When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why Bergies wont see the year out. Buyers now becoming rediculous

KB

This is the story of 2 buyers but in truth many are now expecting far too much from replica sellers, they have totally lost sight of the fact that these are copies of the genuine articles and honestly think they should be able to buy genuine quality for a fraction of the price.

The first buyer I will name (member abasf) as he has since tried to lodge a PP dispute which you will see is tantamount to scamming.

His story;

He put in a very low dollar order whilst my regular sales rep was away, the replacement girl shipped the order but when it was received the customer was not happy with the quality.

I asked him for photo's, which he took and presented to me and then both I and my regular girl agreed that they were not what we normally ship.

No questions asked we reshipped the order.

However when he received this second shipment he claimed they were still not up to the standard he expected, again he showed us pic's but this time neither Cathy nor I could see an issue, they were in fact the same goods that we have sold countless times and received nothing but praise.

I told him the factory would not accept the goods back because they were quite simply not faulty but still he complained.

My profit on the order was something like $18 so I was already way behind after the reship and as the factory had already refused to accept fault a refund was going to come out of my pocket, still as it was low dollar I decided to eat it and told him to return all the goods and I will give him his money back, I told him he can forget replica goods as his expectations were to high.

His reply "You refund my money and then I'll return the goods", I actually asked him if that was supposed to be a joke.

And today he tried a PP claim

Oh and the amount in question $120

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next buyer I wont name, he knows who he is and if he feels I have presented this in any way wrong I will be happy to hear his version via PM but what I am about to tell you is all in our PM thread for him to read.

His story;

He contacts me politely and tells me he hears I am the go to person for high quality replica goods.

Fair enough I have many reviews stating just that.

After a bit of discussion back and forth he decides to go ahead with the purchase of an LV Micheal backpack, but not before I showed him the following pic....

57824567.jpg

Please pay very close attention to how those straps hang on the bag.

I should also point out that I had previously told him to check the LV genuine site before buying.

Anyway he approved the bag in the above pic and it was posted, when he received it he claimed it was not identical to the genuine and that I was in fault for not selling him a 1:1 bag.

Now I have a long history of telling customers that Super rep, super Mirror and 1:1 are simply sales gimicks and I never, NEVER, use those terms with my goods.

This is the pic (bottom) he sent me of the bag he received, he claims i was to send him the bag in the top pic....

disputea.jpg

Just to be clear here it is obvious our bag does not have the strap set up of the gen, it's a claim I never made, I can also tell you that without spending time looking at the gen item I wouldn't know.

Here is a better view of the gen....

louisvuittonmichaeldami.jpg

so that's it he claims the strap set up on our bag is different from the gen, and it is, but he has made that claim after receiving the bag he approved, which of course means the factory will not accept fault because they sent what was requested and now he expects a refund.

Where are people getting this idea that replica dealers run a 'Try before you buy' business?

I have offered the possibility of swapping the bag for another, but he wants a refund.

I am not going to start paying money out of my pocket because some people are too lazy to check what they want before they pay for it.

Ken

I hear ya mate, these noobs are getting worse and worse, with trades between members also, so I can only imagine what you poor dealers have to deal with day in day out! They are a serious threat to the hobby, its not worth putting up with peoples [censored] for such margins.

Last time I checked Ken you sold Replica goods not Genuine if these guys are confused just ask them to send the additional funds required and you can then send them the Genuine article :fool:

I personally don't see much difference with the above but hey what do I know eh :inverted:

If you want Genuine then buy Genuine don't buy Rep.....not hard now is it!

I fail to see the difference in these bags. Am I to infer that the shoulder straps of the Gen LV backpack hover in mid-air, while on the rep bag they obey the laws of gravity?

Surely this is just a photographer's staging of the bag for attractive photography?

When you see a photo of a suit of clothes in an advertisement, and the clothes are staged to appear to be on an "invisible body" for aesthetic reasons, do you expect the clothing you receive to arrive on an invisible person?

FC2CAD40ABE4BA1C46893922A6580.jpgbody_male_1.jpg

• Like 1

@ KB the top pic you sent him shows a pad strip with and the pic with his foot in the frame shows a wide strap from top to bottom in it.

and if i was him i would ask for more and better pics you can not see the top of the bag or the full back of the bag. LZ

I hear ya mate, these noobs are getting worse and worse, with trades between members also, so I can only imagine what you poor dealers have to deal with day in day out! They are a serious threat to the hobby, its not worth putting up with peoples [censored] for such margins.

I'm at the point I'd almost rather give away a rep than try to sell it to the noobs on the forums these days.

Seems like everyone thinks they're buying at Sears or Walmart.

Here we have two textbook examples of the join date elitism and extreme group think that make this forum suck. All noobs are bad. Don't sell to noobs. Noobs are all the same. Noobs ruin the hobby. Blah, blah, blah. Feel free to take that broad brush you paint with and shove it up your ass.

Edited by It'sAboutTime

You are buying reps, so you don't want to expect too much.

I also got replica products from Ken that has quality lower than my expectations, but I paid one third or less compare to the genuine one. So Fair enough.

About the scarf, I like the first one that Ken delivered to you.

Personally, I don't want to buy replica shirt, there is lot of good shirt out there and really affordable. Buying expensive clothes really show that you want to show off that you have status and money.

Correct me if I'm wrong :)

William

I guess you have the decide whether the paypal risk is worth while in increased sales.

@ItsAboutTime.. no one is saying every newer member is causing problem, I presume you are here for here right reasons and understand what you're getting yourself into, but this is becoming a real issue for many dealers, and it is threatening the hobby as we know it. Ultimately it will force up prices for us all as it's the only way the dealers can insure themselves against the losses.

