When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help for buy omega planet ocean!

Guest tolis

The thing about Rolex is, you can't win either way, if it's gen, it's seen as a fake, if it's rep it's seen as a fake, so if you like the watch then that's all that matters! :D

hawaiian robot: the asian 21j is just as nice, the movement comes in for a bit of criticism but it's not too bad, they are a straight forward swap out with another should anything go wrong with the movement, (even saying that makes it sound like expect the worst :D) they really are not that bad at all. Plenty of people are happy with their a21j PO's.

vandal: no watch yet, nothing worse than waiting, I'm sure you'll be sorted soon, the apparently don't bother seizing these in the US, the dealers are so confident they offer to replace all free of charge in the unlikely event that it did happen. They're just being slow. Now if it was in German customs that would be another story. :) Also agree on the aquaracers, both chrono and non chrono are really good (I didn't realise until recently that the chrono was so good aswell) I originally had a gen quartz blue 500m.....really gorgeous, then I got the rep black and sat down one day and examined both watch heads side by side, they really are amazing you'd need a loupe to see the minute differences, some people complain that the logo isn't cut as accurate as gen....yes that's a valid argument...when examining the logos under a 10x loupe :)

I haven't seen the Aquaracer 500M rep, but I hear that it's very good. I love the look of that thing though, so if it's even close I'm going to love it. I want to order it now, but I can't do it until I actually get some of my other watches!

It won't be long now though...I've got the fever!

Vandel... Have you ordered a REP D-DSSD? After seeing the two videos on here I'm very tempted by that. Where did you order yours? I like the look of that.

Also as more of a general question, which watches are considered "super-reps"?

Yea, I got the best DSSD that I could find. Here's the link to the one I got:

http://www.yourtrust...roducts_id=6579

I will do a full review with lots of pictures when I get it. I just really like the look of the DSSD and from what I can tell this one is one of the best. I do hear that BK does one that's modded a little for the same price. I just didn't hear about that one until I'd already ordered mine. Maybe others can discuss that one..

Edited by vandal.tbh

Im not mad keen on the orange bezel.... I think its trying too hard. The PO is such a pretty and visually balanced watch that it doesn't need silly colours on it.

That DSSD is beautiful! I was ready to purchase until I realised that CNY is crippling everyone on here.... Something I didn't consider when I ordered my 45.5 PO on the 22/1/12.... What a wolly I am!

Yea, I got the best DSSD that I could find. Here's the link to the one I got:

http://www.yourtrust...roducts_id=6579

I will do a full review with lots of pictures when I get it. I just really like the look of the DSSD and from what I can tell this one is one of the best. I do hear that BK does one that's modded a little for the same price. I just didn't hear about that one until I'd already ordered mine. Maybe others can discuss that one..

What's the BK story, how does he mod it, how much is it and where do you get it? I just emailed my good close personal friend Trevor about this watch?

I agree with Cougar about Rolex being a double edge sword, I originally was going Rolex, but exactly like he said, I thought that same thing. That is why I went with the P.O. Many people don't know any fine watch besides a Rolex.

Edited by WetWork

What's the BK story, how does he mod it, how much is it and where do you get it? I just emailed my good close personal friend Trevor about this watch?

I agree with Cougar about Rolex being a double edge sword, I originally was going Rolex, but exactly like he said, I thought that same thing. That is why I went with the P.O. Many people don't know any fine watch besides a Rolex.

I really don't know much about the BK DSSD, other than a few things I've heard on the forum. He basically takes the standard "Ultimate" version and does some minor mods (I think AR, maybe lume, can't remember). Heard about his after the fact so too late for me.

I'd just be happy with ANYTHING on my wrist right now. I have 3 watches and $1100 floating around in outer space (thats what it feels like) at this moment.

You saying I'm trying to compensate for something with the orange bezel?? :nono::)

Haha.... Ohhhh yeah! Im just not a fan of that. Hence why I ordered a black one. Each to there own. I think having REALLY viberant colour on a classy watch ruins it. Its like tourbillons, its down to the individuals opinion.

WetWork, how about a wrist shot? :)

Val.

I haven't taken out that half link yet, but here you go!

post-41881-0-31913700-1327588877.jpg

I love this freakin' watch!

