When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC Sub No engraving

bpolo

Ive already posted about my new TC V4 with no engraving...Its my first rep, and having once owned a Gen 16610, it is extremely close....The accuracy of the eta movement in this watch is ridiculous!! Ive only gained 1 second in the 3 days since I set it! If it wasnt for this Id probably sell the watch, but Im in love with its COSC accuracy so far..The only reason Id sell it is I ordered the non engraved rehaut version, and didnt realize the engravings between the Lugs were sanded off as well... I wear my subs with a NATO strap alot, and the space between Lugs is very visible, and its Obvious that there is no engraving, which screams FAKE, otherwise this watch with a GEN insert is incredible!.....I guess I can just always wear it with the bracelet...Question: is there anyway to re-engrave the case, or is it a done deal? And , although Im almost certain the answer is no, did Rolex ever make a 16610 case without engraving between the lugs?

Thanks again

I think the engraving is standard on all 16610's.

The other option is to buy another case from TC with engraving, remove the rehaut engraving yourself then swap your era and bezel etc into it. Perhaps you could then sell the non engraved mid case to recoup costs? I know it sounds like a pain but the construction and de construction of the sub is simple. It's like a Lego set!

• Like 1

You could send it to Phong at JewelleryAndWatch. He will engrave it for you and do a perfect job. I never saw any Rolex without engraving between the lugs.

Thank you! Forgive my questions as Im a noob.. Phong is a trustworthy service provider? It may sound stupid, to be protective of a Rep watch, but this watch is amazing me with its movement's accuracy...+ 1 second in over 3 days since I set it.. Id hate to disturb that....Ive never had even Gen COSC watches this accurate! Do you have his contact info?

Thanks Again!

Regards

B

Edited by bpolo

100% Trustworthy, and he is even crazier about replicas than we are :)

His email is info at jewelryandwatch.com

2824's are amazing workhorses. Rolex use them in their Tudor range! I just bought a skeleton one. Not sure what I will build with it yet :)

Everybody here was a noob here once ;)

Phong is a good way but he charges 300$ for revengraving the lugs.

Tc removes the engraving because a V serial # without the rehaut engravind does not exist and would scream fake as well.

I understand why he does it, but its not as though Im going to try to sell the watch as a GEN....How many people are actually going to notice whether or not the Serial # begins with V 0r F or J, Z etc....No serial number at all, is allot more noticeable IMO......

he charges $300 just for an engraving?

I just spoke with phong. He charges $300 to remove the old engraving, and replace it with new engraving.

Being that my case is blank, he's charging $200 for the engraving. It seems he's the only game in town, and apparently has a great reputation, so I'll give it a shot..

Bpolo, Couldn't you just buy a 2nd Tc case with engravings for $200 and swap your parts in. Then keep the no engraving case for a special project our just sell it off?

I agree, IMHO the easiest way would be to buy a new case from TC and swap them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

yeah some of us dont care about trivial stuff like that. or probably ever remove the bracelet for that matter.

I wear subs with nato straps from time to time, and its pretty obvious that engraving has been sanded off.. If I only used the bracelet, I wouldn't care.. Hell, I'm wearing it with a black/gold two tone insert that doesn't come with a 16610, so I'm not that anal. I would get aanother tc case, but then id have to sand the rehaut, and assemble the.watch, which is more work than I care to do..I wouldn't even know how.

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone. Just got my 16610LV from TC with sanded rehaut and also noticed no lug engraving. Bummer since we are paying more for the accuracy over the noobs. TC is great though and I didn't even think to ask. Just an idea and may sound crazy but how about http://www.harborfreight.com/micro-engraver-98227.html? By hand? Me, I'm not that good. Maybe use a laser printer, get the right size font, etc, tape and trace thought the paper with the engraver? It would be tough to get it right.

Hello everyone. Just got my 16610LV from TC with sanded rehaut and also noticed no lug engraving. Bummer since we are paying more for the accuracy over the noobs. TC is great though and I didn't even think to ask. Just an idea and may sound crazy but how about http://www.harborfreight.com/micro-engraver-98227.html? By hand? Me, I'm not that good. Maybe use a laser printer, get the right size font, etc, tape and trace thought the paper with the engraver? It would be tough to get it right.

You'll have a very difficult time with that Brother.

I'd do a shit-load of practicing on dummy cases because I took it to the TC.

I dunno why he bothers removing it tbh, I know he is doing it for the sake of complete accuracy, but tbh it rules out wearing it on anything but the bracelet to keep that accuracy. It would be less work just to leave it on.

Best bet...let TC remove the rehaut engraving and then maybe just sorta  "rub off" the V and maybe half of the first serial number.... :g:

"I just spoke with phong. He charges $300 to remove the old engraving, and replace it with new engraving."
"Being that my case is blank, he's charging $200 for the engraving. It seems he's the only game in town, and apparently has a great reputation, so I'll give it a shot.."

What the world needs is a $10 case number overlay.   :pimp:          

Just checked TC's site and as of 1/9/13, he now offers the case in 4 separate parts http://blog.tc-sub.com/2012/05/220-tc-submariner-watch-case-set-v.html#!/2012/05/220-tc-submariner-watch-case-set-v.html. Looks like do to demand for the non-engrave rehaut, He now only offers the sanded Mid Case for $150. I e-mailed him to see if I could still get one with the engravings in tact.  

PS, your questions come during the middle of the day,you act surprised you didn't get an answer yet. Your lucky I had to take a dump at work and saw this!

LOL

But I  actually asked it yesterday. I just figured with so many people on this board whit so much knowledge they would have responded within the first 24 hours.

Just an observation not an attack.

So Just so I'm clear no rehaut engravings = F serial number for sure, and maybe D as well?

(to those of you taking a dump I appreciate the answer in advance...all others, what took you so long? ) ;)