When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The end is near!

gran

Actually it was Beijing. It was recently in the NYTimes and Wall Street Journal. Something about a mini coup in local government.

OK ;)

I found this.

That is on topic, good find

Posted Today, 08:24 AM

Toro is saying on RG that the only factories affected are the ones making cheap reps that none of us would buy anyway. Sounds like the dealers all have different views on what's going on so I guess the rest of us have no chance of getting a clear understanding of the situation.

http://www.arrse.co....ki/Cyril_Clunge

I just heard from Andrew . He said the raids and arrests have been massive, and like nothing he has ever seen before. There is no doubt now.

Sounds like someone forgot a bribe. I recently read a story on the scope of counterfeiting in China. There are towns where all the factories are underground. I never realized how massive the industry is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

We will have to see what it means. Sounds like the big factories are making sure the little guys are put out of business. Here comes the price increase. :( Bear in mind most of our dealers are smarter than that. They don't even live in China. This business isn't going anywhere. Employs too many people. And if it isn't China say hello to Vietnam best. :)

Still the same info coming out of the forums, no real evidence that further levels up the scale (such as noob factory itself) have been shut, noobs 2nd tier factory was apparently caught up in the mess, which would mean delays from noob supplies but not completely taken offline. Who knows still all a bit of speculation with some tds saying it's nothing, others saying its massive. Shouldn't all this be resolved with a quick cash bribe to the local authorities and off we go again?

Raids happen everytime. Some raids make news, other times not. Usually, the raids may occur because a Gen Brand wants the local government to come down hard and close these factories. Well, when one factory closes - 2 more opens. How long have reps been around - and not just watches - bags, clothes, phones, shoes, etc.?

China, a quick geography lesson - is one huge mother f'n country. There are lots - one more time time - LOTS of factories. Cant close them all down. However, guess what - the raids made the press which in turn will scare the crap out of some to not buy reps. Others, who have seen this before, will wait for how ever long this blows over to start buying reps again.