Aside from my crappy picture taking skills, I don't know why it looks like it has a yellow tint to it, it doesn't. Where it looks golden on the bezel is silver. It must have been the lighting or the angle. THat's why it looks like I am recovering from Jaundice or something.

Edited by WetWork

Here is a close-up for the 10x guys. To give you an idea, the small white speck between 20 and 25, that is a piece of dust. You can't even see it with the naked eye. There is another one on the band at the top right, between the 3'rd and 4'th hash mark. Another on bottom left, looks black, continue the 7 O’clock marker to the band to see it. So consider, these are not blemishes, or scratches... this is a tiny piece of dust. The He valve may look mangled or something, that is a photo flaw, there is nothing wrong with it at all. At the 7 minute marker, the photo looks like there is something wrong with it, a nick or something, that isn't actually there, I don't know what it is in the picture.

To put the size into perspective, I have a 24" monitor, and if I hold the actual watch up to my screen, the farthest point of the He valve to the winder crown on the actual watch, fits on the picture from the center of the hand post to the end of the hour hand. The ENTIRE watch face is smaller than the hour hand in the picture!

The numbers are not exact. There is a slight flare to the GEN numbers, specifically on the "2" of the "12". Again, this isn't something you can see, without the magnification, to any degree of certainty. The AR coating may look blotchy in the picture, in person it is not. You could pick this apart all day in the picture, but if you saw it in person, you would be like, "Wow, that's pretty F'n incredible."

post-41881-0-58359300-1327592064.jpg

I am almost completely happy with this watch. Maybe a lume job... that's really about it. Not that the lume looks bad, it just glow super long. Again, it doesn't look bad, uneven, discolored from hands to markers, nothing like that; it just doesn't last for hours and it's a nit-picky thing. Yea, you could get silly with it, but for 99.9% of the people looking at getting something like this, on this forum, seriously... just get it. If you're going to spend the money, spend it,

I recommend the "Swiss" ETA movement, but that's me... God knows if it's even that inside. Like someone mentioned, these are counterfeiters, they worship at the temple of the almighty dollar. They are not Geppetto in his workshop toiling over something they love to deliver your dream watch to you because they like and respect you. Your only buffer between the factory and yourself is the vendor you decide to get your watch from. I chose Joshua at Perfect Clones (the real site), whoever you choose, make sure it is someone decent like Pure Time (their real site), Trevor, Whoever Vandal said he used (I can't remember right now) etc. etc. etc.

Edited by WetWork

Here's a perspective shot (from my screen) so you can see what I mean about "actual size" vs. the pictures you look at on the forum.

OK, so if I take my actual watch, hold it up to my screen, the small watch within the watch in the picture, is it's actual size. Obviously if you are looking at this on a smart phone or something, the watch isn't the size of a pencil eraser, so use some common sense.

My point is, this is to scale. Try to find the same "flaws" we picked out and documented in the first picture on the "little watch." That is what is going to look like in real life more or less.

post-41881-0-76315900-1327594837.jpg

... So, I go to a meeting with my boss, wearing my orange PO rep that I bought from Josh a few weeks ago and then out of nowhere some guy, dirty 'lil f*, calls it out right in front of my boss.

And I was like dude, whacha doing?!! And he goes: yeah nice 4000 USD watch you have there, mate! And I was like: dude stop it, and kicking him under the table. And he goes: yeah really expensive, you gotta make a fortune with that lil job of yours. Can you believe it? All that right before I was gonna ask for promotion and tell my boss how my family needed the money with the new baby and the mortgage and the sick cat and all ...

You have to uptake that into acct. Tell your boss it's a 70$ watch from canal St :)

I've been doing the same thing. The first watch I ordered went through customs in China before it was sent (according to EMS Tracking), and it was only in customs for less than a day. When it got to the US it skipped customs and went from JFK to my door in a day. The whole process from order to delivery was exactly 7 days.

This time my package is in customs for two days (so far) here in the US.

I know it was a miracle that it got here so fast the first time so I'm trying to be patient, but it's hard. I'm leaving town tomorrow and was hoping I'd be able to take my new watches with me on the road. No such luck. With my luck, the package will be delivered to my house 5 mins after I leave!

