When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HEV mod on MBK 1665

danielv2000

C'mon Highoey!

You can't just leave us hanging!

sorry guys been busy. what do you want to know?

these are not ready for prime time yet, im still inspecting it making sure gen parts fit, but i also dont have all the gen or aftermarket parts available to try on the case.

but i'll give you a few specs and a few more pics i just took:

nice high crown pos fits 703 tube or 702 already drilled out and countersunk, fits gen bars out of the box, working he valve standard equip, fits all gen parts including a rolex movement or ETA with my personally modified adaptor ring (i must try this to be certain once i get a 1665 dial), gen crystal, gen insert. and i can personally engrave a custom serial (no spelling mistakes) or pick a year and i ll supply one accurate to that year thats not rep blacklisted, no two cases have to have the same serial...have both drsd casebacks and white. engravings are far better than MBKs, and no black paint to pick out.

CGs come with a good starting point or leave them as is (crown is posed with rodico so dont judge the height based on that)

7599547966_382f7a1a9b_b.jpg

7599547358_50a44ff6aa_b.jpg

5.3M serial puts it at 1978

7599561244_56ed878d2f_z.jpg

Red caseback, based on the MBKs but way crisper engraving and no black paint GW will be available.

7599547678_3f0fd2e85b_b.jpg

also got my sample tudor dial in from the printers/manufact. not sure why they would give me a non usable dial (no feet and yes the blank is too wide, it wasnt machine cropped!)

view those here (my flick):

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7109/7599492554_002295f777_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8166/7599491478_1f340458ea_b.jpg

i dont want to hijack this thread with tudor stuff.

when some say : working HEV,

how do you test how it works ? do you dive with the watch ?

just curious :)

as usually, to say "it works" the case has to be saturated with helium, then the little plug becomes protuberant, it expulses the helium from the case, when you come back at the water surface, you press on the valve to replace it flush with the case side

It works like that on your modds ?

diving experts ? what do you think ?

On most rep watches, the valve is nothing more than an engraving or etching on the (out)side of the case. A working He valve consists of a hole through the side of the case into which a functional valve is placed (read this for additional details). Whether the valve meets Rolex specs is another story altogether.

Anyone actually performing deep or saturation diving should not put their life into the hands of a franken watch.

• Like 1