When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what would you do? seller says he shipped the watch but hasnt.

mikolee

guys i wont be mentioning any names but im in a bit of a pickle.

i have bought stuff from this person on one other occassion. watch

was perfect and as described.

i pay for another watch and am real excited. paid for the item around mid

jan 14ish. part of the reason why i liked this guy is he was always so diligent

in replying and answering all my questions via email. he obviously has push

email on his mobile as his emails and replies were very quick.

soon after i sent numerous emails asking about the tracking number no replies.

no worries all good. on jan 23 He replies back saying he has shipped the item last

week and to drop him a line when i receive item. so shipping must have been jan 18,19,20

Wow cool im excited!!

watch did not arrive and numerous emails and pms later i still get no reply. on jan 29

He apologizes and says a family emergency occured, and hed ship the item out first thing

on monday JAN 30. oK SO now im a bit confused and ticked for obvious reasons but can understand

that a family emergency superceeds anything else.

today i followed up on the watch shipping and he replies saying the watch has not yet been shipped

due to the family emergency. Yet the guy is active in the watch forums and as early as jan 23,24,25

posting watches he received, taking photos etc etc. not too busy to do this but in a emergency he cant

ship my watch. ive been scammed before by guys who sold me 2-3 watches so now im worried.

dont want to be heartless and callous but i was obviously lied to when he said he shipped watch on the 23rd.

what should i do?

Hmmm, I'll let the experienced guys answer this, I haven't had a problem with any member yet touch wood, personally I always check their profile and how many posts they have made and how long they have been around, and I base my purchasing off that.

Sent from SUNRAY MINOR

same here. im a member of numerous equipment forums and not only watches so im very careful.

in fact remember Yeo aka PAMFRIED? purchased one of my best watches from him years ago then

he scammed me on my last purchase.

this one though is different and the guy could be going thru some real family emergency so i dont want

to do anything insensitive or drastic.

How did you transfer the funds? V important!

Well , I would cancel the sale, and ask for a refund.

And at that time seek a response within 24 hours..

As you had received incorrect shipping info, I believe you are well within your rights to cancel and claim a refund.

Obviously the method of funds transfer may become a major point in the ongoing 'discussions".

Offshore

How did you transfer the funds? V important!

Well , I would cancel the sale, and ask for a refund.

And at that time seek a response within 24 hours..

As you had received incorrect shipping info, I believe you are well within your rights to cancel and claim a refund.

Obviously the method of funds transfer may become a major point in the ongoing 'discussions".

Offshore

well my brother paid for it via paypal so i can file a dispute anytime.

im just hoping that the guy pulls thru and ships the watch

filed a dispute mins ago and he replied almost immediately and says he will ship the

watch at the end of the week due to a family emergency.

so i guess i wait til the end of the week. im in NYC watch is somewhere north

of where i am

I hope this gets resolved really soon! what rise the flag for me is that he takes the time to respond to your messages, with erroneous information, then 'comes clean' and apologise and makes a promise that he does not come trough with. as a buyer i would consider this as "him buying time" and that worries me.

If i had a family crisis that held me from going to the post office, the first thing i would do is transfer back the money, and send a message explaining my situation, and that the buyer is welcome to again purchase the watch when i had time to tend to the deal.

I sincerely hope that the guys family crisis ends well. But spending the precious time making up stories about shipment that never occured is not the way to treat anyone.

• Like 1

He's giving you the run around, file the dispute, get your money back and consider it a "lesson learned"......I've already had 2 bad transactions on the rep forums in just a few months of buying. I bought and sold over 100 watches on gen forums and never had the first issue? (Go figure?) The first deal was just like yours, I was promised the watch would ship for well over 2 weeks then he fell silent for 2 weeks, I had just days left to file a claim when I did....The mods got involved and he never answered them either, so he was banned..

The second one was a real pisser, I found a Super Sea Dweller after months and months of searching. I paid the HIGH asking price immediately without consern because he had excellent feedback. 2 days go by and I get a message saying, get this [censored].... "I've refunded your money, I was at the PO getting ready to ship your SSD when I opened my car door and it fell out of my lap right in to a storm drain!!" He goes on to say, "I tried everything to get it back but the storm drain grate is welded down and I can't get to it" I also called the city to see if they can help me get it back but I doubt they will"....."I will keep you updated if I get it back"....

Yeah right, F--king LIAR!! He sold it someone else who offered more money!! It would've been fine for me if he would've just told the truth and gave me a chance to up my bid but no he had to come up with an extravagant LIE! What some people will do is just beyond me???

The guy is lying..and trying to buy time as Duke said. 99.99999999999999999999% of the time...when someone is trying to pull some BS on another member....there is always the Infamous "family emergency" without fail.

What I find odd about these catastrophic family emergencies are...these people still have time to fart around on the watch forums...wrist shots.. chatting with there forum buddys. oh please. :rolleyes:

Of course do as you wish....but If It were me..I would ask for a refund due to the lack of honesty. Tell him you just dont feel comfortable with the transaction any longer.

I would give him a few days to make things right..If he dosent...file a dispute. Also tell him that you will post his name In this thread.

I would also give his name to the admin..so they can keep a eye on his activity here.

Best of luck with this issue.

Mike

First off, we need to know who this person is so other members can avoid them. If he first told you it was shipped and then backtracked and said it will be shipped, as above, he's giving you the runaround, so contact moderators so they know who to get medieval on, and go ahead with the dispute to get your cash back... Best of luck with it all :good::drinks:

Cancel the sale . What will you do when the watch doesn't seem to be the watch you expect. You can't expect any service from this guy.

As said earlier lesson learned and go on with your hobby.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

well i will give the guy the benefit of the doubt. il give him up to end of this week.

hes a regular here and on the other site. dont think hel ruin his reputation for a watch.

@duke1973 thats a stupid excuse. cmmon couldnt he think of a better excuse? Lol. BTW watch i

purchased was also a SSD

well i will give the guy the benefit of the doubt. il give him up to end of this week. hes a regular here and on the other site. dont think hel ruin his reputation for a watch. @duke1973 thats a stupid excuse. cmmon couldnt he think of a better excuse? Lol. BTW watch i purchased was also a SSD

"dont think he will ruin his reputation for a watch"....dont be to sure....others have done just that.

It dosent happen often...but It does happen. Just so you know.