Customs is at JFK. It usually arrives the day after it hits JFK.

It's hard to predict.

Here is a close-up for the 10x guys. To give you an idea, the small white speck between 20 and 25, that is a piece of dust. You can't even see it with the naked eye. There is another one on the band at the top right, between the 3'rd and 4'th hash mark. Another on bottom left, looks black, continue the 7 O’clock marker to the band to see it. So consider, these are not blemishes, or scratches... this is a tiny piece of dust. The He valve may look mangled or something, that is a photo flaw, there is nothing wrong with it at all. At the 7 minute marker, the photo looks like there is something wrong with it, a nick or something, that isn't actually there, I don't know what it is in the picture.

To put the size into perspective, I have a 24" monitor, and if I hold the actual watch up to my screen, the farthest point of the He valve to the winder crown on the actual watch, fits on the picture from the center of the hand post to the end of the hour hand. The ENTIRE watch face is smaller than the hour hand in the picture!

The numbers are not exact. There is a slight flare to the GEN numbers, specifically on the "2" of the "12". Again, this isn't something you can see, without the magnification, to any degree of certainty. The AR coating may look blotchy in the picture, in person it is not. You could pick this apart all day in the picture, but if you saw it in person, you would be like, "Wow, that's pretty F'n incredible."

post-41881-0-58359300-1327592064.jpg

I am almost completely happy with this watch. Maybe a lume job... that's really about it. Not that the lume looks bad, it just glow super long. Again, it doesn't look bad, uneven, discolored from hands to markers, nothing like that; it just doesn't last for hours and it's a nit-picky thing. Yea, you could get silly with it, but for 99.9% of the people looking at getting something like this, on this forum, seriously... just get it. If you're going to spend the money, spend it,

I recommend the "Swiss" ETA movement, but that's me... God knows if it's even that inside. Like someone mentioned, these are counterfeiters, they worship at the temple of the almighty dollar. They are not Geppetto in his workshop toiling over something they love to deliver your dream watch to you because they like and respect you. Your only buffer between the factory and yourself is the vendor you decide to get your watch from. I chose Joshua at Perfect Clones (the real site), whoever you choose, make sure it is someone decent like Pure Time (their real site), Trevor, Whoever Vandal said he used (I can't remember right now) etc. etc. etc.

This is right on point. Soooo on point.

Enjoy the watch. Back in the day, access to some of the wholesalers came available. But, as you correctly stated, your dealer is your agent. Rep factories could give a crap about you. But people that buy in volume :). When your dealing with china on anything big buis or small, you need someone on the ground, because as a business culture they do not value customer loyalty, they would rather make a buck, screw you and move on. Dealers keep the factories honest, the forum keeps the dealer honest and that is the reason we can have consistency. Now you know why people who have been around are so loyal to the forum. Otherwise it's a shot in the dark. You might get 1, 2 or 3 good ones, but almost no way your gettin 10 in a row that would satisfy you or me :)

Excellent replica WetWork :thumbsupsmileyanim:

yours much prettier than my 4th gen HappyF PO 42mm (hat has been adopted by my 17 year old daughter)

But still, yours looks good. It's decent quality, it is much better than you would expect coming from China.

You and I know the logo is wrong, and I only know from the last month of painstaking obsession about this damn watch. The pearl is wrong... OK.

I know Omega says that 7 out of 10 people know who they are and know their watches... I think that is a little generous. As I said before, "If it isn't a Rolex, many, many people won't much about this watch.” that is one of the reasons I chose it.

Average Joe certainly isn't going to know the ins and outs of a logo & exact font on a watch face. Not only that, these GEN watchmakers do so much non-sense to the watches as far as changes to combat the counterfeiting, that unless you live and breathe it, you can't say with 100% certainty if this or that is genuine. Case in point, there was a question Vandal asked in the Rolex forum about the micro etched crown at the 6 O'clock position on the Deep Sea Dweller. Even the experts over there said it didn't exist. Then they reversed that later and said it did. Not only that, that the REP that he had DID in fact have the micro etch, and he had not seen it before. I have said to people before, "The U.S. Govt. changes the money so damn often, I wonder if I couldn't just print out a twenty I made, bring it into a store and say, 'Oh, that's the new money.'" They would probably take it!

