When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Concepta sends item to wrong address. Avoids communication with no plans of reimbursement.

andrewsidekick

Thanks for the interest guys. I could not be happier with how things resolved. Concepta refunded my deposit and even offered to build a portu without any cost

Wow. This is truly amazing. While delivering the watch to the wrong address was no doubt his fault I find your apartment to be the true thieves. I would have called ten times a day and badgered them until they came up with something. I mean... Somebody STOLE your watch!

I've ordered a concepta genestein Mark XVI before and yes, his time management and communication blows. After 9 weeks though... He delivered as promised. Refunding AND offering to build you a port is going well above his call of duty. I mean he's losing easily over $3k over this ordeal.

And yes, concepta sources parts and sends them to his watchmaker.. He doesn't build them himself. He probably rarely, if ever, sees the finished product before shipment.

Anyways, I would totally still buy a genestein from him. Beyond his communication issues and wait time he's still a man of his word. Your also getting a brand new gen for half the cost. :)

Edited by phillycheez

I'm glad that this worked out for the OP.

But I’m just curious:

Mike never got the new correct address from Concepta?

Concepta don’t build these watches.

He can get gen parts but he doesn’t build them.

Domi used to build Conceptas 3714 until his work started to take to long and people started to complain about his work.

Some time ago Concepta started to work with Mike/texski in the US who has built the latest 3714.

So the correct statement would be that The Zigmeister will not work on a Domi built 3714.

Thanks for the clarification, K.

I sent the watch to the only address Concepta provided.

Andrew,

I burned some midnight oil to make sure that you got this before Christmas ... and I am disappointed that you did not.

I am glad that you got the police involved. I do not know who told you that there was not enough evidence, but a direct signature is more than enough! We have a signature the person who signed for this package, and this is saying that they received it and will take responsibility to deliver it correctly. They obviously did not.

While Concepta had the package sent to the wrong address, I still believe that you are being too lienient with the Apartment Staff. Yes, Concepta made a mistake, but I do not believe that he should bear full responsibility. Your former apartment staff mishandled this, and I think they should take responsibility. It would be appropriate to file a claim on their insurance.

Mike

Here is the last line in an email from The Zigmeister...

>Please note: we do not accept Concepta assembled watches due to poor workmanship issues.

I don't care who puts them together... If it was purchased through Concepta, The Zigmeister will not touch it....that's still good enough for me..:)

Mike, could you elaborate why Domi's IWC were poor quality in general? What are the primary shortcomings, despite poor workmanship in some cases? As I've written above I have first hand experience, but I'm curious what has changed. Concepta told me last year that you were working on a new case, any other changes or even pictures?

Btw. I contacted Nik concerning my case, still no word, I hope he'll sort things out with me as well.

I don't care who puts them together... If it was purchased through Concepta, The Zigmeister will not touch it....that's still good enough for me.. :)

In addition, I don't accept previously worked on watches, no matter who did the work, without prior approval. In the case of certain modders, I won't go near any watch they have touched. And I only accept previously worked on watches with the understanding from the customer that a pre-work inspection will be done and all issues noted - BEFORE - any work is undertaken, and I retain the right to refuse to do any work if the inspection indicates serious issues.

My experience shows an almost total lack of the very basic skills with many so called experts and modders (like blowing the dust off the movement and caseback), most have no idea of what is expected in terms of watchmaking quality, skill, care, ability, and workmanship standards.

This is nothing new, it's been like this as long as the forum has existed...however if you read the forum carefully, all the information you need to make an informed decision is here.

I have literally hundered's of pictures that serve as examples of the garbage that these people do, a real shame.

And that, is all I will say about this topic. :)

• Like 1

About 3714 with ASIA 7750,

you all perfectly know that's a time bomb!!!

You all sure know that the only solution is to get one GEN IWC movement or

get the modification ( delivered only on the last mouth by Domi , wile expensive ) .

Contrary,........... get your 3714 on trash when it stop to run.

