When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My TC 16610 Franken so far.....

watcher

Thought I would snap a few pics of my FrankenTC/Watcher 16610!

Started with a V serial case set and V2 bracelet and began by removing the rehaut engraving which is a doddle as it is not deep at all!

Then added a gen 703 Crown and Tube combo followed by a gen bezel assembly including mint conition bezel with brand new insert and crystal retaining ring. I fitted a Cousins click spring and bezel retaining washer.

As you may see in the pictures that this has a Londongeorge supplied Gen 295 crystal with factory AR which is amazing! I used a Cousins 29.5 x 2.7mm gasket for perfect magnification.

The movement is a brand new 2824-2 fitted with a date wheel overlay used in the latest 1:1 SD16600. It has good fonts and a lovely crisp white background(unlike TC's overlay which is a greyish off white that does not sparkle at you!)

A gen dial has been fitted and at the moment I'm waiting for another hand set from TC as the hour got damaged when I was clumsy! so it has the 1:1 superlumed SD hand which always has a slight green cast to it all the time which bothers me!

Bracelet is the TC V2 with softened edges and is pretty good to be honest. I will wait to see if he does a better V3 shaped end link before sourcing a gen 93250 bracelet.

So there you have it, a pretty sweet loooking Sub if I say so myself!! Enjoy the pics which were taken on my Iphone so I hope they are ok. Cheers W.

001-20.jpg

007-12.jpg

008-11.jpg

005-15.jpg

004-16.jpg

003-20.jpg

The hand is actually better than the TC hand and matches the dial for lume with Tc's slightly less but only slightly. Only problem is that the green tint never goes in full daylight so it does not match the crisp white uncharged lume of the dial and TC hand. Thanks fo rthe compliments guys, I really enjoy my frankens but never keep them for long!!!!!

This is an original crystal with no s.

I'm happy with a 2824 inside and It is running well within cosc standards. Crown height is perfect inside tc's movement holder.

Funny, I thought the crown was a little high (I'm talking fractions of a millimeter) on the TC sub I built. Still perfectly operational but I thought it might leave some room for a 2892 as well...

I have a good source for gen crystals but this one with the AR is awesome, care to share your source via PM or can I buy one through you?

Thanks!

Brendan

All Rolex sport model crystals have the laser etched crown that I know of particularly the last 20 years anyway.

Nope.

The laser etched crown was introduced in 2000, starting in updated models like the 114270 and 14060M, others got them later like the 16600 and 16610 in 2003.

Dee