When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1675-3 project

gorouk

Since a saw the 1675-3, I started a quest to find the perfect rep. But as many of you know, It's pretty difficult to find good reps of the 1675 (even more difficult for the 1675-3 and - 8)

So I start looking everywhere I can. I finaly found what I was looking for in that forum: RolexAddict's 1675 projects :clap2:

I dicided to contact the 1675 Guru, and suprise! the guy lives near my place! we met, sympathized, and my project really began :)

I still started a topic on the replica-watches-guide forum, but I'm glad to share with you what may be the first 1675-3 nipple dial of the rep history :2a:

1st piece I found, the main one: the dial (gen)

DSCN2636.JPG

A bit damaged, but let's say that's cause of time :D

then, I ordered a crown and tube (gen)

DSCN2655.JPG

after a while, 2 importants pieces arrived. A 25-116 Clark crystal, and the famous 1655 from Josh, with a great DG3804 movement, smooth 21.6k bph, and reliable. As you can see, the guy was perfect (clones?... :oops: ), he put 1675 hand on the watch :)

DSCN2665.JPG

Next step was a bit complicated: the modding of the case. I let the job to RA.

IMG_0117.JPGIMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0119.JPG

He modded the case and crystal to fit, and made a simulation with his own bezel assembly:

IMG_0120.JPG

Last step (for now) was to send the hand to a store that is specialized in gold platting:

hands.png

This is where I am today. Next week, hands will be relume, full bezel assembly, case back and bracelet will be ordered.

Then, I'll have to send the bezel to the gold plating store, and finish the construction.

I just a little worried about movement, I made a little mistake and probably broke the keyless work... If that's right, I'll ordered a new movement from CousinUK.

More to come next week ;)

C.

I

• Like 1

This is really going to be a nice piece! The nipple dial is certainly different and like you said, I haven't seen a GMT rep with one either. My very first rep was a TT black nipple dial sub.

I would be careful about plating the hands though. Is it really cost effective? I'd be worried that the plating would necessitate re-broaching the hands to fit again. There are a few dealers who sell the gold GMT sets. If I recall correctly with the DG3804 (good choice BTW ;) ) you can use a set designed to fit a 1570 movement, only the minute (or is it the hour hand?) needs to be opened up a tiny bit. Akira? Rolexaddict? Ronin? One of you knows for sure which one.

Keyless works are easy to fix, however if you do order a new DG3804, order it from rafflestime and not cousins because the rafflestime one will come with a datewheel overlay already on it that is very very close to a rolex service date wheel.

Great project! Looking forward to more pics!

Edited by cjjoyce1

where did you order the caseback ?

What case back from which source will you use?

I'll order it this week, from Raffle Time, "Submariner Watch Case Back", same size as my actual case back :)

My very first rep was a TT black nipple dial sub.

Can you post some pics? would love to see it :) (yes, I've got something with nipples :D)

Is it really cost effective?

That's the best option for me, to be sure that the tone match with the bezel :) (plus the fact that I have a good relationship with the owner of the shop :D)

I'd be worried that the plating would necessitate re-broaching the hands to fit again.

10 micron plating should be no problem:)

if you do order a new DG3804, order it from rafflestime and not cousins because the rafflestime one will come with a datewheel overlay already on it that is very very close to a rolex service date wheel.

Thank you for this advise, didn't know that RT has DG3804. That's a great to know because I was planning to buy him a case back :)

Thank you all for your nice comments :)

C.

Sorry, the pics I'd post would only make you laugh or cry. It's been my experimental watch for all my first attempts. I've used the dial for everything from experiments of lume recipes to possible lacquer repairs mostly gone wrong. The rest of the watch is the same with two different crown guards and lugs holes (one with a broken bit lodged in it).

• 2 weeks later...

As some of you notices, RA made pics of my 1675-3, but he used his own bezel assembly, case back and bracelet because I dont have mine yet.

But new pieces arrived today :D

IMG_0304.JPG

Tomorrow I'll send the bezel to the gold plating shop. I'm waiting for the case back and bracelet, I hope that this project will be finished before Christmas :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

here are some news from my project.

Extra insert arrived last week, a whole collection :D :

IMG_0333.JPG

And a Christmas present from my carring and lovely woman :D

IMG_0327.JPG

Due to readjustment and because of some details, RA will take the watch for a couple days.

Expect a few more photos :D

Edited by gorouk