When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai The Size Of Dinner Plates

Cranky

I have to say I think PAM's look bloody stupid.. IMHO they are Ugly and unless you have BIG wrists you look like you might be a little retarded and need a "special" watch to tell the time :lol:

I think they are just for the "larger" gentlemen to try and make him self look thinner, much like vertical stripes and baggy trousers.

:whistling:

Wow.... That was RUDE and I resemble that remark! I hope they start making grandfather clocks with wristbands so I can offset my heftiness....... :blink:

I have to say I think PAM's look bloody stupid.. IMHO they are Ugly and unless you have BIG wrists you look like you might be a little retarded and need a "special" watch to tell the time :lol:

I think they are just for the "larger" gentlemen to try and make him self look thinner, much like vertical stripes and baggy trousers.

:whistling:

Different strokes...I think caviar tastes like 3 day old tuna.

I'll chime in with my 4 cents that I think the original design gave little thought to aesthetic appeal and was completely functional with respect to visibility, ruggedness and water resistance as a Navy tool would be. It took celebrety interest to bring this ugly duckling into the realm of consumer desireability much like the Humvee became the Hummer with Arnold's baptisim.

I think they look like a second cousin to a 100 watt light bulb.

But, as someone scoled me here before, you buy what you like and I'll buy what I like.

I bought one on a whim because it was a cheap group buy from about a year ago. I thought at the time I should own at least one as a nod to the Panerai heritage and my own Tuscan roots.

Turns out to be a load of balls cobbled together to fool some dumb non-foreign [censored]s. I like the watch, but the hype is now putting me off, and the fact that jewellers in Scotland stock genuines and struggle to sell them prove how fickle fashion is.

I may one day buy another, but I am in no hurry to do so.

(PS. My one and only Pan is away getting relumed, and it made me realise I am not missing it in the slightest.)

A small Panerai is to miss the point. Even the gen 40mm are a joke that NO ONE buys save for a few woman. Panerai is all about being big, if you don't like that look then fine, but Panerai is not for you then.

It would be like asking for a Porsche pick up trick or something... it just doesn't work that way.

I see way more 40mm stocks in stores then you would think Either they aren't selling or they are selling and that is what the store is stocking

*straps guitar on and approaches the mic and clears throat*

"1-2-3-4..."

"Davey's on the board again........" :thumbsupsmileyanim:

JTB

Nice to be err back... I feel a little inadequate on the "new" board though with me feeble post count :Jumpy:

I don't think any of the dealers take me seriously either TTK doesnt seem to want to talk to me :(

I have to be honest with you guys though, RWG.cc feels very 'commercial'.

Turns out to be a load of balls cobbled together to fool some dumb non-foreign [censored]s. I like the watch, but the hype is now putting me off

You could be part of a very exclusive premium club! :lol:

The thickness of almost all watches over 40mm is what is most important as far as how it looks and fits on the wrist.

A nice PAM 112 @ 44mm case size, has a mid size case as far as thickness is concerned @ 12mm or so. Rides nicely even a on a sub 7'' wrist. However look at IWC GST @ approx 40mm case but with a thickness of 15-16mm. Rides way high on the wrist even for a guy with a bigger wrist. On the smaller wrist it is like wearing a small hockey puck.

Don't be afraid of case sizes up to 44mm, be more aware of thickness. 7750 Chronos cases are normally 16mm - 18mm. In the case of chronos, for the most part, all will protrude from the wrist. Some very nice 40(+)mm cases are as thin as 8mm. Try one of those.

The thickness of almost all watches over 40mm is what is most important as far as how it looks and fits on the wrist.

A nice PAM 112 @ 44mm case size, has a mid size case as far as thickness is concerned @ 12mm or so. Rides nicely even a on a sub 7'' wrist. However look at IWC GST @ approx 40mm case but with a thickness of 15-16mm. Rides way high on the wrist even for a guy with a bigger wrist. On the smaller wrist it is like wearing a small hockey puck.

Don't be afraid of case sizes up to 44mm, be more aware of thickness. 7750 Chronos cases are normally 16mm - 18mm. In the case of chronos, for the most part, all will protrude from the wrist. Some very nice 40(+)mm cases are as thin as 8mm. Try one of those.

Try a Breitling Avenger Seawolf, very understated low-profile watch. :Jumpy: