When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Must See Video on Watches - newb to admin it's for you

fotoman

Contributions by: georgegrasser; wraithride, FxrAndy

How it's made luxury watches

How it's made leather watchbands

How it's made Panerai

Part 1

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=namj9CES-TE

Part 2

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNcf5o9N3WA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The Fake Trade - documentary

www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5zcqgcZfOw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This will take you to Basel World videos, it is the huge annual watch show where the crazy watches are unveiled and info about super exclusive watch brands you have never heard of

http://www.youtube.c...l1043l0.2.3l5l0

National Geographic Illicit The Dark Trade

Part 1: www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG2Zvr2AS0k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Part 2: www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9xVPagquTg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Part 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJBs14CoYF4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Part 4: www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIomhsT3cys&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Propper watch making

Roger Smith

basic watch $100k 2 year waiting list

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltJyKCw8XKE&featureyoutube_gdata_player

more here

http://www.youtube.c.../rwsmithwatches

YouTube also has official videos created by watch brands like Rolex and Zenith about how their products are made or tested or premiered. I was going to make a list, but it's so endless and constantly updating, it would be silly to aggregate.

What else do you have? - just a few years ago you had to have a dvr, now You Tube has everything, even the nudie video you took of your GF you took in the 80's and thought you erased. Or the super8 - no not that super 8 the one with no sound and a projector :)

• Like 1

Fantastic videos! Thanks for linking them. Like everyone else, I can't get over the eggs. Are real eggs so expensive that the fake egg market is that lucrative?

Maybe eggs are harder to come by in other countries, but in the US the average price of a dozen eggs is around $2. That's $0.16 per egg. It seems like producing a fake egg would cost more than that. And even if it's cheaper, how much cheaper could it be?

What really scared me was the fake condoms!!!

It seems like producing a fake egg would cost more than that.

Actually I think (if I remember correctly) the fake eggs saves about 2 or 3 cents an egg, that might not sound much but when you consider that a factory worker makes about $3 a day think of the profit if the same person spent all day making dozens of these eggs.

Ken

Actually I think (if I remember correctly) the fake eggs saves about 2 or 3 cents an egg, that might not sound much but when you consider that a factory worker makes about $3 a day think of the profit if the same person spent all day making dozens of these eggs.

Ken

Haha... I think we're all missing the most important question. How do they taste?

That video on The Fake Industry was an eye opener. The point is who is to blame for such business practice. The manufacturer or the consumer ?

I see a tremendous difference between buying fake watch or shirt, which will do no real harm to anyone and being poisoned by fake medicines or food,

The point is clear. Fake goods are out there beceuse they are cheap to produce and because there are millions who buy them because we cannot afford the real product.

If the big brands wanted to shut down this industry they could do it overnight. But ... yes there is a but. It would hurt their business. Picture all the American and Europen companies taking back home their production plants. Thet would hurt their "esay way of making money" deeply.

It's good to know (that's's the relativist side) that there is no trace of child labor in the watch industry ... or is there ?

That video on The Fake Industry was an eye opener. The point is who is to blame for such business practice. The manufacturer or the consumer ?

I see a tremendous difference between buying fake watch or shirt, which will do no real harm to anyone and being poisoned by fake medicines or food,

The point is clear. Fake goods are out there beceuse they are cheap to produce and because there are millions who buy them because we cannot afford the real product.

If the big brands wanted to shut down this industry they could do it overnight. But ... yes there is a but. It would hurt their business. Picture all the American and Europen companies taking back home their production plants. Thet would hurt their "esay way of making money" deeply.

It's good to know (that's's the relativist side) that there is no trace of child labor in the watch industry ... or is there ?

You underestimate the scale of the issue. Big brands would shut down fakes if they could, and china would make fakes even if the production factories weren't over there.

The real question is, what china will emerge. They majority of it's population live in squalor. They have the world by the financial balls. The have a huge pollution problem. Will the govt figure out a way to springboard this success to raise the country into a sustainable middle class? Or will they implode due to mis management. This chapter has yet to be written. I have heard convincing arguments both ways

• 3 weeks later...