When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ingod44 1680 dial ETA

klocklind1

Do anyone here know if the dials with a date from ingod44 has dial-pins for the 1570/1520 movement or if it for the eta movemnts?

And will the datewindow on ingod date-dial be correctly placed over the date if I use an etamovement for it ( or to much to the left or right!) ?

Figured. In that case, I'll send my Josh 1680 dial to PbDad for bright white lume. I like my watches to glow.

Me too, I love the superlumed watches. I just can't find anyone with those skills that can do it reasonably fast.

The actual color/shade of off white my Ingod 1665 dial came in is incredible. If my watch would look exactly the same but glow like a torch, I'd be willing to wait probably. :)

Lumeing is tough, hands are just slightly easier. Here's a 1680 I just lumed, you can see its a little uneven but pulls it off. Next to it is a NDT dial. The NDT was way to nice to lume and it does glow just a little With perfectly round dots :) so it just got the hand treatment. And yes with the NDT dial the feet come off, then secure with a couple stacks of dial dots, window centers perfectly

post-11567-0-92166900-1340220638_thumb.j

post-11567-0-20547300-1340220702_thumb.j

Why do you guys fuss so much over the accuracy of your dial only to add bright, glowing lume, which is a dead give-away of fakery on a 40+ year old vintage Rolex? ;)

Very few vintage Rolex (tritium) dials have any glow left in them & those rare pieces that do, glow very faintly for just seconds.

actually working on my own set of dials i hope to be able to offer you modders soon ;) feet for eta and gen, clip the ones you dont need. NO MORE gluing or taping, no more sliding, no more troublesome date alignments because of the dials!

sample from my contact in asia. these are marked "beyeler geneve" in pattern (or blank) on the back NOT singer, price point probably $30 more than YUKIs offering, much better quality.

i have creative control to a degree, so if you guys see any changes that could improve this dial, please share

post-10838-0-02749500-1340229309_thumb.j

actually working on my own set of dials i hope to be able to offer you modders soon ;) feet for eta and gen, clip the ones you dont need. NO MORE gluing or taping, no more sliding, no more troublesome date alignments because of the dials!

sample from my contact in asia. these are marked "beyeler geneve" in pattern (or blank) on the back NOT singer, price point probably $30 more than YUKIs offering, much better quality.

i have creative control to a degree, so if you guys see any changes that could improve this dial, please share

Please let us know. I would love a nice simple white

1680 with eta feet and correct date window. E

these are my dials :) 5512/3/7 and 1665 to follow

i can maybe even get superlume from the factory

In light of this new exciting development, I have a few suggestions to make that will make a lot of us happy and that will make you a lot of money. Sounds cheesy I know, but hear me out.

1) Have them made looking new and superlumed by default. Yes, this means white indices. Why?

-I suspect people like that "fresh & clean" look, even for a vintage (this includes me, of course)

-It's much easier to remove the lume if you don't like it, than having a dial relumed. And even then, it's hard for modders.

-It's also much easier to vintagize a dial if you like patina than the other way around

2) Have most of them made with ETA feet. (I assure you most of us do not go with gen movements when building a franken)

3) Include matching superlumed hands with them. This makes life a lot easier.

Even if this translates to a hike in prices, I feel most members, myself included, would be more than willing to pay this premium if the dials had the features outlined above. Thanks for your time!

Also, it would be awesome if you had a 5512 "SUBMARINER-first" dial made. Like the one on Steeve McQueen's watch. No one else makes it except for NDT, and even then it's quite pricey.

patience ;)

got some more interesting stuff in the works, beyond dials even ;)

In light of this new exciting development, I have a few suggestions to make that will make a lot of us happy and that will make you a lot of money. Sounds cheesy I know, but hear me out.

1) Have them made looking new and superlumed by default. Yes, this means white indices. Why?

-I suspect people like that "fresh & clean" look, even for a vintage (this includes me, of course)

-It's much easier to remove the lume if you don't like it, than having a dial relumed. And even then, it's hard for modders.

-It's also much easier to vintagize a dial if you like patina than the other way around

2) Have most of them made with ETA feet. (I assure you most of us do not go with gen movements when building a franken)

3) Include matching superlumed hands with them. This makes life a lot easier.

Even if this translates to a hike in prices, I feel most members, myself included, would be more than willing to pay this premium if the dials had the features outlined above. Thanks for your time!

i will have to see about this superlume because if its anything but superlume i dont want it, what you ask and pay for is sometimes too different "but same" when dealing with factories. if it is superlume it might cost a fair bit more, as it already does.

feet for eta is an absolute, even better im negotiating having 4 feet on the back, for gen and eta, bend off the ones you dont want

doubt i ll be making some hands but you never know, the TC ones seem adequate enough already.

post-10838-0-69394400-1340309334_thumb.j