When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Completaly reworked GMT II

Cats

After seeing the Explorer II which Stephan bought from Bobby ( Omega ) lately i decided to shoot Bobby a PM if

he could rework my BKLM GMT II transformer.

I asked Bobby if he could do the crown guards and try to get them as close to gen as possible

which is a hell of a job because there isn't enough material on BKLM case

Re-brush the case and bracelet and i also asked him if he could make this one a fixed bezel version instead of the

transformer bezel which pups off when you hit against a surface.

Bobby replied to me that he didn't have a lot of time at the moment but he was willing to it never the less.

After a few weeks i got this beauty back home which is glued to the wrist since that moment.

Let the pictures speak for them self and it will show you the true craftsmanship of Bobby

openingpictures.jpg

Perfectly polished case and the normal bezel atteched

sideprofile1.jpg

Superb crownguard job considering the lack of material on this case

GMTII090612XII.jpg

The best crown position you can get with a BKLM case

sideprofile2.jpg

SweetyI-1.jpg

GMTII090612X.jpg

sunbath.jpg

And the wristies

GMTIIwristy080612II.jpg

wristy050612resizedI.jpg

GMTIIwristy080612.jpg

This beauty came back as a totaly different watch which will be glued to the wrist for the next coming weeks.

Thanks for looking.

Cats

1. You forget to mention the inlay, it's clipped in now - not glued.

2. The bezel turns now in both directions, with same rough feeling like the gen.

3 . Bevels are shaped on lugs.

BTW, I own a 16700 GMT and the case and CG work is done side by side close as possible. Only some parts has to be changed (I told you that in my E-Mail, Bert) and you have a hell of a watch. ;)

No it doesn't transform anymore . I noticed that i had the pepsi insert on it almost al the time. And the transformer is a nice idea but it comes of too easy and the bezel is way too thin.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No it doesn't transform anymore . I noticed that i had the pepsi insert on it almost al the time. And the transformer is a nice idea but it comes of too easy and the bezel is way too thin.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pepsi on all the time as well. I keep meaning to buy a spare Coke insert as I don't like the all-black insert.