When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Customs Snatched My Stuff!

mkuhl2000

I have a total of 16 watches between 2 different suppliers coming to me and one sent DHL from China and the other sent TNT from China. The TNT shipment usually comes to me here in Texas through Los Angeles and is doing so again without incident it seems, (I'll know tomorrow morning for sure). However the DHL shipment made a trip to the UK and customs there snagged the whole package of 9 watches and it's now it the tracking black hole. :angry: I'm still puzzled as to why it went the other way through Europe in the first place. Good news is that they are being resent to me at no charge. Now I hope it makes it here!

That's harsh... I wonder if there would be any way for us to compile the best shipping methods for different regions (ie if you live in the midwest and getting stuff from China ship via XXXX which tends to come in through LA, avoid XXX which tends to go through Fort Worth etc).

It might save our dealers some cost in reships and save us time in waiting for reships...

Glad either way for now most of our dealers are ok with reshipping customs seized goods.

Ouch! That has got to hurt. Great that they are replaced, but still yet it must be a shock to have it happen. I hope not to experience the feeling.

That's harsh... I wonder if there would be any way for us to compile the best shipping methods for different regions (ie if you live in the midwest and getting stuff from China ship via XXXX which tends to come in through LA, avoid XXX which tends to go through Fort Worth etc).

... and discussing how to smuggle on a public forum is such a good idea. :D

It might save our dealers some cost in reships and save us time in waiting for reships...

Glad either way for now most of our dealers are ok with reshipping customs seized goods.

I propose Carrier Pigeon

Bottom line is the dealer is replacing your toys....

All Hail RWG for that :thumbsupsmileyanim:

As for the amount of watches,...live & learn,..

and if married...I hope you have a separate checking acount,

or in this case, savings account.. :o

Plus a good place to hide your booty...

I suggest the garage in the tool cabinet.... :D

I personally think you were given the wrong tracking number!

Let us know! :)

-MM

It was the correct tracking number, at least on the Chinese DHL site. It shows the destination as

Texarkana, TX. But if you put the same tracking # in the US DHL site, it comes up as delivered

in July of 2005. So it seems the tracking #'s aren't universal/global.

The first package sent from a different factory arrived today with 7 watches with boxes. (All Rolex boxes even

though one watch was an Omega!) and it was taped to hell and back with an invoice/packing slip on the front

that said TOY SAMPLES. The second package was resent Sunday (monday there) via EMS. Not DHL this time.

Mike

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

A Carrier Pigeon from China armed with a PAM187 could be a scary sight, in these days with the Bird Flu. :lol:

Clinical tests in Canada and the U.S. have shown that pigeons' immunitary defense system is so strong as to be invulnerable to Bird Flu..... Ducks, Geese, Chicken and even dogs and cats can get it, but not pigeons.

They are tough birds.

145581-15733.jpg

It would be in our best interest not to discuss methods of trafficking of our illegal contraband on public forums. Reputable dealers know the best way to distribute merchandise. If you must speak, please talk in generalities, not specifics. No need to endanger our sport.

:whistling: