When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken Datejust Midsize Completed

w.genzo

Everything began when my girlfriend went with me to a Rolex AD.

While I was looking at the new Sub, at an old GMT and other stuff, I saw her staring at the datejust corner.

I said: "why don't you try it on?"

She has a very small wrist, around 4 3/4 inches and actually the lady size was perfect.

But she likes girls wearing a man's watch, and on such a small wrist, the only solution was a Boy size.

The look is exactly the same of a woman with a normal wrist wearing a men's Datejust, very sexy :wub:

She loved it so much that I decided to start a new project for her (good excuse :)), looking around, but wow, midsize parts are very difficult to source! And to assembly as well..

Thanks to Stilty who did the tricky work and some good deals on VRF I found the exact same dial, case and bracelet she liked.

I just mounted the dial, hands and bracelet and finally, after months, here it is.

And the most important thing, she is really happy with it. And I am happy too.

Specs:

Gen dial

Gen case and bezel

Gen datewheel

Gen Crystal

Gen crown

Gen jubilee bracelet

Omega ETA 2000-1 movement

Clark hands

Stilty's pics:

datediscpv7.jpg

incasely6.jpg

This is the GEN (my budget was around 1/3)

dsc09571ia.jpg

And mine (hers :))

100_0754.jpg

100_0749.jpg

100_0766.jpg

Wrist shots!

100_0764.jpg

100_0780.jpg

photo2.jpg

Thanks guys.

I would have gone with the ladies version too, much easier to source the parts and to build, but she prefers this one.. you know how it works :)

Another issue was the bracelet, the removable links were not enought and I had to remove two permanent links from it. The first watchmaker said it is impossible to do, the second asked me 70$, then I brought the gen bracelet (only the bracelet) to my Rolex AD and they did it for free!

Congrats, nice built!

I would love to make my wife wearing a Rolex...

I bought her last month a lady Datejust with a rare diamond dial in a "like new" condition for really cheap money. Saphire was broken, hands were damaged, but no marks on dial, bezel or case. I replaced the parts and give her the watch to wear it. She tried the watch on and said:"Naah, it's too much bling bling. Someone could cut off my arm on the street. Better you sell it! I still love my Tag Heuer..."

And so I did...:(

post-3491-13361591846.jpg

Well, unfortunately a midsize is not a standard so I cannot say how much you would spend, because parts are rarer than men's size dj and prices can be fair or crazy.

I was going to buy this dial for 350$ because I really wanted it, and then by chance I found the same exact dial for 180$ brand new and with hands too.

For a men's size I can say that you can spend around 1000$ for a watch like this. And that was my budget too. With a rep bracelet you could cut costs a lot.

Anyway fair price would be:

Case crystal and bezel 250$

eta movement, $150,

dial, $150,

hands $10,

crown $50,

date wheel $50.

Bracelet $350

Well, unfortunately a midsize is not a standard so I cannot say how much you would spend, because parts are rarer than men's size dj and prices can be fair or crazy.

I was going to buy this dial for 350$ because I really wanted it, and then by chance I found the same exact dial for 180$ brand new and with hands too.

For a men's size I can say that you can spend around 1000$ for a watch like this. And that was my budget too. With a rep bracelet you could cut costs a lot.

Anyway fair price would be:

Case crystal and bezel 250$

eta movement, $150,

dial, $150,

hands $10,

crown $50,

date wheel $50.

Bracelet $350

very nice, didnt know omega movement was so cheap. btw, does she know u built it on ur own :clap2: