When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

At What Point Do You Start To Worry?

WatchDude

At what point do you worry? I know, I know - pick a good dealer and you'll be fine. Well I picked one of the best (supposedly). When I ask questions, I get quick & trite responses - "It will show". Well others get theirs in 4 days, 5 days, 10 days. I'm at 24 and counting.

I don't want to [censored] off my chosen dealer as I'm new to this and learning, but over 3 weeks seems a bit long to me.

At what point do you worry?

Once it hits our shores, how does USPS handle? Is it all ground, via Priority Mail? Why would it take OVER A WEEK from NYC?

Any help or info is greatly appreciated.

-WD

To answer your thread title, I never worry. If it gets lost, most dealers will re-ship.

Most of the time, you'll see that it's in customs, then all of a sudden it shows up at your doorstep.

I've had em from 3 days to well over a month, and some that just disappeared. In the end, I've always got a watch.

Waiting is a [censored] ain`t it?

There are many stories about customs and what they do to our beloved watches.

3 weeks isn`t that long actually.

And now comes the patience part. Maybe they confiscate the watch but you don`t know that now do you?

So there is nothing else what you can do untill you know for sure.

You can`t expect your dealer to send a new watch (if thats included in the deal) after 3 weeks can you.

So there is no other option but to wait. And maybe be pleasantly surprised when it is delivered at your doorstep.

good luck! And :pray: never hurts

Personally I would start to worry if I got a nice little letter from the customs dept.

One point wether your dealer will replace a lost watch or not, you know it's been shipped and it's in NYC so whatever happens from here it's not your dealers fault.

Ken

you know it's been shipped and it's in NYC so whatever happens from here it's not your dealers fault.

I know the tracking number I was provided shows a package in NYC, who knows where the final destination is. Not that I don't trust the dealer - but that doesn't really mean jack. Ya know?

EDIT - Thank you all for trying to put my mind at ease and responses, I'm sure it will come eventually. It just sucks to have to try and be home when the mail gets here to sign for it (you do have to sign for EMS, right?).

Edited by WatchDude

I know the tracking number I was provided shows a package in NYC, who knows where the final destination is. Not that I don't trust the dealer - but that doesn't really mean jack. Ya know?

Well, if it's one of the dealers here it's your watch that the tracking number represents.

Well, if it's one of the dealers here it's your watch that the tracking number represents.

I'm sure it is, just stating due to the way EMS works - at this point it is impossible to tell.

By the way, how did you find the dealer that you ordered from? You've only been a member here for 8 days.....

Although I like it here and I spend more time reading this forum than any other rep related site (now that I've found it), it isn't the only game in town. I've been reading up on this for quite some time. Looking at reps for YEARS and just decided to pull the trigger on one to see how it goes.

Boy you really got to dig deep to find a way to blame the dealer don't you, why don't you just wait for the bloody thing to turn up before you start throwing around baseless accusations.

Ken

Not blaming the dealer at all, I don't see where I did that and if it was implied - it was done so mistakenly. Although shipping has been longer than I would have liked, the communication and reputation of this particular dealer have been second to none. Quick and trite answers, but I imagine he/she gets litterally hundreds of questions a day just like mine and I know detailed answers are not always possible.

I've been a member of MANY forums, some that I'm actually quite active on and I know how this could possibly look. My apologies for 'stirring the pot' as it was not my intention. I searched and searched about delivery and EMS and it seemed to me that this might be on the longer end of what I should expect.

I'll sit idle and wait for the "bloody thing to turn up". :D;)

Regards,

WD

Edited by WatchDude

I've been in constant contact with my dealer, as I stated - responses have been very timely. My dealer discovered that the package was damaged and opened by U.S. Customs - a new watch was promptly shipped out.

Now the waiting starts over. :(

I have learned a very valuable lesson regarding picking dealers. I could have found this watch for a few bucks less elsewhere, but the level of service is worth the extra paid.

I know there are many more reps coming my way and this dealer has EARNED my business for a good majority of them.

I have learned a very valuable lesson regarding picking dealers. I could have found this watch for a few bucks less elsewhere, but the level of service is worth the extra paid.

I know there are many more reps coming my way and this dealer has EARNED my business for a good majority of them.

A valuable lesson learned quickly. :D

To answer your thread title, I never worry. If it gets lost, most dealers will re-ship.

Most of the time, you'll see that it's in customs, then all of a sudden it shows up at your doorstep.

I've had em from 3 days to well over a month, and some that just disappeared. In the end, I've always got a watch.

Is that a pic of your girlfriend, if so. she is one hot MAMA, a little bloodshot in the eyes but fine, very fine.

At what point do you worry? I know, I know - pick a good dealer and you'll be fine. Well I picked one of the best (supposedly). When I ask questions, I get quick & trite responses - "It will show". Well others get theirs in 4 days, 5 days, 10 days. I'm at 24 and counting.

I don't want to [censored] off my chosen dealer as I'm new to this and learning, but over 3 weeks seems a bit long to me.

At what point do you worry?

Once it hits our shores, how does USPS handle? Is it all ground, via Priority Mail? Why would it take OVER A WEEK from NYC?

Any help or info is greatly appreciated.

-WD

I empathize with you..with EMS my tracking is almost never accurate..sometimes indicating that the item is still in UK and then get it in the mail the same day in US!

All you can do is wait .

Track , track, tracking.....Where's my frickin Watch!

140728-17092.gif

.really..and if you do get a letter from customs contact the dealer..

• 3 weeks later...