When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help for buy omega planet ocean!

Guest tolis

I know this is still a little off the topic, but I just finished photographing my watches and am right now in the process of writing reviews for each that will be posted in the respective Panerai and Rolex areas, as well as a great review for Andrew in the Dealer's section. I will post links to each review as soon as I'm done so that the folks who were following this extremely long (and in my humble opinion awesome) thread will know where to go to see them.

Here's a quick picture to wet your whistles!

BOTH-01.jpg

Edited by vandal.tbh

Congrats Vandal, they were a long time coming :) Both look great, look forward to reading the reviews.

Believe me, your post above is not off-topic here on this thread....even though this is the Omega forum......compared to the stuff that has going on the past few pages here your photo is more than a welcome relief!

Enjoy the watches :D

It wasn't a comment on the banocity factor, it was a response to his "oh well I get banned then" statements. As in, well you may not get banned but your not working in the spirit of our community. . . .

Hey! I hate the wet guy too :cc_hang: ....good thing he cant be easily banned tough ;) ...but anyhow I was juts trying to convey that I think you are an intelligent individual phoband :pimp: hence the picture

I disagree. The average thread has 100 or less views, is just "What should I buy"

Reply: "Use the search feature noob."

Broken English, broken English, broken English.

Thread dies.

Man, you need to join RWG1, if you haven't already.

We love people like you over there...with your attitude you'll get rebared within hours. :D

Don't worry, only few threads about watches - rest is ranting, fighting, name-calling and boobie threads.

PM me if you are interested :yu:

As a relatively new member, I will say that this thread has been very informative and I find myself leaning maybe against the grain on who's side I'm on with this debate. However, I do hope it stays open.... I'm really thinking about getting a 42mm PO from josh. So close to pulling the trigger on the cheaper movement version with orange bezel.

Thanks guys, I was actually a bit worried. I really wanted an accurate rep in this watch, and although I know there are issues like the pearl , the crown and others, the are minor compared to a wrong dial color.

PS vandal, I can't believe myself saying it, but your DSSD makes me want a Rolex, exactly the watch I swore not to buy. The watch is amazing. Hope you'll post your PO's mouth watering pics soon .

The red numerals are cool looking, with the added bonus of, if you get the orange dial and interchange it with the black dial you got... I think it looks a little better. So, what I trying to say is, you get a little bit more flexibility with them.

How do you get the impression that I dislike this place? Because I have over 100 posts in 2 weeks?

For the record, I wasn't told to stay quiet in the PM.

Since I am the bigger man,

I will just end this little feud, so we can move on.

Pho, I'm sorry that I reacted negatively to the condescending way you talk to people. THANK YOU for pointing out the rules, and how they can be interpreted. I hope one day to claw my way out the imposing shadow you cast on new members, to the light of knowledge. I apologize for any contributions to this thread that caused anyone to think negatively about Pho, a very astute and accomplished lawyer.

Now you have a formal apology, so no one needs to be upset anymore.

WetASS, you are an [censored]. Pho, I stopped picking up dog [censored] in my yard because I realized it is better as fertilizer.

Oh man, not that again.

Please guys I beg you to stay on topic!

We are seconds away form Andy or Stephane shutting down this wonderful thread. Phoband and Wetwork had their differences but I'm 100% sure they will work it out later and I personally value both of them as part of this community. There is no need to add fire to fire. I'm sure Pho and Wet will work it out over PM after both of them calm down. Sure, some unnecessary name-calling and general bashing took place but is it worth shutting this thread down?!

This thread is one of the best reads here on RWG and THE best walk through into the rep world for any noob and invaluable source of information on POs, dealers and the purchasing process.

Please, guys lets keep it open for everyine to enjoy. Pretty please, with sugar on top!

Oh man, not that again.

Please guys I beg you to stay on topic!

