When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 390 is out... What are your thoughts?

swdivad

I love it, but as I am a pam noob, let me ask the experts. The part of the crown lever, the triangular part that contacts the crown, seems to be a different shape then the gen. I noticed this on the 029M that I have on route, as well as a few other of the new pieces. Am I crazy or do others see this as well.

thanks for posting!

The H and N factories have come out with some great PAM reps lately (005, 029), however one of their" long-time" (no pun intended) weak points has been the accuracy of the dial color when the color is anything but black. I will be interested to hear what our members have to say about the dial color once they receive the watch.

Also,will the N factory come out with their version of the PAM 390? This watch will probably be a big seller IMHO.

wguy

After CP mod and sec stem removal mod it is good rep, but for me dial and watch totality is "too empty, simple" , don´t see why I have to buy it. This model will not" talk" with me unfortunetaly...

what do you have to mod onthe canon pin on this?

The canon pinion on gen PAMs is flattened and polished. Fresh out of the box, a movement's canon pinion is ever-so-slightly pointy. It's a small thing, but it can be a glaring giveaway if you know to look for it.

Pulling the movement then the CP is trivial. I don't know why the factories don't do it themselves, but, hey, what're ya gonna do?

Edited by atomic_doug

I love it, but as I am a pam noob, let me ask the experts. The part of the crown lever, the triangular part that contacts the crown, seems to be a different shape then the gen. I noticed this on the 029M that I have on route, as well as a few other of the new pieces. Am I crazy or do others see this as well.

thanks for posting!

Nope, you're not crazy... on the wrist that area isn't as noticeable as being wider than the gen. In the OP, the watch on the right is gen and you can see that the area you're referring to is noticeably slimmer.

thanks for posting!

yeah, I think your crazy.. ;) Honestly I really do not know!

MM

The H and N factories have come out with some great PAM reps lately (005, 029), however one of their" long-time" (no pun intended) weak points has been the accuracy of the dial color when the color is anything but black. I will be interested to hear what our members have to say about the dial color once they receive the watch.

Also,will the N factory come out with their version of the PAM 390? This watch will probably be a big seller IMHO.

wguy

From what I can see. the dial color is very close to gen.. Look for yourself..;)

I think the 390 is going to be a huge seller...

MM

I love it. Just ordered one.

Here is a gen to compare all your QC pics with :)

I love that strap! ;)

Do you know what it is?

MM

allpanerai04012012008.jpg

shes a beauty, but you guys conserned about the non running secs "mod" (reffering to the zigmeisters write up on that matter) ?

I highly respect Robs opinion. How many hundreds of Pam 112 have been sold without problems. Also,, Rob recommends

servicing your new watches, which i will have this serviced right away...;)

MM

shes a beauty, but you guys conserned about the non running secs "mod" (reffering to the zigmeisters write up on that matter) ?

We won't know how the factory disabled the seconds pinion until someone sees it for themselves. Maybe it will be OK and maybe it will be half-assed.