When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pulled The Trigger and Got a Gen Sub

hylnder777

Trying on a friends Gen Sub got my head spinning and no matter how nice a rep I got couldn't get that gen feel again. It drove me absolutely mad, yes I'm the guy always complaining about setting the time and the hands go the wrong way...lol Sooo, I pulled the trigger and bought it from him. A beautiful no holes "F" serial 16610 Submariner :) Don't get me wrong, there are some awesome builds out there. This was something I could not pass up. I am happier than a tornado in a trailer park!!!

That leaves 3 beautiful Gen Swiss ETA 28,800 hand built subs I will be selling soon. One is the 11610 Ceramic with box, booklets, card, etc

post-40339-0-11651400-1325199261.jpg

Edited by hylnder777

Congrats. At some point many of us wake up and conclude a gen is the only way to make yourself "Rolex" happy. It has always amazed me that the most repped watch of all time still has no great rep. Wear that one well. I will be curious to see if you ever buy a Rolex rep again. You may well be ruined. ;)

Congrats mate. I actually did the opposite.I sold my gen 16610. A while back to fund a variety of high quality reps.

Though I admit a gen is tops, I just love having variety in the morning. And, I'm not as rich as those guys on VRF to afford 15 gens!

Enjoy your new sub!

Same here. I sold me gen two tone submariner 16613. I was going traveling for a bit and didn't feel like taking it with me.

The only people who ever said anything about asked if it was a fake, and wanted to look at the second hand going round.

So now I think I might as well have the fakes.

It means I can't say to myself "I've got a Rolex and you haven't" but I can live with that.

Believe me, I would rather have an awesome rep for the lesser cost of fixing, etc. I'll tell you though, the build I was planning was the ultimate with a Sean Case set,and SA3135 Puretime with gen parts or ETA with Yuki, gen band, etc but cost was almost $3k by the time you add it up, not to mention time. The gen was $4k with papers and from a well known friend who let me have it in 3 payments :)

Edited by hylnder777