When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So, is the SA 3135 any good? Well, it has more Jewels than the Rolex version.....

Justasgood

I believe there is a new trend to make these watches more self sufficient, therefore just like your car carrying a spare tire, the movements now come with spare jewels, just in case you have a blown out jewel away from home and need a quick repair... :)

Like Panasonic, the Chinese are slightly ahead of our time.

At least it wasn't a pube like I found a while back, yeach!

Get ready to find another pube soon. ;)

Mike

There is a long thin "completion bar" at the bottom of the screen. When it is done, I accept the reading. I find that watches which are out of beat give the most problems with stabilized readings.

If you set the watch and wear it for a day or two you will see that the app was correct.

002-21.jpg

I think I solved the problem of your additional jewels today. And I hope you've kept them in a safe place.

The reversing wheels (the red ones) fall apart. Inside there should be five of those jewels working is kind of a friction brake in one direction. Without those little jewels the reversing wheels spin freely in both directions and then the watch will not be wound by the rotor anymore.

Seems the movement has a serious quality issue with the reversing wheels. All SA3135 I had in my hands so far have this problem,

The reversing wheels (the red ones) fall apart. Inside there should be five of those jewels working is kind of a friction brake in one direction. Without those little jewels the reversing wheels spin freely in both directions and then the watch will not be wound by the rotor anymore.

Seems the movement has a serious quality issue with the reversing wheels. All SA3135 I had in my hands so far have this problem,

Wow, it seems to be a bad news for this new movement...