When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

cc33

Is Phong still trust worthy he doesn't sell on the bay any longer and if memory serves I may be wrong but didn't quite a few have troubles getting products from him? Just a question because he has few things I would buy if i knew for sure!!??

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Phong still trust worthy he doesn't sell on the bay any longer and if memory serves I may be wrong but didn't quite a few have troubles getting products from him? Just a question because he has few things I would buy if i knew for sure!!??

You may be confusing Phong with DW, who still owes me parts and money. I've only dealt with Phong once, and it was a great experience. Other than the initial cost, that is.

Regarding the PN dials, some of those shown on NDTrading look very good--better than either Phong's or InGod's, in my opinion. Unfortunately, I think they're out of stock.

Even though that watch looks really great, there is one thing that bugs me about it.

Maybe something you should contact Phong about.

I noticed that your running seconds subdial at 9 is significantly closer to the minute track than the minute counter at 3.

Which, one a V72 shouldn't be the case.

Is your minute counter subdial smaller?

If you compare it to a gen dial, you'll see what I mean.

6265PaulNewman.jpg

6265PaulNewman_2.jpg

I hope you are ok with me pointing it out.

For $1-2k I'd find it acceptable, but at $6k I would at least talk to Phong about a replacement dial.

Except for that - KILLER WATCH!

Regards

Akira

Good eye, Akira. If you connect all the dial landmark points with MSPaint, it does appear that the spacing of the subdials is even, but the minute register is smaller. I think that's why the whole dial looks slightly left-shifted.

Absolutely beautiful watch, no doubt, but at that price it should be perfect.

Great eye! I probably wouldn't have noticed it in a million years from a photo, but in the flesh, it will definitely be noticable. As one said, at 1-2K, maybe a pass, but for 6k, it should be perfect. It really is a stunning watch, and fixing that little problem, will make it better than best!.

Hey guys, thanks for all the nice comments. Akira you are absolutely right its a flaw on the dial. I have emailed phong about it so we shall see if and what exactly he will do about it. I think it might just be a problem with that dial, lucky me, because all the others seem to be perfect in that regard. Thank you, I really appreciate the scrutiny, like everyone said its 6k for *#@* sake! I'm sure he will send me a better dial if he wants my business again. I'll let everyone know how it turns out

I'm glad he's working with you to replace it. Knowing that, I feel better commenting on a couple other things:

The "H" in COSMOGRAPH is too close to the "P".

The coronet is a fraction too high on the dial. Just like DW's were.

The text beneath the coronet appears to be slightly offset to the left, not quite centered.

Have him send QC photos of a handful of dials and post them here... we'll pick out the best for you.

Hey guys, thanks for all the nice comments. Akira you are absolutely right its a flaw on the dial. I have emailed phong about it so we shall see if and what exactly he will do about it. I think it might just be a problem with that dial, lucky me, because all the others seem to be perfect in that regard. Thank you, I really appreciate the scrutiny, like everyone said its 6k for *#@* sake! I'm sure he will send me a better dial if he wants my business again. I'll let everyone know how it turns out

Well, I hadn't checked out that thread before, but I find that flaw to be visible in your QC pics as well.

I hope Phong accepts an exchange, because print quality-wise it's stella.

And you are right, his 3 CROC PN doesn't have the problem - as already shown above

It's a gorgeous piece. I actually don't mind the dial so much because the printing is so well done, which is usually not the case. But Phong should be able to provide an improved version, so go with it for sure. FYI, sometimes it can take a bit of back and forth with Phong to get it right, so be patient.

Thanks chieftang, I managed to get it all figured out with him today. He will send me what he claims is a better dial with correct spacing and better or lighter off white color ( still think this one is too yellow). If anyone has a project and wants the dial that's on my watch right now please let me know. I will drop it in the mail free of charge, since I'm getting a free replacement... I went to see a local watchsmith today and he told me that the job other than the dial color, was amazing. He said he never heard of or saw a non gen v727 with a breguet coil. Don't know exactly what that means but I guess phong went the extra mile. He also said that on any replica he's ever seen of an old Daytona, the engraving had wrong E's... Once again I'm clueless as to what he meant but something about the lines on the letter E being the exact proper proportions on mine. Apparently that's a big tell for him normally for the authenticity of the case. Anyways I can go on butin essence he was very very impressed. I'm glad phong hooked me up right and is sending me the new dial overnight delivery for free so he's a good man!

Thanks chieftang, I managed to get it all figured out with him today. He will send me what he claims is a better dial with correct spacing and better or lighter off white color ( still think this one is too yellow). If anyone has a project and wants the dial that's on my watch right now please let me know. I will drop it in the mail free of charge, since I'm getting a free replacement... I went to see a local watchsmith today and he told me that the job other than the dial color, was amazing. He said he never heard of or saw a non gen v727 with a breguet coil. Don't know exactly what that means but I guess phong went the extra mile. He also said that on any replica he's ever seen of an old Daytona, the engraving had wrong E's... Once again I'm clueless as to what he meant but something about the lines on the letter E being the exact proper proportions on mine. Apparently that's a big tell for him normally for the authenticity of the case. Anyways I can go on butin essence he was very very impressed. I'm glad phong hooked me up right and is sending me the new dial overnight delivery for free so he's a good man!

I'd take the dial.

PM sent.

Edited by Akira