When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problems with member Texski! Please read!

concepta

Guest zeleni kukuruz
Since you're a Rolex dude, how much would the assembled watch go for? I don't see how much profit he could make from this to repay others. He would also have to pay a watchsmith to put it together. I don't think he does the work himself though I could be wrong.

Nooooooot much profit if any btw!!! A project like this you dont build to sell, well not so many have +5K to throw on a rep!

Since you're a Rolex dude, how much would the assembled watch go for?

Less than the parts. You always lose money on projects like this. Even if he got the parts cheap, he can sell the parts at a profit more easily than he can sell the completed watch. Even when the watch is worth it, it's hard to sell a $5-6k rep.

I dunno, I do realise things don't look good, but maybe he should be cut a bit of slack, he is human after all and trying to do his best. The offer to attempt to refund at all shows he has his heart in the right place. Many would've just focked off and left the disaster trail behind them, but he he has still maintained a presence on the forums and has obviously sorted out some outstanding debts. Not everybody is gonna be satisfied with the way it is going but seriously, does anyone believe he should (or even can) front up $20K+ to sort everyone out instantly? This could take years to resolve, if ever. It's a difficult situation and feel sorry for anyone left hanging, I'm completely impartial in all of this, I just hope that people get a resolution they can be satisfied with eventually, but in the meantime life goes on, maybe displaying parts for a new build isn't the best way of making good, texski did vanish off the face of the earth so the anger should probably be directed moreso at him.

Less than the parts. You always lose money on projects like this. Even if he got the parts cheap, he can sell the parts at a profit more easily than he can sell the completed watch. Even when the watch is worth it, it's hard to sell a $5-6k rep.

Those parts wont sel that quick nowadays and if so there is no guarentee they will sell all. Someone will show up and take it!

Less than the parts. You always lose money on projects like this. Even if he got the parts cheap, he can sell the parts at a profit more easily than he can sell the completed watch. Even when the watch is worth it, it's hard to sell a $5-6k rep. Those parts wont sel that quick nowadays and if so there is no guarentee they will sell all. Someone will show up and take it!
There's is also no guarantee that someone will spend 5-6k for a rep, no matter how franken it is Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I don't have skin in this game but both folks that came to me have now been repaid. Not that I want an onslaught of requests for help but I am curious as to how many people are still out money or goods.
That's good news. I'm glad you revealed that so things are now a bit more transparent.

I only just saw this thread and knowing of N from this forum and others over the last couple of years, I was a little taken a back by some of the issues raised so I thought I would take some time to research the issues raised here and on RG etc ... What I found was a guy who had trusted someone else whom he had known for some time and built up a relationship with and had then been completey shafted.... not just on the part of the guys he was doing work for but also for himself and not just hundreds or even a few thousand dollars.... but well over 10k

So what does this guy do? Does he run or shaft those guys like he was shafted.... like I guess most guys would and I include myself in that comment as I am not sure I could have stood up and held my hands up to my peers here...

No he doesnt.....what he does is... He sells his collection of fantastic frankens and modded watches and as he raises the funds he pays back those that have lost thier money... of course not all at once... I mean this is one guy and there are a few guys who have been shafted by proxy..so he spreads those payments across all those involved and as his collection is sold..then in the mean time he carries on doing work for others (those that know who this guy really is and who trust him) and he uses the funds raised to again cover those payments... he then still takes part in the forum posting those projects he is doing on behalf of others and still helping out with general info and specific details relating to this hobby..

To be honest when I first read this thread and some of the comments ..I thought that this must be the forum version of ' the gathering of villagers with pitchforks and torches'

Personally I dont see the evidence here for some of the comments made and with a little research I found most to be unfounded and unwarranted....

I can only say that I applaud the efforts of N through no fault of his own to rectify this situation and make things right....

I am sure if any one effected by this situation took the time to consider what N is going through and what he is having to deal with in terms of not only the personal financial cost but also the stress of dealing with some very upset and relentless messages on a daily basis.... and the fact that he is slowly but surely resolving matters...they might reconsider what they expect in the time they expect it...

I hope that makes sense guys :)

• Like 1

And another thing I forgot to mention is that N is also repaying guys that got shafted directly by Texski..... because he recommended him....

They asked who could do the sort of work they were after and he suggested Tex as well as a few others ...some of them got burned and he is paying them back too...

Now I am sure most of you will admit that if you said to another member to try a particular modder or dealer etc and that guy got scammed you wouldnt consider it your responsibility to reimburse that guy yourself...?

@Ingenieur..... you might not have realised mate but you recieved that final payment of 250 Euros the same day and within a few hours of Concepta selling his UberFranken Skyland.  

.......rather than because of any ridiculous comments made by others  !

Edited by PeteM

i don't know much about any of this - but i gotta be in with PeteM on this much: If I trust someone (with reasonably good cause) and recommend them and THEY do wrong, I'd feel bad  but it'd be a big step to step up and make right things that I didn't directly screw up esp. for a good bit of scratch. If N is or has done so - very good on him. If it's big money, you gotta give someone time and the benefit of the doubt for even trying. Hope all but the scammer have a great 2013.

This whole Texski thing is just tragic. I had rather tight contacts with "Mike" and we chatted about a lot of things. Also bought and received a few gen parts from him. I sure did recommend him to others. Do not know N in any deeper way, but the things I've seen him do (refunds etc, also before Tex vanished - eg last new year) have really given me a good impression. Guess it all goes back to the basic choice of choosing to trust until proven guilty or constantly disbelieving intentions. As an endless and naive optimist, I think it's a shame that he's so often lynched here (I assume due to issues before my days) - but then again, I'm a blue eyed guy who's been ripped off more often then I can count... Hope for all guys soon having their cash back and an overflow of cheap oem parts in the world :)

And another thing I forgot to mention is that N is also repaying guys that got shafted directly by Texski..... because he recommended him....

They asked who could do the sort of work they were after and he suggested Tex as well as a few others ...some of them got burned and he is paying them back too...

Now I am sure most of you will admit that if you said to another member to try a particular modder or dealer etc and that guy got scammed you wouldnt consider it your responsibility to reimburse that guy yourself...?

@Ingenieur..... you might not have realised mate but you recieved that final payment of 250 Euros the same day and within a few hours of Concepta selling his UberFranken Skyland.  

.......rather than because of any ridiculous comments made by others  !

This is complete BS

He took deposits and outsourced the work. He blew the money for the deposits and had to sell personal items to cover it. These people still lost the parts. 

What he has to sell or do to cover the irresponsible behavior of spend deposits before the projects are complete is not the communities problem. He did not pay texski up from for that work. 

He posted those sales acting like a hero and it was downright disgusting. 

This is someone would has profited on sales well over 50k over the years. Do not argue that he was not making a fair profit on all these watches. 

I am glad I made "ridiculous" comments. Had I not these people would have not gotten refund. 

Don't insult what ingenieur lost and went through to get this money back. He is a good guy and was more than patient. 

I can assure anyone here that what I have written can be substantiated simply by checking other threads and comments made by all those effected with this issue so to simply say its BS is wrong and I stand by my comments...

However if you can substantiate your rebuttle then please do so..it is easy to reply with a statement like that..but from your other comments you have not substantiated any of it or that any of what I have said is incorrect.

Indeed your further comments seem to imply you havent even taken the time to read what I have written much less taken the time to consider it... given your reply does not relate to my comments..

Your comments regarding deposits etc are once again incorrect ..from it I can only assume you have never dealt with N or indeed have any knowledge of how this type of work on these forums work.. I appreciate thats not your fault but perhaps you might take the time to find out before you make such unfounded and illogical statements..you seem to resort to personal attack and ridiculous statements..that are nothing short of inflammatory for the sake of it.... and your input underlines my comment regarding the villagers with pitchforks and torches... and for reasons that are beyond me you seem to have taken this whole situation personally and have invested an emotional haze to your views...

