When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1675 bezel needed

Nanuq

Well, let's put it this way..... it was me or the bear. I imagine if I follow that bugger around long enough I'll get it back.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :bangin:

Seriously, it's for a friend of mine. He's got an old GMT and it wore out enough that his bezel fell off and got lost. I tried ordering one from CWP but its inner diameter was slightly too big so it wouldn't click on securely.

Are there two NOS diameters out there? Didn't think so.

Any other leads?

Thanks I'll go have a look. JewelryandWatch has a complete set for $350 ... too high in my book. CWP has one for $69 and it won't click on right, diameter is wrong.

Any other ideas?

With someones wonderful help I ve ordered the WSO999 version, I ve gone for the full set incase the gen bezel wont fit. I wont have it for a couple of weeks but I ll let you know how it fits the gen case, its a 1972 case. So may differ if your friends is of an earlier vintage.

I went over to VRF marketplace, and their aren't any bezels for sale. one fellow has a bunch of GMT bezel inserts, but the last bezel/insert was for sale a couple of days ago, and it went pretty fast. Wouldn't hurt to put a Want to buy up over there, but frankly,From what the prices look like, it's going to be pretty expensive. Why doesn't he try to get a genuine bezel from a Rolex dealer? From what I read, the 1675 and 16750 bezels are interchangable, so they should still be available.

$300 for a gen bezel? Thats not too bad. My 1675 Franken started out with a Yuki bezel and retaining ring. Then i came across a gen bezel setup. It snaps tight onto the Yuki retainer. I really like my gen bezel and gen faded insert. its got a lot of character.

Good advice, I think the AD quoted him $300 for the gen bezel, and that's about what J&W quoted for aftermarket!

FYI, after hours of research there only appears to be one manufacturing source for Aftermarket (Gen Spec) 1675 Bezel's and Inserts. So J&W @ $300 is the SAME part from Yuki, NDT, Classic, Clark, etc. and ultimately the SAME part from Mr. Slimeball/WSO who is the cheapest.

Moving along to the insert, the big tell on the insert is the overhanging 2's in 22, and squished 6 in 16.

FYI, after hours of research there only appears to be one manufacturing source for Aftermarket (Gen Spec) 1675 Bezel's and Inserts. So J&W @ $300 is the SAME part from Yuki, NDT, Classic, Clark, etc. and ultimately the SAME part from Mr. Slimeball/WSO who is the cheapest.

Thanks for doing all that research! Next time you're in town I owe you a tall frothy ale at the Firetap. :drinks:

• 1 year later...

Moving along to the insert, the big tell on the insert is the overhanging 2's in 22, and squished 6 in 16.

So WSO is not genuine size then we have to use gen parts only? :fool:

So WSO is not genuine size then we have to use gen parts only? :fool:

I found the WSO bezel did not click onto the gen ring securely.  So I removed it and installed the WSO retaining ring, then the bezel snapped on nice and tight.  The insert is obviously not genuine, but for the guy whose watch I fixed he couldn't care less.