When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Concepta sends item to wrong address. Avoids communication with no plans of reimbursement.

andrewsidekick

Hello everyone,

I am a long time lurker in RWG/repgeek forum. It is unfortunate that I have to write my first post here regarding this incident. I am going to try and make this short and to the point.

I ordered 3714-01 "genestein" from concepta 9 month ago(May 9th, 2011). I've transferred him the full payment of $1690 in paypal and have been waiting since. The communication has been very poor through out the wait. I moved to a new home last November and PM'd concepta to update him of my new address and to ask him for the status of my order. He told me that he has new/better cases on the works and will get back to me with a complete time schedule within a week. Full month passed and I received no contact from concepta. At this point I was frustrated and also scared that I may be seeing nothing back so I PM'd concepta asking for my deposit back(Dec 5), To my surprise, he replied couple hours later saying he had the watch ready with Texski (Mike) and can also provide me with a refund. Obviously I told him I'll take the watch. So I waited another month and messaged concepta and got no response(Jan 5). Next day, I decided to try contacting Texski hoping I may get accurate status of my order thru him(Jan 6). He replied me back very quickly with a shocking surprise that the watch has already been delivered 2 weeks ago(Dec 23) not to my home but my previous address and was signed by the security. Since then, I have tried all I can to retrieve the item but it's been going no where. I drove to my previous apartment twice(which is an hr drive away), talked to the management, current tenants and the security but the item is no where to be found. Texski also filed a claim to fedex for me but the claim has been denied saying there was no mishandling of shipment. At this point, I really want concepta to stop avoiding communication and either refund me the deposit back or send me the promised item. :(

Thank you for reading.

Andrew

Cliff

- Ordered 3714-01 from concepta 9 months ago with full payment of $1690 (May 9th, 2011)

- I move to new home and update concepta of my new address with confirmation twice(Nov, Dec)

- Poor communication, lack of status update and false word on time frame.

- Ask for a refund, concepta says watch is ready. I tell him I'll take the watch. No time frame was given. (Dec 5)

- Randomly contact texski (Jan 6) to find out that item was already shipped 2 weeks(Dec 23) ago to old address hour drive away

- Retrieving the item unsuccessful. Item no where to be found

- No word back from Concepta. Avoiding communication nor repayment.

Edited by andrewsidekick

I am also waiting for a replacement case for a really f***** up project (Domi screwed up big time, which is another story, though the watch was ordered through Concepta AND the parts paid for to him) for several months now and haven't heard anything. Not a good sign, if you ask me...

I did not know concepta's project was with Domi. If I had known, I would've done just that. When concepta told me his involvement with Texski, I went to him since concepta seems to hate to communicate. If Texski have not responded, I still would not have known the status of my order.

Would like to add that the watch was for $1,737.95 USD - ($1185 EUR) and not $1690 as I previously posted.

Edited by andrewsidekick

Guest zeleni kukuruz

@sidekick

Thats alot of money that got flushed down the drain! Maaaan i would kick myself in the balls if i was on your side, can realy feel your pain and sadnes here!!! But what the [censored] did concept think about? You gave him the new address, but he shipped it to the wrong one!!! Thats like NOT paying attention to emails, to many balls in the air i say.

Woooow what the [censored] is there to do now? If it was me, i would hold concept responsebel for this!!! There is no way you should go on the loser side in this matter!!!

I did not know concepta's project was with Domi. If I had known, I would've done just that. When concepta told me his involvement with Texski, I went to him since concepta seems to hate to communicate. If Texski have not responded, I still would not have known the status of my order.

Would like to add that the watch was for $1,737.95 USD - ($1185 EUR) and not $1690 as I previously posted.

Just talk by phone with DOMI now, the last work Domi get for C. was 6 mouths ago.

No works are coming for C. from Domi now.

Edited by rosnik

Those Italians :protest: ....do just as they like.....but truth is we dont have many options....and Domi does true wonders sometimes

AHAHAHA!!! :) :)

I prefer to wait for one perfect work ,

than to lose no time for a not right work.....

Wile.....do you nether ship your GEN Rolex at the AD for repair??

Last time I spent 7 mouths......

