When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any experience with Paypal dispute?

brianmds

Brian you miss the whole point.

A little reading through our, or indeed any of the replica forums, would have been enough for you to not even start this thread.

Yes there are times when even the most senior member will advise to go the PP route but rarely in the past 10 years has that been to address a problem with an onboard dealer.

Ken

Why even post the thread if things are going smoothly.

You'll get this reply over and over again for being too antsy.

PayPal disputes ruin everyone's access to PayPal so don't even consider a dispute unless admin have assisted and cannot come to a resolution.

Don't be so touchy and stop being a whiner...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by civic4982

Brian

Do realize or hopefully learn from this post that paypal has nothing to do with buyer protection when forum members are buying from the trusted dealers ; as stated above it is simply the easiest way to pay

If you don't agree with that than the dealer would prefer not take your order to begin with

I really hope you realize by the tone of the posts in this thread that even the mention of paypal dispute will get the forums very upset

As I previously stated pretend you paid WU and come to a resolution with the dealer

If you can't both agree take it to a forum moderator and if still trouble post it to the forum and out the dealer

That is how we get problems resolved not with paypal disputes

Guys I was only looking for advice just incase things didn't go the way it should be handled. I emailed the dealer like a respectable person would. He offered a solution based on my first email to him. But never gave me any instructions or shipping information. So I am simply waiting. He gets 1 week. But knowing the dealers on this forum that shouldn't be a problem. Yes im out 320 bucks but i Didnt spend my life savings on it. Settle down People.

lets cut OP some slack, he's probably new and unsure what to do.

and yes, communication with the dealer should be good enough to resolve this. :)

+1 Guys :inverted: I think it's hard when your first ordering to even know why your getting an invoice for a strap when you ordered a watch, never mind if there is a fault with the watch when it comes! I'm sure Brian knows by now from the responses he's had that PP dispute is the last step to resolve this, and has already stated he has been in touch with the dealer to sort it out.......I've just had the same thing happen to me so I know how you feel Brian, and after a few emails back and forth its sorted with a replacement on its way to me now ;) take care and I'm sure it will work out for you.

Guys I was only looking for advice just incase things didn't go the way it should be handled. I emailed the dealer like a respectable person would. He offered a solution based on my first email to him. But never gave me any instructions or shipping information. So I am simply waiting. He gets 1 week. But knowing the dealers on this forum that shouldn't be a problem. Yes im out 320 bucks but i Didnt spend my life savings on it. Settle down People.

If that mean that he has one week before you start a pp dispute then read quickly as in one week you will not be able to read this.

@ Brian...this women Is on the RWG payroll. If you file a pp dispute we will have no other choice but to send her to your house. Choose wisely grasshopper. :chinese:

You guys can make jokes out of paypal disputes, trade disputes, heated debates, missing dogs, and abominable mother in laws. Except the last one is rarely a joke. :notworthy:

You've asked for advise and you were given it. Please take it. Nothing personal and I could be wrong, but my observation is that you don't seem to be getting what everyone is telling you. Be patient and work with the dealers and moderators to resolve your issues.

I know post-sales communication in this hobby sucks ass. Vendors seem more interested in getting your money (shocking I know) But you have to be patient. I am also frustrated by the slow communication after I pay for my item/service but it is what it is. In any other legal business you are in the right concerning your expectations, but this is an entirely different animal. You have to adjust your expectations and rely on other more experienced members on how to resolve issues such as this.

Why is everyone so quick to assume. It's 1 week to reply. Who expects this to be resolved in 1 week when it takes 10 days just get delivery. Everyone said to be patient and wait. So that's what I'm doing. If he doesn't reply which I doubt won't happen. Then I'll try to get it solved through the forum. And if that doesn't work. Then it's PayPal. But again. Likely that won't happen.

It's a bet.

You win or you lose.

If I was to order a replica watch from a foreign country, I would give it a 50/50 chance of...

Arriving at all and being in good condition if it did.

You could figure it another way...arriving at all 25% and being in good condition 25% but this is making two bets out of one.

Anytime the watch arrived in good condition, I would figure I won the bet and would Be Happy. :prop:

If the watch did not arrive at all after a 'reasonable' time (a question within itself) or arrived broken, I would see if the 'dealer' would help before I did anything at all.

If the 'dealer' would not help, I would ask if a forum member might take a look at the watch.

If I paid by paypal, I would absorb the loss every time no matter what and never complain to pp...it is part of the bet. :pimp:

Guest Gotohavearolexnow

I know this may sound stupid , but it an automatic right ? Have you wound it up ? You will be surprised how many people think they don't have to wind them !

Whenever I see a subject involving PP disputes, I guess that the number of posts written by the complaintant

are under 10. Same with this one.

Bottom line here is,

Never file a PP dispute against a trusted seller.

Having read this thread through... I just got to say ..." I dont know what to say!"

Just dumbfounded completely dumbfounded !

Having read this thread through... I just got to say ..." I dont know what to say!"

Just dumbfounded completely dumbfounded !

Lol. Yeah, it's Deja vu. New person ask for advice on how to resolve an issue. 100% of the members say do not initiate PP dispute. What does new person do? Digs in and files PP dispute anyways. I know he hasn't yet, but I am betting he will.

It's like watching the same movie over and over again.

Edited by PaneraiFan315