When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hi From London

Dopey

Welcome Dopey!

Here in Las Vegas I talk to UK people every day, and they are all class acts, a pleasure to meet. You Brits

are something else. Hey you gave us the Stones and the Beatles. We wont mention Herman's Hermit's, but

no one is perfect. Have a blast!

@ hambone - Hermans Hermits music was arranged by John Paul Jones, he also played on a few tracks. What did he do next? Went and joined a band called...... Led Zeppelin. So yes, we gave the world The Beatles and The Stones but we trumped them both with Zep ;-)

@ Dopey, from one Londoner to another - welcome. This is a great place, enjoy.

@ hambone - Hermans Hermits music was arranged by John Paul Jones, he also played on a few tracks. What did he do next? Went and joined a band called...... Led Zeppelin. So yes, we gave the world The Beatles and The Stones but we trumped them both with Zep ;-)

@ Dopey, from one Londoner to another - welcome. This is a great place, enjoy.

I was aware of the John Paul Jones connection going on to be Led Zep's founding members, and the LZ was the most awesome rock band ever, My dear friend Steven's Uncle was Mickie Most who co managed LZ .He was also the manager for the Animals. A great bit of rock history is that in 1962 while Mickie was at the wheel driving with Mick Jagger back from a gig late at night, Jagger asked Mickie if he thought the Stones would hit the big time. At that moment a truck was coming from the other way and the headlights illuminated Jaggers spotty, pimply face. Mickie said "Not a chance" Many years later Jagger reminded Mickie of

this anecdote, and they had a good laugh. Hermans Hermits were a bit different, and I meant no disrespect.

Welcome mate...

Nice to see some more guys from the motherland ;)

On the right side only another week to go.... :)

What am I saying.... then its the next lot..