When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

anybody else must have an ss bracelet with your reps?

tyrantblade

I will make a few exceptions...say Pams for example.. But most of the time I have to have a ss bracelet on my watches.

I just like the way they feel and look on my wrist. I also like the all season wearability. I cant go near leather straps In the warmer weather. My sweat would destroy them within a few weeks.

As far as rubber...there are only a few rubber straps that I would actually wear. The Breitling OR is one I dont mind wearing at times.

Mike

I used to think the same as you, i only felt comfortable wearing SS, but lately, i have to admit my tastes have changed a bit.

I also think it can make a difference what quality of leather or rubber you have as well. I think better quality feels better.

I still would probably prefer SS bracelet, but it's not a deal breaker for me any more if i have to put a watch on Leather or rubber or even Nato/Zulu.

I really think it depends on the type of watch and on the specific watch itself. I have a Bell & Ross that I don't think would look right with anything but rubber. I just bought the PAM177 that looks awesome with rubber, although I am looking for a black suede strap to interchange with the rubber one on that one.

On a nice dress watch, I think leather is the only way to go. I think a bracelet will make a dress watch look too sporty. Dive watches only look good to me with a SS bracelet.

I've never seen a gold bracelet I liked. Not to say I won't someday, but up to this point I think gold bracelets are for watches that belong to rap moguls, mob bosses, pimps, and old guys who retired from the phone company after 50 years.

That is Vandal's 2 pennies..

Nice thing about Panerai, Frank Muller, Breitling, etc. is that you can change the stainless straps for leather,

rubber, or whatever compliments your wardrobe. I love the Pam stainless strap. Truly classic. Same goes

for the Muller. I guess thats why we call them shoes. They can be changed to suit your style.

Hooray for the major piece of Men's jewelry, the wrist watch. :clap2:

Personally speaking, I'm not fussed, and as above, I think the bracelet/strap combo can be used to compliment the wardrobe. I also use variations in strap material for different climates and temperatures. In summer, I prefer either NATO or silicon, winter, I'm more likely to wear SS or leather. Plastic isn't brilliant in hot weather, but it is tollerable :)

I tend to keep a couple of watches on a bracelet all the time but otherwise tend toward leather or croc (my favorite). Half the time the bracelets don't fit my wrist properly (rep or gen) other than Rolex. Rolex may be made like crap but that microadjustment is priceless. Without that level of adjustment on the deployant they are difficult to adjust if your wrist swells. Lastly I have always felt that rep bracelets don't wear or look the same as gen. So I go with fewer bracelets and always gen.

If I can't get a rep with an ss bracelet I won't buy it

ss bracelet look and feel great.....unfortunately the bracelet on replicas tend to fall apart or clasp stops working :cc_hang: