When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 390 is out... What are your thoughts?

swdivad

For one thing, I hope they (H Factory) polish these better than the 000 I got some months ago... although it was polished to mirror finish, it was ridgy and uneven so it didn't give the smooth reflections. They have to work on the preliminary polishing to get the case smoother before doing the final buffing.

Just the lug screw on the CG side of the watch, everything else was good in my QA pics, the watch looked great. But I have not heard back in more then 24 hours after my comment and I sent another reminder email. Not sure what's up, should I worry?

Messed up? Just the screw or? :g:
Edited by lfovco

Since dealers specifically ask not to post QA pics, I am not posting them.

Here is only a cropped picture that shows the issue with the lug.

Like I mentioned above everything else in the QA pics look great. But this lug deal looks weird to me and it does not seem like it is a picture distortion as all the shape of the case around it looks normal. Unless it is a super weird picture distortion...

broken_lug.jpg

I sent it over yesterday morning but I have had not heard back yet.

It could be just a picture distortion/reflection but it looks weird.

I don't mind waiting longer as long as I get a product without manufacturing fault.

Did you send it to his email? He is usually really quick to answer

On paper, nothing is special about it, but it has a vintage feel (gold hands, faux-patinated lume, brown dial) that a lot of Panerai fans like. It was also a special edition that was distributed in a slightly more equitable fashion than normal, so the flippers didn't get every last one of them.

The thinking at Paneristi is that the 390 is a sort of 360 for those who didn't get a 360, and an apology for the clusterfrick that was the 360 distribution. It's not the stainless steel-cased 360 that they all want, but it's better than nothing.

Personally I think it's a very handsome piece and will be purchasing one when Noob factory comes out with one.

On paper, nothing is special about it, but it has a vintage feel (gold hands, faux-patinated lume, brown dial) that a lot of Panerai fans like. It was also a special edition that was distributed in a slightly more equitable fashion than normal, so the flippers didn't get every last one of them.

The thinking at Paneristi is that the 390 is a sort of 360 for those who didn't get a 360, and an apology for the clusterfrick that was the 360 distribution. It's not the stainless steel-cased 360 that they all want, but it's better than nothing.

Personally I think it's a very handsome piece and will be purchasing one when Noob factory comes out with one.

Could not have said it better myself..

It's another version of pam000, what is so special about it? I don't get it

000 logo dial / 390 no logo

000 black dial / 390 brown dial

000 black hands / 390 gold hands

000 standard lume / 390 vintage lume

000 standard case back / 390 specially engraved case back with pig

... other than that... I guess that's why they refer to the 000 as a "base" PAM :)

000 logo dial / 390 no logo

000 black dial / 390 brown dial

000 black hands / 390 gold hands

000 standard lume / 390 vintage lume

000 standard case back / 390 specially engraved case back with pig

... other than that... I guess that's why they refer to the 000 as a "base" PAM

Yea but what else?? Lol

Yea but what else?? Lol

000 boring black calf / 390 vintage ass strap

000 boring little presentation box / 390 unnecessarily over-sized Ltd. Ed. box with a fake parchment scroll designating the unique # that you and you alone posses so you get a warm fuzzy feeling every night before you go to sleep glancing over at your "special" watch admiringly placed on the nightstand with the dial face aimed in your direction.

That's why I bought the rep version ;)

000 boring black calf / 390 vintage ass strap

000 boring little presentation box / 390 unnecessarily over-sized Ltd. Ed. box with a fake parchment scroll designating the unique # that you and you alone posses so you get a warm fuzzy feeling every night before you go to sleep glancing over at your "special" watch admiringly placed on the nightstand with the dial face aimed in your direction.

That's why I bought the rep version

Yea but what else ... ;)