But I ask if it is as you say incorrect then please set out your points in respect of my comments...  I will happily take back all I have said if you can do so :)

As for the deposits...you state that the deposits were spent..... yes they were ...but to suggest it was spent by N for his own personal use or enjoyment is wrong and again underlines your lack of knowledge of dealing directly with N or in any similar undertaking in this hobby...

The deposits were used to pay for the parts,donor watches and for making upfront payments to Tex .... so indeed N is out or has been scammed for more than the extent of the monies lost by members... to suggest N has profittted over the years and in its implication suggested it has been of a high order is again incorrect.... you fail to mention the overheads and time associated with such undertakings as well as the low margins that such work can attract especially when dealing with another .... you could well argue that Tex would have made more by way of profit given his overheads were less committed as N was undertaking the 'dirtier' aspect of customer service etc

However this work in this hobby does not start because of the profit that can be made or becaue of the easiness of doing it...it starts with a guy getting contacts and finding sources for his own projects who then starts to get requests from others for help and this slowly grows into a 'business' in the loosest sense of the word.... in this game the margins only just about cover the time and effort made by the individual..talk to any member on here who does similar work will only tell you how hard it is dealing with guys on here and thier expectations and how the whole thing grew from a simple love of the hobby and in this case IWCs etc...

The idea that when N was shafted by Tex that he could just miraclously cough up all the monies owed is both niave and completely foolish... comparably speaking any business in the real world would have entered into administration to avoid all those debts.... thats because they are a business and they play the game that entais... however N didnt do that... he took money from his own pocket and by selling his own watches...which you appear to belittle..without any thought to the situation as a whole; or to ensuring that everyone one owed was paid as and when money became available... rather than pay one guy at a time ..N paid across the guys owed so none were paid back before others...so again if any thought is given to this situation then any reasonable person would see by looking at the whole picture that N has acted with honour and accepted his responsibilities openly and as quickly as he could.

Once again from simply checking other threads and posts/comments by those effected you can see that all those involved have now received their monies back....

I can only say that from what I have read and taking the time to check; that N has acted in a manner that can only be applauded and respected ..and certainly is by me.. he has proved himself to be a stand up member and honest...

I am also not sure where you see that I have insulted Ingenieur..... it only underlines again your lack of understanding about what I have written and makes no sense at all.

I also stand by my statement that those comments were ridiculous.... on the basis that they were unfounded and unsubstantiated and were designed only to personally attack another member who was from simple research clearly trying to do the right thing by others....

N actions after he discovered that he had been shafted are admirable and say an awful lot about him not only as a member here and elsewhere but also as a person and his character....

in the same way comments made here and on RG say a lot about those individuals both as members and as people.... I am sure others reading this will make thier own judgements about those people and the worth of thier comments and thier real motives....

Edited by PeteM

It's not personal. You are a fine long standing member here. My comments are not directed at you personally in any way. 

You disputed what I said and I disputed what you said. 

I have said enough over the years about this guy who again and again displays unprofessional flakey behavior.

If he did not have those addictive gen IWC parts he would have been banned years ago for communication and other issues. The mods know this. 

You know my opinions on this. I know for a fact from Mike that Nik was not prepaying for the work. A while ago he even mentioned how he was having trouble getting paid from him even after the fact. 

I am not justifying Mike by saying that. He did everyone wrong. He is not a good guy for doing that. 

Even if he did prepay he was only paying for the casework and mods of that not all the parts which were his. 

He blew the deposit money and even if your theory that he prepaid Tex was correct it was still not the majority of the funding. That went toward the parts themselves. 

If you bought a watch from me and I pulled even a fraction of the nonsense Nik has pulled over the years you would be just as harsh. 

I have many friends and myself who have had terrible experiences with the guy. The mods of various forums know he is trouble but they don't want to scare the guy off with thousands of $$ of peoples watches and money. 

That's all i will say here. I just wanted to help some people get refunded. I am happy they ended well.  

With Nik it always takes more than a polite email.

You have to shove.