We are seconds away form Andy or Stephane shutting down this wonderful thread. Phoband and Wetwork had their differences but I'm 100% sure they will work it out later and I personally value both of them as part of this community. There is no need to add fire to fire. I'm sure Pho and Wet will work it out over PM after both of them calm down. Sure, some unnecessary name-calling and general bashing took place but is it worth shutting this thread down?!

This thread is one of the best reads here on RWG and THE best walk through into the rep world for any noob and invaluable source of information on POs, dealers and the purchasing process.

Please, guys lets keep it open for everyine to enjoy. Pretty please, with sugar on top!

Well said Adeodatus, I couldn't agree more!

In an effort to bring everyone else back on topic (well, I guess it's still off topic since it's a Rolex review in an Omega section), here is the link to my review on the DSSD:

http://www.rwg.cc/topic/142480-review-rolex-deep-sea-sea-dweller-dssd-ultimate/

Enjoy!

@Lovecraft, I have exactly a 7" wrist myself, but this Panerai is a 44mm and I think fits my wrist perfectly:

I think you should give it a try if you like them!

I have 6,5" - but you are right, it looks great on you. I might actually give it a shot! So many watches, so few wrists... what to do ;)

Maxman, I believe that you're referring me as an author of "fake toys" remark. Don't be shy, man, I'm not easily offended and you can definitely point me out. :)

You need to understand, I didn't mean to devalue our hobby, nor did I mean to underestimate any contribution to this thread or any other. I am a rep collector, just like you, Pho or Wetwork. We are all extremely passionate about watches in general, reps, and PO specifically. Just like many here I value a good rep (and as I've written previously, perhaps even more than a gen). My intent was solely to bring this wonderful thread back to topic and try to cool down an extremely heated conversation between two individuals I, personally, value.

Edited by Adeodatus

...but me thinks a few egos are Involved here...Instead of people who actually care about the hobby and the community that surports that

I hope you are not referring to me as being one of the egos? Not that I care really even if you are but not sure. I agree with you that there is nothing special at all about this thread, there are some phenomenal threads on the forum and in the Omega section, I have no idea why this is being referred to as a 'great thread'.

My honest take on the situation is that it was a another 'tolis' thread that was going fast into the abyss and then a newb came in and asked a few decent questions early on...the kind of questions I would like answered if I was buying a first rep, you know ....'why would this movement be better than that?', and ....'what's with the price discrepancies?'....valid questions ...so I stuck with it. Why they can't use the search function I don't know but anyway, it just kept going for a while and all was well, just normal banter.

Then it turned into a circus for no apparent reason, my no bulls*it take on the both of them is that Wetwork is a sh*tstirrer and gets off on pissing off people for fun, a troll if you like, and then phoband, oh phoband, seems to be one of the most sensitive people I've ever come across on the internet...a well respected and long standing member no doubt, but how he survives at all it beyond me...and here we are, nothing really happened, no laws were broken.

Wetwork might have been a bit too pushy for his own good with his let me shove this watch around until somebody calls it out attitude. Both of them seem like children to me or they behave like it. I couldn't really give a sh*te if the thread is shut down. As said earlier in the thread the info is all available anyway on the forum, nothing new here. If I get a warning for my honest opinion so be it.

btw Maxman if I picked you up wrongly on the 'ego' part of your post then my apologies.

Edit: Vandal great review and great pictures.

P.S. 267 replies and almost 4000 views has got to be some kind of forum record! I think all-in-all, despite all the accusations and name-calling it was an interesting, informative and successful thread. One of the things I love about this forum is that the moderators don't over-moderate! Thanks you guys! Freedom of speech - freedom of the people!

I look forward to getting my PO back from Andrew and doing a full review on it, that I can link in this thread...where it belongs!

14 pages of diatribe for a $200 replica watch and it ends up reading like the racist comments on countless YouTube videos.

You guy's crack me up! :D

:D ...I think we've all calmed down now, normal service resumed! The mods sorted it out....FxrAndy told us all to go on the beer last night and we did, .....with gusto,..... best treatment ever :D