When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The 1675 gmt Thread, post em pleas ;)

Guest zeleni kukuruz

^^^Awesome

CG's cme out great!

gen dial?

I'd get a better bezel, chamfer the lug holes a pinch, and recess the insert just a little and call it a day!

Nice work!

It is Gary Clark's bezel assembly but it is not polished in the pics.  I have polished it since taking the pictures. 

I don't care to much for the chamfered lugholes.  If you look at 1675s on eBay you will notice that most of them have not been polished until the lugholes are rounded over.  Anyway...I tried it on my 5513 and I messed one hole up...chamfered too much...wish I had left it alone.  It happens.

Thanks for comments.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

@ Pre

I also have the New clark bezel assamble (two of them), it's very firm and tight i like that, but it's a little to thick. The WSO assamble is to lose and floppy but its much thiner and i like that more. I think i will get a new wso assamble also ;)

Guest zeleni kukuruz
Which bezel assembly do you guys think are best for the 1675? Is the new clarks one any good

Its like i said more firm and tight but a little to thick but correct bezel teeth! The wso one is lose and floppy (bugs the [censored] out of me) but it has the correct thicknes but wrong bezel teeth! Its more up to you, i have bothe the clarks ones on my 1675 watches.

Which bezel assembly do you guys think are best for the 1675? Is the new clarks one any good

Its like i said more firm and tight but a little to thick but correct bezel teeth! The wso one is lose and floppy (bugs the [censored] out of me) but it has the correct thicknes but wrong bezel teeth! Its more up to you, i have bothe the clarks ones on my 1675 watches.

Mine, actually, does not turn at all, but that is ok with me.  I just have it set to do 24 hr time and I leave it that way. I love the watch, spent a lot of time building it, but do not wear it much...can't take my Explorer 1016 off.

100_3436.jpg

100_3440.jpg

Oh...sorry...didn't mean to usurp your 1675 thread.

MT

Edited by preacher62

Mine is the Clark's. It makes a very precise fit on my 1655 case. The end link points on my Jubilee bracelet were a hair too high and stopped the bezel from turning, touching the bezel from underneath. Once I adjusted the end links, it works beautifully. 

Clark Watch Parts is on Ebay as Nostalgia-2000 I didn't see any listed, so you might need to email him. 

Ok after a long time gathering parts and having work done my 1675 is finally here so glad this thread is still going. Here are the specs.

- Phong mid case

- World_time_inc bezel assembly from Ebay. Expensive (i didn't pay what they were asking) and doesn't fit a gen insert. I had to shave this one and bleached it too. Not recommended

- Gen 116 tropic

- Raffles time caseback

- ETA top grade 2893-2 GMT movement with taller GMT, hour, minute and second pinnions installed.

- Gen tube and 5.3 mm crown (not sure about that crown)

- Gen dial relumed by Vac

- CWP handset with Gen 1675 GMT hand relumed by Vac

- Datewheel from early MBW

- Rep jubilee bracelet with gen endlinks and clasp

Pics:

P1130861_zpscc9676b4.jpg

P1130863_zps6f821142.jpg

P1130840_zps9171cfc9.jpg

P1130842_zps69f9b8a1.jpg

P1130864_zpsb1ae2d18.jpg

P1130871_zps24dfc495.jpg

P1130851_zps672ae200.jpg

P1130854_zps0d692dfc.jpg

P1130879_zpsd59a434e.jpg

P1130849_zps4dd9b71f.jpg

Thanks for looking

P.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

I always wanted to see that phong case of this build :) and now i have, thanks Pete for posting! Watch looks realy nice, have you done somthing to the cg´s? or came it like that?

Cheers for another great 1675 build in the thread!!! I love this topic!!!

I always wanted to see that phong case of this build :) and now i have, thanks Pete for posting! Watch looks realy nice, have you done somthing to the cg´s? or came it like that?

Cheers for another great 1675 build in the thread!!! I love this topic!!!

Thanks mate, you really started something here .... i just softened all the sharp edges on the whole case, cg's are as is. Thought about taking a little off of the inside of them but decided not to ..

Cheers

P.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

@Pete...

Yeha, you have the skilles for the modding of the cg (inside) i think you should do it! At least when you feel the time is right, i meen the watch is amazing as it, but shaving the inside of the cg would be top noch!!!

Nice job as always P!  It's a shame the Phong bezel doesn't fit a gen insert.

Thanks mate. Actually its not a Phong bezel, i'm sure his would work with a gen insert. I was trying to keep costs down so only got the Phong mid-case. Bezel came from Ebay seller World_time_inc who asks $350 for the whole assembly i offered him much lower and he accepted.

Cheers

P.

Nice job,Pete. I like the way you installed a 2893-2 in there. Maybe you could tell us a little more about it- where did the spacer ring come from? You mentioned the taller pinions and I guess the stem lined up ok with the tube and crown.

Thanks Alligoat.

Great thing with using a 2893 is that it all lines up in the case like a gen plus the datewheel overlay fits under the GMT gear so no binding like with a 2836. The spacer ring is from Rafflestime but i had to shave it down with a dremel to make it fit, best get one from Yuki it seems.

Taller pinnions are a must on all the 2893's i've used

Cheers

P.

• Like 1

@Pete...

Yeha, you have the skilles for the modding of the cg (inside) i think you should do it! At least when you feel the time is right, i meen the watch is amazing as it, but shaving the inside of the cg would be top noch!!!

Damn i knew you were gonna say that :) I think i gonna change the crown too so will do same time

Cheers

P.

I'm pretty sure that seller is him :)  Happy Holidays P!

Thanks mate. Actually its not a Phong bezel, i'm sure his would work with a gen insert. I was trying to keep costs down so only got the Phong mid-case. Bezel came from Ebay seller World_time_inc who asks $350 for the whole assembly i offered him much lower and he accepted.

Cheers

P.

Cheers

P.

Guest zeleni kukuruz
Mr D... I realy dont know how the fock i missed your Cornino Build! Love the chapter dial, you know i was thinking the same dial on my Cornino but i whent with a regular dial, first i had a gilt dial but i changed that! The Pointed cg's looks realy realy good!!! Looks like we have a new pcg expert this time in Usa :) the hole watch looks realy good D!!! And now i want to switch dials again :( most resist :D or not!

When I first came here it was in search of education and information on the vintage GMT. RolexAddict and I had talked at length and he got me into the vintage GMT when we both were on another site. That was a few years ago and the trouble then was finding a dial that didn't say "Date" after the 'Oyster Perpetual'. When I came here freddy333 was in the final stages of his first 6542. I even bought his first insert for that build from him. The rest, as they say, is history. RA went on to build the 1675, mine is done by his tutelage. 

The thing I like about my build that no one seemed to notice, and that could be due to my poor picture taking skills, is that the chapter ring dial I made for it is the 'Exclamation point' dial, circa 1960. I figured if I was going to go 'rare' go all the way!

MyCornino.jpg

Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate it!