When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

All 16610 case/watch experts needed ASAP!

Justasgood

I've got the A serial MBW (Euromariner) with drilled lugholes, I can check it tonight. It sure looks alot like the case you have there. A later Sub dial will fit the 3035 just fine and of course, you've got the old style DW w/ the open 9 in 29.

My rep 93150 bracelet with the gen 501B ends fits my MBW case perfectly- I did drill the lugholes, of course.

Edited by alligoat

I am no expert but the crown guards look short and over polished, which doesn't really match the rest of the case. The engravings in thecaseback look sloppy as well. If it has a service dial, wouldn't it also have a newer style crown?

Not all 1999 dials had "Swiss" only. Some had Swiss Made. The crown is a 703 triplock and depending on the watchmaker, it is probably correct.

The case engravings look excellent but as already commented the caseback ones are not as good.

I also find the crown reaching too high up, at least it looks like this in the picture.

Lugholes are fine for me.

So I would vote for franken with gen case...

Dee

• Like 1

Well, I'm home and I looked at my MBW case and JAG's case is looking a lot better. The MBW has a SN of A845633, same Orig Rolex Design at 12 o'clock, but the case back gives it away- Monarch Polfy S.A., Gelena Shitinerand, Stainless Steel 16610. The other tell is the crown position- it's low on the MBW. JAG's watch has a high crown position.

Does Rolex make a replacement case for the 16800? If this case has a shallow rehaut, then I can't help but wonder if they do.

Or maybe it's like Tribal fitting a 2824-2 movement into a WM9 V2 case, maybe a 3035 will fit in a 16610 case- who knows...

I like the crown position on the case and the sharp bezel teeth, and the CG's look fine to me.

Swiss dial with drilled lug holes......? Possibly a transitional 16800...that would explain the 3035 and the open 6 and 9 DW.

Wrong clasp for the bracelet.

Can't really tell rehaut depth but the earlier 16800's have a noticably shallower rehaut than the 16610.

If this is being sold as a gen I'd approach with caution and a few questions.

And I agree...if that's a rep case (and I don't beieve it is) I'd sure like to know where it originated because that 3035 fits it as it should.

Edited by correctime

Well...I overlooked the case engravings of 16610...sorry.

The case looks gen to me..the mvt. does too. Case back...maybe aftermarket...maybe not.

But they did make the 16610 with that dial and DW, along with the holed A series case...around 1999-ish.

If you're certain about the dial, hands, bezel and all, I'd say it's quite possible you have a gen 16610 A series from 1999.

Approx. value...without papers/box...ballpark....3800.00 +

Edited by correctime