When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Pelagos

sardonix

Looks like a Seiko/invicta/Sandoz.

Give me vintage all day over these abominations.

I know, this is a rape. They are sourcing form the past... But you know what? My bet is that this raped [censored] will be the next vintage in 20 years.

Other than that the bracelet is nice, titanium stuff and looks like a modern retro. The same reason why I bought a Tudor Heritage :-)

Looks like a Seiko/invicta/Sandoz.

Give me vintage all day over these abominations.

I like it. To my eyes it's nowhere the mess the new Rolex's with their supercase-ceramic-oversize-compete-with omega watches they have been cranking out. I don't like the deep sea either. Massive watch with puny band.

These new Tudors at least are balanced looking. :)

I like the Pelagos a lot. Much more than the Black Bay, in fact.

But when I consider the list price of CAD 3950, I think about all the vintage watches I might buy for the same amount!

I'm holding out for a blue version...

buddy black bay or red bay? =D

And there is a blue version coming out?

buddy black bay or red bay? =D

And there is a blue version coming out?

A few sites were calling it the Tudor Black Ray when it was first announced, so I'm no tgoing to add to that confusion!

What I meant was that I would like to see a Pelagos with blue dial and bezel. It seems like a logical next step.

It's definitely on my list, but may have to go with a used one in a year or two. I love the design, but really hard to spend $4k USD on something with just a 2824 inside. I can get those movements brand new sealed for <$200. Can't tell me the rest of that watch is worth the rest.

I like it, but... The redesign is unnecessary... The Black Bay is a unique watch in its own right, sure it is a fusion of other watches, but it is still a unique combination, the Pelagos is no more than a homage watch with an over-engineered clasp :bangin: The Pelagos is a bit like seeing your sister in a bathing suit, thinking "Nice ass...", and then remembering it's your sister :bangin::lol:

Gonna be hard to get that dial right

Matte varnish should handle it easily enough :good:

I like it, but... The redesign is unnecessary... The Black Bay is a unique watch in its own right, sure it is a fusion of other watches, but it is still a unique combination, the Pelagos is no more than a homage watch with an over-engineered clasp :bangin:

Strange, but I find that it's the BB that is more accurately described as a homage watch to Tudor Subs of the 50s and 60s. I think the Pelagos has far more new features (the aforementioned clasp, the titanium construction, ceramic/luminescent bezel, HEV), and makes a better case of being viewed as an all-new design.

Strange, but I find that it's the BB that is more accurately described as a homage watch to Tudor Subs of the 50s and 60s. I think the Pelagos has far more new features (the aforementioned clasp, the titanium construction, ceramic/luminescent bezel, HEV), and makes a better case of being viewed as an all-new design.

I do see your point, M, I just feel, as mentioned above, that there're too many similarities to other watches, like Seiko etc, for it to really stand on its own as a new design, and too many innovations for it to be considered a 're-issue', like the Heritage was for the 7032. It's not that I don't like it, it just doesn't quite sit right for me, hense my other comment :lol:

Oh, I get it. You just hate Seikos! :p

:lol: I think more than anything, it's the consumerist aspect of the watch which I also object to. There was nothing wrong with the Snowflake, or the 7032, or the 16610, yet Tudex Co feel the need to keep releasing new versions just to get more revinue (I know, I know, that's the point of business :lol: ) But it's a bit like Gilette competing against themselves with each new razor released, which at the end of the day, is still just a razor and probably just as good as the original, and I think with the Pelagos, had they felt the need to re-issue the Snowflake, they could've kept the designs a little more 'in house', as with the Black Bay, which is just a shuffle of existing design elements, but still an attractive watch in its own right :good::drinks:

I don't quite agree with you regarding the Pelagos, but I'll give you props for a funny analogy.

:lol:

It's not that I don't like it, more a case of I feel like I shouldn't :lol::good::drinks: