When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Back from Spinmaster

cc33

Yes I'm fully aware, I stumbled onto an article a while back that was talking about a special Daytona that was being auctioned off at Christie's. The Daytona in question was an ss 6265 with a gold dial and hands that came directly from the original owner. They assumed that he had it specially made back when he bought it.

I fell in love with it and decided to make my own. Here is a few pics of the one auctioned off.

post-38788-0-23811400-1349296800_thumb.j

post-38788-0-61684800-1349296815_thumb.j

post-38788-0-70415100-1349296829_thumb.j

The owner must have had it done for him by an indy watchmaker. There was a lengthy discussion of that watch on a gen site & it was pretty clearly a franken since no one was able to cite a Rolex reference illustrating a gold Daytona dial in a ss case. As a matter of fact, just recently, someone on 1 of the gen sites had a different gold dial transplanted into his ss case. But, as always, anything is possible with vintage Rolex.

Well I shouldn't be surprised that you know of it :)

I have no doubt that rolex never made these, I really just liked the look and wanted to attempt it. I love the older gilt sport models like the explorer 1 that had gilt dials and hands.

You have the right to do this, and think what you want, you control your life, - I hope so -

If you want to put a pink dial and a nato on a 6263 -6265, wear a yellow short and a red hat, smoke marijuana, sniff cocaine, have sex with several girls, do it ! :)

life is short, lol,

Guest zeleni kukuruz

You have the right to do this, and think what you want, you control your life, - I hope so -

If you want to put a pink dial and a nato on a 6263 -6265, wear a yellow short and a red hat, smoke marijuana, sniff cocaine, have sex with several girls, do it ! :)

life is short, lol,

Hahahaha, i know for sure that you CAN handel several girls AT one time :D but i never saw you in yellow shorts and red hat!!!