This is a real balls of a situation to be in, I feel for you OP, It would be nice to think that whoever signed for it would've done the decent thing and held onto it for you, not these days. How much was the package insured for? Fedex have to take some responsibility for this...the package didn't get into your hands so they can't wash their hands of it, even if they try to (and they are bstards for it dhl, fedex, ups, the lot of them, they promise everything and they never want to pay out when things go wrong)

...also concepta needs to pull the finger out and get some recompense going, not good enough. If himself and others are going to do business with gen like priced items then they need a proper 3rd party jewellery insurer, like parcelpro etc.... not regular postage insurance, it's not worth a shiit. Even the rep dealers offer to resend the package as a form of insurance if things go wrong.

About Domi working time you was sure informed already before to start.

Wile, for info you can always drop a mail to Domi to receive a replay about state of work.

I don't want to hijack this, so I'll keep this as short as possible. I for my part will never, ever again send anything to Domi. I had him build a gen powered 3714-38 from parts mostly from Concepta and some I had to source myself (Concepta was out of gen dials, tachymeter rings and crowns then). I knew he had a lot to do, so I didn't mind when I was told 3 months waiting time. When 5 and 6 months had passed I started asking questions and insisted he should finally finish my watch as promised. End of story, while he did deliver the watch in time for a third (!) promised due date (the watch was meant to be a present 3 months before) he had scratched the dial, destroyed the crystal gasket and damaged the rep tachymeter scale. On top of that he also tried to screw me over for the exact gen tachymeter ring, which he couldn't install despite prior claims, when he deliberately didn't send it with the finished watch. When I confronted him about the damages and asked him to fix these problems, he simply told me he wouldn't work on the watch anymore and that it wasn't his problem any longer. Amazing service. At least he sent my tachymeter ring after a few emails eventually...

Concepta himself was appaled by Domi's reaction and promised he would at least send me one of his newer, improved case sets when they were finished (because of the damaged gasket and the fact the tachymeter ring wouldn't fit). I haven't heard from him since.

Domi has done good work on my now sold V726 6265 franken, but to be honest, that shouldn't have been too challenging since it consisted of only gen parts, which most likely fit with no problem.

I understand that you are somewhat biased here, since Domi is a good friend of yours, Rosnik, but to me such behaviour is unacceptable, plain and simple. I'm not bashing Domi's work in general here, perhaps he has sorted out his problems (he obviously accepted far more work than he was able to handle at least last year), but no matter what, I will have my work done elsewhere.

This is a real balls of a situation to be in, I feel for you OP, It would be nice to think that whoever signed for it would've done the decent thing and held onto it for you, not these days. How much was the package insured for? Fedex have to take some responsibility for this...the package didn't get into your hands so they can't wash their hands of it, even if they try to (and they are bstards for it dhl, fedex, ups, the lot of them, they promise everything and they never want to pay out when things go wrong)

...also concepta needs to pull the finger out and get some recompense going, not good enough. If himself and others are going to do business with gen like priced items then they need a proper 3rd party jewellery insurer, like parcelpro etc.... not regular postage insurance, it's not worth a shiit. Even the rep dealers offer to resend the package as a form of insurance if things go wrong.

Cougar, Concepta is NOT making any more watches. He had too many problems. The Zigmeister our master Watch Maker here will NOT work on Concepta watches

due to poor workmanship and no consistency.. Sad but true!

MM

Thanks for the interest guys. I could not be happier with how things resolved. Concepta refunded my deposit and even offered to build a portu without any cost :)

Regarding the police report, I've spoke to an officer for a lengthy time on the phone and was discouraged to have him come out and file a report. Only reason to file is if I could take this matter to a small claim court. FedEx shipment was scanned/signed as a batch with 30 other shipment and having two weeks pass made it very difficult to know who to file the claim against. I could've simply tried taking the apartment company as the defendant but I was told that there was not enough evidence for a probable cause.

whilst I'm glad to hear that concepta has sorted things out I would be very sceptical about any future promises.

I do not mean this in a bad way towards concepta at all, but with the past history you have told us about just because he's says one thing surely doesn't mean he will do it.

I'm glad that this worked out for the OP.

But I’m just curious:

Mike never got the new correct address from Concepta?

The Zigmeister will not service a Concepta built watch....that's all I need to know... :)

Concepta don’t build these watches.

He can get gen parts but he doesn’t build them.

Domi used to build Conceptas 3714 until his work started to take to long and people started to complain about his work.

Some time ago Concepta started to work with Mike/texski in the US who has built the latest 3714.

So the correct statement would be that The Zigmeister will not work on a Domi built 3714.

Edited by Klockis