When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW 1680 converted to 5513

hrh

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Hello Rob the Noob :D

Yes its possible for the plexi and dial, hands, movement ect ext, but i think that the case is thicker on the 1680 then on the 5513. But i can be wrong, now that i think of it i can be very [censored] wrong!!!

Well, ZK , the old hand, :)

The watch is with PB right now and he was concerned about the plexis changing over or not. There is also talk about some old MBW 1680 actually being stamped 5513 between the lugs

The other problem might be the dial size: 1680 is 26,5 and 5513 is 26 mm if i read correctly. However i know by personal experience that this 1680 case does not accept a gen red MK IV dial without having to shave it.

The old MBW1680 was actually molded after a 5513. The diameter of the 5513 rehaut is slighty smaller (maybe 1mm) than a 1680 and thats why a gen 1680 dial wont fit the MBW without modification. Changing your MBW1680 to a 5513 is as simple as swapping out the dial and crystal, resulting in a "more correct" watch.

Edited by Dizzy

Dizzy is right on this and the old MBW 1680 cases are marked 5513. The MBW 1680 dial is 26.2mm and a 5513 is around 26.0mm so it will fit in the case. Just install a T-19 and you're good to go. Oh, and you'll need a better pearl in the MBW insert- those opaque white pearls are a dead give away.

Good news again , Thanks!

The watch has a gen insert ( service i would think) What pearl would you guys recommend for this? leave it alone or change it? Different insert all together ? Vintage maybe?

I ordered a 5513 and a 1665 DRSD from ingod. First thing out of the box , the lume dots on the DRSD dial fell off. So i am not to sure about Ingods quality. Any other recommendations?

?

Your saying the lume plots fell off your brand new Ingod dial?

That's not right. His dials are high quality, if you got one like that contact him and get a replacement!

i have personally observed this as well with ingod dials. i believe there is air underneath some of the paint and it simply flakes off during installation

Hi great looking watch!

In regards to the dial with the lume dots coming off....i contacted ingod and he wants a picture of the dial...i will get that for him and we will see...i will keep you guys posted.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk