When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5513 build

highoeyazmuhudee

hi guys, alligoat pretty much nailed it.

MBK case

gen crown/tube

gen dial

gen insert

combo yuki hour hand minute hand, clarks second hand -trimmed the tip, exactly like gen now. the yuki minute hand is also perfect. the hour hand however none of them seem to have the correct mercedes size the gen is much larger.

clarks T19

beating in the case is a 2783

unfortunately this is not my watch to keep

Beautiful! So did you cut the dial feet?

I'm planning to do a similar Milsub build with a gen 70's dial (with pad printed T) eventually, but I really don't know if I should (or better, would be willing to) cut the feet if I don't get a gen 1520 to fit in my modern MBW case...

Beautiful! So did you cut the dial feet?

I'm planning to do a similar Milsub build with a gen 70's dial (with pad printed T) eventually, but I really don't know if I should (or better, would be willing to) cut the feet if I don't get a gen 1520 to fit in my modern MBW case...

Depending of the final result for the dial, it would be bad to cut the feet if you want to sell / upgrade your project later :g:

But it's just my opinion - it's more depending of the cost you want for the build !

Personally, I will go (once my Daytona's are finished) for a 1520, gen hands / dial with the pad printing like you, and probably Phong's case because I really care about the engraving of the case

I don't think it's wasted money - if you need, it's really easy to sell the mov. , dial and hands these days ;)

Plus you have already the MBW case B)

As always, just my 2 cts... !