the blue lined up in my sights but now I think grey is the way (to go).

Cheers

The grey dial is a very nice watch, mine is going out the door soon... :blink:

Not to be a stick in the mud or anything, but for *me*, I have a hard time reading the time on the grey due to the lack of contrast between the hands and the dial. In some light it's great, others it takes a bit to actually make out what time it is. This is one big reasons I like Panerais so much, there just ain't no mistaking what time it really is :lol:

Take that with a grain of salt, although, as my eyes are pretty [censored]ed after years in front of high res laptops :(

I will be ordering the blue... Although I'm not really a TH kinda guy, this watch is definitely top notch and probably one of the top two or three reps out there... The quality is truly amazing :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Get one now before the manufacturers pull an SMP on it :lol:

I could see the grey dial more if it was on a titanium version of the watch, maybe. I dunno. I'm trying to get a feel for why people like the grey version better. Is it because it looks better in person? I know it's all personal preference- but going purely off the photographs, I think I like the blue better just because of the 'electric' more contrasting aspect of the the reflectiveness of the dial. That being said, getting a pic or two of a wrist shot of both watches would be really useful.

The grey looks more subdued, which I could see looking better- but I'm hoping to dig up some more pics of actual wrist shots of the grey. I wonder if I could get down to an AD? I haven't seen any nice ones in my area...

The grey dial is a very nice watch, mine is going out the door soon... :blink:

Not to be a stick in the mud or anything, but for *me*, I have a hard time reading the time on the grey due to the lack of contrast between the hands and the dial. In some light it's great, others it takes a bit to actually make out what time it is.

Point taken...........

Dammit. You have me thinking again......and just after I've been emailing back and forth about the grey. :bangin:

I'm trying my best not to kill the wallet here.

A compromise of sorts...............

Chrono in grey AND Senna in blue :Jumpy:

I think this is the grey dial. I think what you're referring to as the 'grey' dial is in fact the white dial. I agree that it's a little confusing, because I saw the Link Chrono in the for sale forum today, and it looks damn similar to the 'real grey' dial that we're seeing in these pics.

I'm still hopeful we might get a comparison wrist shot of both the blue and grey versions- but I don't think I've seen anyone with the grey one yet. I'm still leaning towards blue, but I don't think I'll feel comfortable with the decision until I've done due diligence and seen the grey one in a real life wrist shot.

These Tag's are said to be highly variable as far as the product of attempts to photograph them- so I'm hesitant to base a decision on just this type of photograph.

I swear to god this place is giving me OCD. Or maybe I like this place cause I've got OCD? I'm not quite sure :lol:

• 2 months later...

I hate seeing this as my first post, but theres little I can do about it.

Greetings to all.

Those pics are fantastic, and ive seen quite a few, due to the fact i'm currently in the market for one of these Link Chronos. Although i somehow admire the flashyness of the blue face. But you are correct in saying the grey is more sophisticated.