When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This is what a "Modern Day" Daytona should look like IMHO.

Ronin

I am blown away by this watch. I bought it because it reminded me so much of a PN/Exotic Daytona.

Am I crazy to think that this is what a progression or "Heritage" offering from Rolex should look like?

I present the formidable Frederique Constant "Paris to Peking"

post-19479-0-58694000-1352488433_thumb.j

post-19479-0-60323900-1352488431_thumb.j

post-19479-0-40884300-1352488435_thumb.j

post-19479-0-68475800-1352488438_thumb.j

Thoughts?

Clearly the current Daytona line does not seem to have the fans of yesteryear....

With steel Daytona waiting lists still in the 2 year range, where did you get that idea?

Certainly, I prefer the 62xx series over the current range, but I think most would like to see a ceramic bezel as the next update to the Daytona. I doubt Rolex will be making any major design changes similar to your FC.

That's a beautiful piece you have R :) I Love the dial on this one!

I looked at buying this earlier in the year after trying it on at the Ad it looks MUCH more sexy in the flesh and feels 'just right' on the wrist too. The dealer here wanted lots of $$ for it so I left it at the time. Not sure about the Daytona comparison (not my cup o tea) but I agree with you a Daytona looking like this would be great!

Enjoy the piece Ronin ;)

With steel Daytona waiting lists still in the 2 year range, where did you get that idea?

Certainly, I prefer the 62xx series over the current range, but I think most would like to see a ceramic bezel as the next update to the Daytona. I doubt Rolex will be making any major design changes similar to your FC.

According to my AD, stainless Daytona's are held back purposely for preferred customers, and Patek/Breguet buyers ( Buy a $$$,$$$ Patek, get a SS Daytona FREE -- I am not joking...). I bet I could call my AD and have a SS Daytona by the end of the year.

My post was more a design query. Weather you care for the FC or not, is more about design. The reason MKII Kingston was met with fanfare, and Tudor Blackbay, etc. Even the Sinn 303 (silver) that on some levels reminds me of an Albino 6539. This was more of nudge to Rolex to offer something more along the lines of a PN/Exotic dial. More and more I am interested in design, and what works or doesn't and the inspiration behind a design and its longevity. As many here have been critical of modern Rolex designs, and their Maxi/Ceramic/Bling, I do wonder about the evolution and endurance of the designs.

If the FC had a Rolex crown on the dial, Rolex fan(atic)s would be crapping their pants -or- possibly panning it like the "Seiko'ish" Modern Explorer II.

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...