When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first watchmaking/movement success.

woof*

All of my watches keep pretty good time except one, my Tudor 94010 build. This watch runs slow...like 5-7 minutes a day slow.

In the past I have pulled movements out, done some mods on case and dial...and had a 50/50 chance of not killing the keyless on reassembly.

I have never bothered with even trying to regulate a watch, worried I would kill the movement doing it.

The other day I packed up some watches to ship to Jmb, one is a fresh build..my 5512 I've been collecting parts all year for, and the other two are for repair and upgrades.

They happen to be my favorite daily wearers... that left me with this Tudor, a watch I really love and get many compliments...but is frustrating have to reset every four or five hours.

Most of the watches I own have swiss eta's, but this Tudor has the DG2813 el cheapo. I figured I would try and adjust the timing and if I broke it...Ofrei's replacement DG2813 was just 21.50$ and a mouse click away.

So I opened her up... stared at all those tiny gears, jewels, and springs... and noticed there were no +/- markings for adjustments. I realized I better do some research. :)

Going through RWG and the other two forums doing searches, I found there was a great amount of material to read....where others had gone before. I learned there were two adjustment tabs, I also learned to not touch one of them, thank God I read that! lol I tend to be a "just plow right in" kinda guy, and in the past that's how I have broken, bent and killed watch parts. Anyway after studying pictures and having the Tudor opened under magnification, it was easy to see what to do. By trial and error I spent the rest of the day making incremental movements of the tab and finally felt I was good to go. The watch is keeping time and was dead on this morning instead of being 5-6 minutes slow and having to reset.....Yea! :clap2:

I realize how simple this procedure this, and realize there is lot's more to doing this right with setting beat error etc.. and using diagnostic tools and graph's.....but just the fact it worked for what my needs are..and I did it on my own and learned a little more...is a good feeling! I wrote this today to inspire anyone else that fears the mighty movement to research and give it a try. Also to give thanks to everyone on the forum that write tutorials and share their knowledge. RWG is such a great resource for us! Thanks RWG!

a283bafa.jpg

Good one, woof! The other lever is for adjusting the beat-error and usually only has to be messed with after a service providing nobody's jacked with it...

Yes, R, you need mucho more practice. You need to take all of your watches apart and put them back together several times... :whistling:

Yes!

So I can send my broken watches and parts to you! lol :partytime:

• 6 months later...

Hey thats sound's pretty amazing. I've been wanting to tinker around with my watches thats not on my rotation anymore.... Can anyone lead me to a good post about the basics of tinkering? Thanks!

There are loads on here s  :)