When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The 1675 gmt Thread, post em pleas ;)

Guest zeleni kukuruz

• 2 weeks later...

This one is an entirely gen 1961 PCG Corino GMT Master with tropical gilt chapter ring exclamation point dial. Both the caseback and 7206 rivet bracelet are dated second quarter of 1961 case serial is 694XXX. When I started this it was only a case and non-functioning movement. It is now completely period correct (including violet insert) with no service parts (even has the butterfly rotor intact). I'll post a more in depth descrption with more pics sometime in the future when summer winds down.

72123547-1.jpg8b3fb96d-1.jpg

• Like 2

The rail dial was not that good :(

So this is the dial im using for RA build in September for my regular gmt 1675 (no pcg this time)

ND-Trading dial :

7a2ce18f.jpg

aaedde7e.jpg

Link:

http://ndtradingcorp...products_id=348

what happened to the rail dial??? :(

nice dial from NDT..RA will be able to settle the 'orangey' lume issue for you.. :)

wow @ Sgt At Arms..

cant wait to see the specs..also if you can share the total damage for your beauty.. :)

I agree, very, very nice,

just a precision about toomuchgear's comments :

I confirm that 1675, 16750 and 1655 Explo II, all these 3 watches USE THE SAME CASE

we have a funny story here about a 1655 owner who has given his watch to the Rolex center for servicing, direct, not asking for an estimate. They gave him back a very nice serviced 1675 with a consistant bill... The guy said they made a mistake, its not his watch... The employee said "Sir, your case was engraved 1675, so we have put again your watch in conformity" lol,

• 4 weeks later...
Guest zeleni kukuruz

Look forward to the pics and update zk :)

:) soon my friend, i have a few pics already of the modified 1655 case and the pics knocked me of my chair!!! Its amazing what RA can do, i will wait for the finished watch and post everything :) im soooo looking forward to it!!!

Guest zeleni kukuruz

do not know...speechless... this thread has just killed me... tooooo many nice watches....

the MOST comprehensive thread on all foras ! as I've been looking for some time on info reg GMT 1675 and Exp II as do not know which one to start building :)

:) yea i can understand you 110%! Well the 1675 cornino isent easy to do with the pointed crown gards, nor this regular 1675 isent easy also, i know that Rolexaddict (who is building it) uses a mold from a gen 1675 to shape the crown gards on this regular 1675.

I will write a full storie about the watch very very soon.

I had 5513 built by PbDad, sold and I'm missing plexi, patina etc etc... now I am torn between Exp II 16750 and Master 1675 :)

as I understand pointed CG is for early releases and it is more expensive though. my aim is "not to be called out" regarding the gen price :)

will be very interesting to read your story :)

btw I can find on ebay gen dials from $100 to almost $1K... does it depend on the rarity or so? same with the bracelets, found for $800 :) I can asume price should be like $200-300

:) yea i can understand you 110%! Well the 1675 cornino isent easy to do with the pointed crown gards, nor this regular 1675 isent easy also, i know that Rolexaddict (who is building it) uses a mold from a gen 1675 to shape the crown gards on this regular 1675.

I will write a full storie about the watch very very soon.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

A gen dial is ice on the cake fore sure ;) but the ones i always wanted whent from 500-800 and i think that is a little to much, but you can find very nice gen dials for alot less if you are at the right place at the right time :) the price depends on condition on the dial and what year.

With my cornino i bought a yuki dial not longer made im afraid! With this new one i whent with a nd-trading dial they are the best aftermarket dials out there.

I also have two sets of great aftermaket jubilee bracelets, they feel all gen and i dont think a gen would make me feel better.

Thanks for the info !

My personal preference goes for the late models with whiter lume. Think Yuki make quite nice dials for these.

And Jubilee bracelet just make this watch LAVISH ! Looks sporty and elegant at the same time, something which can not be repeated.

Btw can you tell where have you sourced your bracelets? There many of producers but not all make good stuff, eg wholesaleoutlet bracelet is rather cheapa chepa :)

A gen dial is ice on the cake fore sure ;) but the ones i always wanted whent from 500-800 and i think that is a little to much, but you can find very nice gen dials for alot less if you are at the right place at the right time :) the price depends on condition on the dial and what year.

With my cornino i bought a yuki dial not longer made im afraid! With this new one i whent with a nd-trading dial they are the best aftermarket dials out there.

I also have two sets of great aftermaket jubilee bracelets, they feel all gen and i dont think a gen would make me feel better.