Wile please take in count :

- Lot of Concepta watches did nether passed to DOMI, he seed Domi assembled and Domi tested, bla...bla.....

They stopped collaboration more than 6 mouth ago.

So you can get your conclusions about.

- If you got one A7750 , it always rest and wil be one ASIA movement,

to solve, ( best if possible ) is to replace with real Swiss one .

-personally I perfectly understand and support Zig decision to not repair some bud assembled watches.

He is perfectly in right for all.

Edited by rosnik

I'm completely impartial in all of this and not stepping on anyone, and I realise the refund is a nice gesture, but from the completely impartial standpoint I hate to rock the boat and say that the 'gesture' was only forthcoming after the 'customer' went on 3 forums and created a big palaver over the scenario, In these circumstances the sceptic in me doesn't like it when it takes a big song and dance and potential loss of future business for the seller to get the message, and only then for the 'gesture' to come forward. Not good business sense or customer service really.

blablabla an other stupdid Domi bushing thread .... ist getting booooring ....

always the same motherfickers complaining :D

guys this is a [censored] big buisiness for some people ;) not only Chinese people make money with reps ....

cheers,

Frank

P.S. an Concepta watch is not a gen watch - even if you pay some fortune for a few IWC parts :)

I'm completely impartial in all of this and not stepping on anyone, and I realise the refund is a nice gesture, but from the completely impartial standpoint I hate to rock the boat and say that the 'gesture' was only forthcoming after the 'customer' went on 3 forums and created a big palaver over the scenario, In these circumstances the sceptic in me doesn't like it when it takes a big song and dance and potential loss of future business for the seller to get the message, and only then for the 'gesture' to come forward. Not good business sense or customer service really.

i think thats true without that, i dont think concepta would have done anything!!

he made a lot of money so i dont think this 2k will hurt him ;)

i think many of us dont know how much money they can make.. thats some serious money!

blablabla an other stupdid Domi bushing thread .... ist getting booooring ....

always the same motherfickers complaining :D

guys this is a [censored] big buisiness for some people ;) not only Chinese people make money with reps ....

cheers,

Frank

P.S. an Concepta watch is not a gen watch - even if you pay some fortune for a few IWC parts :)

hey yo you are talking strong homie :D

yes still a rep no matter how much you spend :)

I have seen Concepta refund others, and I never saw a flame post for any of these.

It is his day job that permits his generosity.

And for those that think there is big money to be made building these watches ... jump right in!

Skip the AD, and go directly to the factory in Schaffhausen, get these parts wholesale.

If you can't build these watches yourself, find a qualified watchsmith who can.

And then listen to the guy who paid 1/3 of the retail price complain because he found flaws using the 30x microscope.

And then, when you are sent the wrong dial, pay to have it shipped back, and wait another 6 weeks to get the correct one.

And then, try to get warped cases replaced by our buddies in GZ.

And then, respond to 100+ messages a week.

If you can endure this for 3 months, let us know about all the big money you are making.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong Texski, I know for a fact Concepta and yourself are not making huge amount of money on this, I'm well aware of the price of constructing a complete franken from any brand so price was never a argument in any of this. As far as I'm concerned I think the builds are superb value for money, all things considered. I'm still surprised ye even took the projects on, as it's these little scenarios (which are bound to happen on an occasion) that can make of break an operation like this.

I just believe in future it might be diligent to cover yourselves should the worst come to the worst and it happen again or maybe a couple of times. As said before once the price of the goods transported go up it's no good relying on generic carrier insurance, it just doesn't cut it when things go wrong such as in the above situation. It might instill more confidence in a buyer aswell, knowing that if the item goes missing then they are 100% covered.

The anally retentive nature of rep buyers was never in dispute, if they were to tear apart most gens at 10x+ then they would see problems....but they really would ignore them because they bought it from an AD.....amazing the psychological difference an actual AD bought gen can have over an identical franken constructed in the same manner, just bought from a different source. Thats rep buyers for you though.