I guess the main reason I chronicled all of this is that I just went through it. I made, or almost made many mistakes. People; realize that when the guys really into it on the forums say, "This is wrong or that is wrong" compared to a GEN, realize that the level that they may be speaking about on these high-end REPS could be miniscule. Some guys on the forum are operating so far beyond you, me and the average person, that it is like we are an ant saying, "I can lift 25x's my body weight! I just picked up a whole leaf by myself!" compared to a crane lifting a 100 ton bridge section.

The lower end REPs or glaring mistakes and imperfections, that’s another story, these factories cut their teeth on the older stuff, which is why I went with the newer, more popular watch style (the P.O. instead of the 300M.) The guys busting their (the factory's) balls on inaccuracies, is why we have these higher quality REPs now. Again, the moral of the story is, “Use common sense and factor in the level or extreme of what you are looking at and the cost.”

This “Chinese junk watch” is incredibly accurate and of a much higher quality than I think a lot of people can imagine without seeing it and handling it. I am going into a fine jeweler in my area to have this bracelet sized. Not because I can’t do it myself, but to see what happens when they see this watch. This is a real jeweler, that does not carry Omega (to my knowledge,) but carries other luxury watches. Are they going to spot it as a REP right away, or not. If not, I am going to keep pushing so they have to inspect it closer. What replication level is this watch really?

Edited by WetWork

But still, it looks good. It's good quality, it is much better than you would expect coming from China.

You and I know the logo is wrong, and I only know from the last month of painstaking obsession about this damn watch. The pearl is wrong... OK.

I know Omega says that 7 out of 10 people know who they are and know their watches... I think that is a little generous. As I said before, "If it isn't a Rolex, many, many people won't much about this watch.” that is one of the reasons I chose it.

Average Joe certainly isn't going to know the ins and outs of a logo & exact font on a watch face. Not only that, these GEN watchmakers do so much non-sense to the watches as far as changes to combat the counterfeiting, that unless you live and breathe it, you can't say with 100% certainty if this or that is genuine. Case in point, there was a question Vandal asked in the Rolex forum about the micro etched crown at the 6 O'clock position on the Deep Sea Dweller. Even the experts over there said it didn't exist. Then they reversed that later and said it did. Not only that, that the REP that he had DID in fact have the micro etch, and he had not seen it before. I have said to people before, "The U.S. Govt. changes the money so damn often, I wonder if I couldn't just print out a twenty I made, bring it into a store and say, 'Oh, that's the new money.'" They would probably take it!

I guess the main reason I chronicled all of this is that I just went through it. I made, or almost made many mistakes. People; realize that when the guys really into it on the forums say, "This is wrong or that is wrong" compared to a GEN, realize that the level that they may be speaking about on these high-end REPS could be miniscule. Some guys on the forum are operating so far beyond you, me and the average person, that it is like we are an ant saying, "I can lift 25x's my body weight! I just picked up a whole leaf by myself!" compared to a crane lifting a 100 ton bridge section.

The lower end REPs or glaring mistakes and imperfections, that’s another story, these factories cut their teeth on the older stuff, which is why I went with the newer, more popular watch style (the P.O. instead of the 300M.) The guys busting their (the factory's) balls on inaccuracies, is why we have these higher quality REPs now. Again, the moral of the story is, “Use common sense and factor in the level or extreme of what you are looking at and the cost.”

This “Chinese junk watch” is incredibly accurate and of a much higher quality than I think a lot of people can imagine without seeing it and handeling it. I am going into a fine jeweler in my area to have this bracelet sized. Not because I can’t do it myself, but to see what happens when they see this watch. Is a real jeweler, that does not carry Omega (to my knowledge,) but carries other luxury watches going to spot it as a REP right away, or not. That is what I want to know.

I thought about doing that same thing Wetwork (although I need to actually have a watch before I can). I'm anxious to see what happens so let us know..

it is much better than you would expect coming from China.

Thanks WetWork

Happy to se that your horological knowledge is on a steep upwards curve....me I am going senile

BTW my PO is from 中华人民共和国 :fullmop: