When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are we forced to buy from Angus to get Noob watches?

Rolexman

Most of you know I'm a huge fan of Andrew. I bough like a gazillion reps from him over the years and in my opinion he is the the best dealer around. In the beginning I once or twice commited adultery with PureTime I must shamingly admit, but the experience could never match the service standard Andrew (or Josh) has.

As I got banned from the Geek I only lurk there once or twice a week with a fake id. Mostly in the PureTime section. I love his updates, Noob prototype pics and sneak peeks. Now it seems that only Angus is getting watches from Noob.... He has a really good relationship with Noob so it seems whilst Andrew and Josh are namely updating H products.

What if I don't want to buy from PureTime but do want Noob watches? Any good alternatives?

Emailed Andrew last night, in usual fashion he replied in 5 minutes saying he would be listing the new IWC watches on his site soon. I think it's just the 111 that he doen't sell, he pushes his 111N from H-factory (which is a very fine watch).

I recently got a 029m noob from him too.

Edited by watchman12345

Toro.

btw J & A will get you the noob stuff, but with the usual speil about how they are pretty shoddy and qc is awful and there are better alternatives etc.

It's for this reason that the Cartel sux. On the other hand Angus contributes daily to the community and spearheads new rep supply.

[asbestos underwear on]

smiley-violent028.gif

;)

• Like 2

I agree it's not the best situation Cromag, I'm am also a little peeved though at how the whole rep game is turning into a sales pitch for a particular factory and bloody pre-orders and restricted supply that is obviously not related to raids etc. It's a shame and I don't like being forced in one way or another but it feels as if we are being pushed a certain direction lately!?

Edited by cougar1
  • Like 1

I agree it's not the best situation Cromag, I'm am also a little peeved though at how the whole rep game is turning into a sales pitch for a particular factory and bloody pre-orders and restricted supply that is obviously not related to raids etc. It's a shame and I don't like being forced in one way or another but it feels as if we are being pushed a certain direction lately!?

+1

Well put!

Really !!???

Cant say I noticed ;) ;)

Apart from the more obvious reasons some of which have been mentioned above ...There is a lot of personal relationships at play here between various dealers and various makers.... if you take Rochest for example...he cannot deal with H maker after a falling out...

Whenever I picture the makers dealing with the dealers my mind pictures a film I saw.... where a chinese lady is saying " What you want.!!! "......"and then"......"and then "....

Edited by PeteM

Maybe it goes both ways and the hype and consolidation allows for higher quality reps. Seems like we have a sort of oligopoly. This consolidation benefits the consumer in some ways, and (like the car business or the iPhone) they make a new V3 or Vx which keep the rep economy churning. Basic economic practices. Edited by Cromag

I haven't seen an AP diver V3 listed as available in ages? And if I want one I have to join the massive queue behind everybody and go exclusively to a couple of dealers who might get 10 watches at a time :)

Is there something going on with noob in terms of getting production out? It can't be all down to raids and demand? Noob seem to be turning themselves into a brand. At this rate I might get an AP diver by next summer, this exclusivity bullshite is what put me off gens :D

Toro seems to be the only dealer with as close a relationship with the noob factory as angus

No other dealer is allowed to do pre sales, take pics of proto types, etc of a noob watch

Just these 2

1 of these 2 are your best bet for a noob watch

J and A best for h factory watches I believe

Other dealers can get either factories but aren't going to get stock sooner than above

I am working for several projects with the call it whatever you want "noob or creme de la cruz de fonseca" factory and I can say I have a good relationship with them, even like this, usually the new released models prototype and first batch production love it or hate it it goes to Angus. Period.

And by the way. There no such thing as cartel. I know, I am keep repeating myself for many years :)

I am working for several projects with the call it whatever you want "noob or creme de la cruz de fonseca" factory and I can say I have a good relationship with them, even like this, usually the new released models prototype and first batch production love it or hate it it goes to Angus. Period.

And by the way. There no such thing as cartel. I know, I am keep repeating myself for many years :)

Haa! I was just kidding. I didn't realize that! He must do the most volume.