Cougar,

The 'big money' comment was not directed to you ... sorry for the confusion.

Shipping is such a difficult thing. As a part of the final payment, I discuss with my clients how they want it shipped. Some want a declared value of $100 and no insurance. I a country where corruption is high, this may allow a high-value watch pass. Rarely do I have someone who wants to pay $100 for shipping. And even in this situation, I paid extra out of my own pocket so that this watch would arrive before Christmas, and to have it insured. (I wonder what rights I have as the shipper to get the police involved?) I suspect that even if I were to offer this service, most would be reluctant to pay for it. If you have more information, please post it ... I am sure that others would like to know more about this, too.

As far as excessively picky buyers, you are right. Neurologically it is closer to OCD, and they condition themselves not to see defects in the gen. That is why I stopped taking Super-Macro pictures. Once we have this image committed to long-term memory, we 'perceive' a defect even if we are not physically able to 'see' it. Nevertheless, these are some beautiful watches!

Mike

Have only chatted with Nik a couple times, although we're fellow countrymen, communication was then however good. Main reason for the few contacts was that I happened to stumble across Texski, who must be one of - or even THE best guy around these forums. Highly technically skilled, always with time to help and very caring about fellow members. From PM conversations I know him being torn up and fighting for this specific watch (I think :)) - and that was WAY before this thread was posted. Have no fears or worries dealing with these guys, but everyone form their own opinion.

I always assumed Fed Ex kept a scan of the signature. I can't remember which service I was using but that saved me at least once.

I thought that too, but it seems once it's out of their hands they literally will not lift a finger to help, god forbid they might find themselves liable for compensation.

Tekski, with the likes of parcelpro (again I am not affiliated with the company :) just familar with its use on gen sites)...there are others.

https://www.parcelpro.com/public/whatwedo.aspx

You post with any carrier, either national post company or any of the other known big couriers i.e dhl, fedex, ups etc...and mark the item as a low valve registered as you stated above. Then the entire insurance of the item is with the third party insurer. It's not that expensive.

During the application process, it looks like it's a bit of a nightmare to sign up, but just ring them or email them and say you are a private collector/trader in watches and they will offer whatever cover you want. Worth keeping them in mind. They've come through many many times on tzuk, wus, chrono24 etc when people got sick of the behaviour of the regular carriers if something goes wrong.

I always assumed Fed Ex kept a scan of the signature. I can't remember which service I was using but that saved me at least once.

We have the name of the person who signed for it! It was an employee at the apartment. It has been reported to me that there were 9 packages delivered at one time, and while he signed for it, he thinks that Fedex did not give it to him.

What I would like to know is when did Fedex start carrying guns and forcing people to sign for packages? :g:

Again, Concepta gave me an old address, but I still think the apartment staff, once they signed for it, accepted responsibility for it. It was insured, but since it was delivered correctly, the claim is denied.

What I would like to know is when did Fedex start carrying guns and forcing people to sign for packages? :g:

That's the problem though, isn't it? The average fedex delivery guy couldn't give a toss who signs for it, as long as it's out of their hands, if the local stray dog could put his x down as a signature then they'd be quite happy with that and give it to him. When it comes back to the company then they just say they followed all standard procedures, it's everybody else's problem bar their own staff. At least with proper coverage you are at least guaranteed compensation if it doesn't end up in the actual addressees hands at the end of the day.

Interesting read. A lot of good points. But if you ask me. Tot be succesfull in the watchmaking business or any type of business for that matter is not based on how much watches you repair/make or how beautifull they are. It's the way you handle complaints. For every complaint there are 10 or more happy customers. Only problem is that one unhappy customer can cost you multiple new customers in the future or even totally ruin you. Making faults is human. It's the way you deal with those faults and how we communicate about them with the customer that counts. I have a marketing background and Its proven that almost 99% of the complaints can be turned around in to something positive, with proper communication being the greatest contributer. 1% can't be solved due to customers that are retarded and aren't open for reasoning :lol: