When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Friday Wristies

freddy333

Working on my Franken 6542: Gen case, gen dial (re-lumed by VAC), Rolex 1065 (GMT conversion parts have arrived at the watch smith)

6542Franken-1-2.jpg

Still some kinks to be worked out: need a new crown tube, correct movement screws and unfortunately the classicwatchparts hand set doesn't fit the gen movement...

Just seeing the movement run makes my day :)

6542Franken-movement-2.jpg

Working on my Franken 6542: Gen case, gen dial (re-lumed by VAC), Rolex 1065 (GMT conversion parts have arrived at the watch smith)

Still some kinks to be worked out: need a new crown tube, correct movement screws and unfortunately the classicwatchparts hand set doesn't fit the gen movement...

Just seeing the movement run makes my day

Looks outstanding, but the dial paint looks fine. Why in the world would you modify/relume a gen dial (which seriously mars its value & may cause viewers to question what should be unquestionable)? :g:

I hope the lume does not glow too much B) .

Looks outstanding, but the dial paint looks fine. Why in the world would you modify/relume a gen dial (which seriously mars its value)? :g:

Well, if the lume is crumbling off or the dial has been washed a relume w/o luminous would give the original look...

Dee

Any idea where I could find a hand set that will fit the 1065?

Will your small-arrow 24h hand fit a gen 1675 movement? I need one for this beauty... wearing it today, my tropical gilt. :wub:

post-32-0-40959700-1330120217.jpg

No, that was the Phase I 2846-powered GMT (& the 24-hour hand was constructed from 3 different hands). You may remember that the Phase I watch was based on a Silex Sub & 1 of Josh's 1675s. So I took the small arrow tip from MY's GMT hand (made to fit a Rolex 103xgmt), soldered that to the wand from Josh's 1675 & soldered those 2 pieces to the inner ring from another hand. I had a pic of the backside of the hand where you could sort of see the 2 solder joints between the 3 separate parts, but my computer crashed a couple of years ago & I lost that pic. :wounded1:

Excepting the insert (which looks gen to me), this watch is gen.

I just located 1 of the pics from my construction thread. Actually, the GMT hand consisted of 3 solder joints (4 separate parts). I forgot that I had broken the wand & had to solder that back together. The arrows indicate each of the solder joints

post-3175-0-89408500-1330122557.jpg

Looking at it now, I am amazed it came out so well. If I did not know its history, from a normal viewing distance, I would never know it is a franken-hand. B)