When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariners On Test

Guest TTK

A number of members have asked if I really test the watches I send out......the answer is yes I do.....here's a quick snap of some Subs being tested prior to a final check.....!

If you look carefully at the ones on the tester....you'll see that the topmost one is hacked to exactly 12.00...and each subsequent one is set to 5 mins after the previous,..that's because I can't hack them all to 12 and start the timing cycle en masse....I have to wait 5 mins to synchronise each watch....once they're running in sync...I start the cyclo-tester.

As a final note...to all members who placed an order up to the 7th November....all your watches have been sent.

All others after 7th November...yours are amongst these and will be despatched shortly.

PS....sorry about the slightly blurry photo....difficult to do an overhead shot....!

148171-15296.jpg

Edited by TTK

Interesting... nice DVD collection... do they not have black market DVDs in Thailand or do they just come with convincing boxes? I still have a few shoeboxes full of the slip covers that my suitcase o' DVDs from China came in (promply moved to binders but I just coudln't throw away the carboard A Box inserts... some were hilarious to read).

Glad to hear the orders have gone out... look foward to recieving mine.

Guest aclaimsman
Look.......I've told you before.........everyone can overcome shyness!

Here's TTK's "missing" feet:

148260-15286.jpg

JTB

Man those are some big ugly feet. no wonder Neil wants to hide them. :bleh:

Ahhh....no I skilfully used P/shop to remove said feet......not a pretty sight....:D

Well then how do we know you didn't just take photos of sub from all over the internet along with some pics of dvd boxes and photoshop that whole thing up to convince us that you really test the watches... :g::rolleyes:

Edited by Devedander

Can someone explain what hacking is all about? I hear that term used a lot but I have no idea what it means! :wounded1:

Hacking means that the crown is pulled out to stop the hands from moving..i.e "hacking the seconds hand", so that time can be perfectly syncronized.

Some genuine movements, like the calibre 861 and 321 in the Omega Speedmaster moonwatch cannot be hacked. The seconds hand run even if the crown is pulled all the way out. :)