When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Shock & Awe: JLC's Navy Seals diver automatic is deployed!

importr

Shock & Awe: Jaeger LeCoultre’s Master Compressor Navy SEALs automatic diver watch. Quite possibly one of the finest replica watches made….to date!

DSC_0328.jpg

It’s not often that I’m bowled over by a reps attention to detail and quality of finishing. Having owned and handled many gens, I am spoiled by precision Swiss engineering, limits and fits. Some replica watches really impress me, and in the past I’ve been compelled to create a review to enthuse about it. This is one of those watches, and this is the time for me to enthuse! Let me pass my regards to Joshua and the Perfect Clones team who supplied me with this watch. As usual, their service and efficiency was first class. Many thanks. :)

OK, so this rep has been out for a couple of months now, and this probably isn’t the first review. All the details about the gen are available on the internet, of course. There is a superb review of the gen here:

hxxp://www.thedivewatchconnection.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16251

Now, people will inevitably complain about this watch being utilitarian and boring, others will pick out tiny, tiny flaws which in my opinion are irrelevant. No one is anal enough to even care, in the real world. This is just my celebration of yet another superbly executed rep. :) Ooo-ra.

This reps dimensions are:

Case diameter: 42.18mm incl. crown: 48.05mm

Case height: 13.07mm

Distance between lug ends: 49.49mm Strap width: 22mm

Let’s start with the dial side. Very high contrast and legible, isn’t it? This is exactly what JLC & the SEALs wanted, and this has been carried through to the rep. It is said to use colourless AR, inside only. I’ve never seen this combination on a rep before, but it does remind me of Seiko anti reflective sapphire… which is also colourless, inside only.

DSC_0305.jpg

When I look at gen pics and look at this rep I really struggle to see any significant differences on the dial. I’m sure someone will, but damn, it’s close! The lume is strong, not too far from superlume. Blue on the dial and green on the bezel. The gen reviewer says his is all blue, and the prototype possibly with the green one? Anyway, lume application is really neat. All printing is clean and crisp. Date window has nice depth to it, like the gen. Some have commented on colour differences with the grey, although this could be due to lighting, camera, photo editing etc. I don’t see anything glaringly obvious.

DSC_0306.jpg

IMAG0517.jpg

It has been said that the rep has a few sharp edges here & there. I would agree – they exist on the coin edge bezel and on the JL marked clasp centre. Not a big deal, easily rectified if needed. Apparently the sharp bezel edge exists on the gen too.

DSC_0307.jpg

Case lugs have the polished edges which accurately mimic the gen. A nice & welcome touch to an otherwise very sombre watch.

DSC_0308.jpg

On the picture below you will see how the ceramic bezel insert protrudes from the steel slightly. As per the gen. I presume that this offers some protection from jarring to the bezel edge and more importantly, the crystal. The crown on the gen is DLC treated steel. This appears to be the same. It doesn’t feel like plastic? Look at the case brushing and crease line after the lug. Nice hey?

DSC_0309.jpg

DSC_0310.jpg

The Compressor device rotates nice & smooth, under friction. The crown pulls out as normal.

DSC_0322.jpg

On to the bracelet. It is a combination of soft touch anti dust rubber, hard resin inside and a steel or titanium frame. The 2 connecting link screws are accommodated by the threaded steel frame. Very easy to resize and very comfortable to wear. Has the flexibility of a bracelet but the weight and comfort of soft leather. The definition on every link is amazing. A rubber strap (band) is definitely not needed for this rep. Perhaps some will try to obtain the gen leather, which will be interesting to see.

DSC_0311.jpg

Butterfly type clasp has 2 pairs of buttons to release it. The level of detail and fitment of this clasp assembly is one of the watches major highlights. So intricate, yet so precise!

DSC_0313.jpg

DSC_0314.jpg

Each side of the bracelet can further expand by 4mm (8mm in total). The full link length between pivots is 10mm.

DSC_0316.jpg

DSC_0317.jpg

DSC_0318.jpg

The movement. An asian 2824 clone automatic. No gold JLC rotor here! I took the opportunity to regulate this better whilst the back was off. Lovely.

DSC_0304.jpg

The case back. Contentious issue for some, not for me! I think it’s great. The engraving/etching is so clear and defined. The SEALs crest could be a gnats whisker shallower than gen, but I don’t like deep engravings. They feel abrasive. The flat caseback sits very comfortably on the wrist.

DSC_0312.jpg

DSC_0321.jpg

DSC_0319.jpg

So there you have it. I’ve showed you in pictures what this watch is all about. Forget the miniscule nuances. You know the genuine watch and its development. Now you know the rep. Considering the amount of engineering that has gone into this watch, I’d say that it was worth the outlay. It doesn’t really look expensive, but neither does the gen. It does feel like a high quality watch and that’s what matters. I’d rather pay $380ish for this than $6-7k for the gen. So what are you waiting for? Get it bought!!

IMAG0525.jpg

• Like 4

Nice review thanks for taking the time,

When you say the crown pulls out as normal are you saying that the device has not action on the crown, it does not lock it or it opperates as per the gen

The 'device', or compression key, does not lock the crown. What is does is compress an o-ring into the case and around the stem making a water tight seal... Much like a Pam when you lock the crown down, as it also compresses an o-ring. The crown can still be operated when compressed, but it will feel more difficult to move, so don't play around with it unless you uncompress the key or you could damage the o-ring.

Hi,nice review and happy for you...not the same for me ! I've received mine and,I can't turn the crown from red arrows to white,so is impossible to lock the crown.I've sent several message to Pure Time and,they 've asked me pictures,a video etc. etc. afther quite a month they've told me : could you please take it check with the help of your local watch switch .Ok I know this from the beginnig but,I've paid for a working watch and now I've to pay also to repair it !!! Not so happy...

Fantastic review. Thanks!

I crashed a GTG in Singapore just to see the rep up close. Thankfully, a couple of guys had bought one. The styling is more austere than I'd like, but the quality of replication was very good based on my brief experiences with the gen at the JLC AD.

Have to agree with al of the positive comments on the post, I've now worn mine as my daily beater for a few weeks and no complaints at all. I was initially a bit worried re-the waterproof abilities of the 4 screw held case back but its been down to 3 metres in Lake Como and didn't let water in so appears to be perfectly fine for swimming in etc. Crown function performs very smoothly and locks neatly into place. Only slight irritant on my particular watch is that the bezel spring could do with being a bit tighter, if you brush against anything then it rotates quite freely.

Highly recommended rep though!