I'm at the point I'd almost rather give away a rep than try to sell it to the noobs on the forums these days.

Seems like everyone thinks they're buying at Sears or Walmart.

People new to the replica market expect to get genuine quality for replica prices. I see so many complaints on the board regarding quality, shipping, communications, and etc. I am not sure what these buyers expect, they aren't dealing with high end manufacturers. They are purchasing a replica item from a factory somewhere in China, with a middle man whose first language most likely isn't English. I can understand hoping to get a great deal without to many issues, or immediate tells. but people seem to forget these are replicas. If they want a 1:1 item, either buy a genuine article or build it yourself from parts. Their expectations are way to high, and when they don't receive that perfect replica they are ready to open disputes, or blast the dealers. This ruins it for everyone.

• Like 1

Ken and other sellers,

I am curious if you have a vetting process for your buyers. It seems to me that sooner or later, if this sort of thing keeps happening, it is inevitable.

Either that, or a a detailed "TERMS" that the buyer must agree to. (It might raise the awareness, and make them think twice).

Although there seems to be a lot of bad apples these days, I hope we don't let them spoil the bunch.

Bottom line here. If the buyers didnt like the dealers solutions. I think there is a sticky on what to do next.

I used the search button before I posted and this is all I found . I know its not really helpful but a good read anyway

Edited by HartDoc

Guest abasf

You are buying reps, so you don't want to expect too much.

I also got replica products from Ken that has quality lower than my expectations, but I paid one third or less compare to the genuine one. So Fair enough.

About the scarf, I like the first one that Ken delivered to you.

Personally, I don't want to buy replica shirt, there is lot of good shirt out there and really affordable. Buying expensive clothes really show that you want to show off that you have status and money.

Correct me if I'm wrong :)

William

Pictures are different than actually feeling the material, and i agree im buying a rep and obviously it wont be 100% exact... but when you post pics of a product and then what you ship is no where near that, that's a definition of scam

now as for your idea of expensive clothes being a show off of status and money, what about all those rep watches... you think we buy them because of there asian craftsmanship?

Pictures are different than actually feeling the material, and i agree im buying a rep and obviously it wont be 100% exact... but when you post pics of a product and then what you ship is no where near that, that's a definition of scam

now as for your idea of expensive clothes being a show off of status and money, what about all those rep watches... you think we buy them because of there asian craftsmanship?

Don't you think that given Bergies history here, it's a little outrageous to claim scam? Sorry but that is just a little bit ridiculous. Send them back, and you will get a refund. It's appalling that you expect KB to refund your money prior to getting the goods back. Not even Amazon will refund your money until AFTER they receive the goods.

Oh, and filing a paypal dispute.... classy buddy.... real classy.

And what happens when you receive the refund, but just think "screw it, I'll just keep the stuff and say it got lost in the post..." I don't care how long peoplle have been posting, if they're a newcomer or a veteran, but I consider Ken to be one of the most honorable people I have ever dealt with, as a personal friend who sadly, I'll likely never have the pleasure of meeting in person, and it angers me beyond belief to see people behaving like this on transactions...

The problem with replica clothes and accessiores is, that most of the guys have no idea how the garment industry works.

Therefore, they expect something that isn't realistic.

I always laugh when I see people with their fake LV bags, purses and belts.

It's like putting a Ferrari sticker on a Fiat Cinquecento.

Burberry scarves for $40 from China :rofl:

Even Stevie can tell those are fakes.

If you really think that those designer prices only come from a 800% mark-up, then it makes perfect sense that you are dissappointed.

95% of the garment fakes from China are garbage, even if KB sells them.

What's up with rep goods anyway?

I see the same kind of issues on other boards too. I don't see near as many problems with watches as opposed to rep bags and clothing. Sure, a new guy buys a cheaper PO and it falls apart and he's unhappy, but overall mostly I see happy watch buyers.

Maybe it's a different mindset. I love watches and horology. I have loved them since I was a little kid. I don't love fashion. I like fashion sometimes, but overall it's not important. I get a huge kick out of a tiny precision machine strapped to my wrist. I think about the engineering and the machining that went into it. I think about the assembly and the designers that came up with it. It's all just amazing and fun to me. I also buy, wear and mod watches I can afford pretty much. Not in every case, but overall I can afford a gen Rolex, in fact I have own several and still own a couple.

I don't know anyone that buys designer handbags, but the motive and interest in those things has got to come from a different place than most watch enthusiasts.

Sorry your having troubles. And the idiots that file PayPal disputes.. your idiots!

I bought an LV messenger from Ken about four years ago now, and have always been more than happy with the quality. Okay, yes, one of the strap's metal adjustment sliders snapped while I was carrying the equivelent of 3 telephone directories worth of advertising fliers, about a week after I got it, but let's be honest, that was way more weight than most bags could reasonably carry without some kind of structural failure :pardon: So what did I do? Did I piss and moan like a bitch to Ken about it? Did I run crying to Paypal that I'd been scammed by someone? No! I tied a knot in the strap and continued using the bag every single day, never once having to resecure the knot... The only reason I don't use the bag for daily use anymore, is because it doesn't have enough space to carry a survival kit and groceries. Not because I don't like it, not because it fell apart, not because it's 'cheaply made' so not 'upto the job', but because my needs in a bag changed, requiring more capacity, and no other reason. If I was going to restock my wardrobe, or get new baggage, Ken would be my first port of call :good::drinks: