When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Prince Submariner...how much to offer

jmv831

Hi guys! I wanted to ask the experts I'm doin a research on a Tudor prince sub like the pics attached. Do you guys know the exact model and yr this came out? A friend is selling this to me and wanted to ask you guys opinion if I'm getting a good deal for it. He's asking 2100USD for it. Is that a good price or how much is a fair offer?post-48610-135373061201.jpg

avemujab.jpg

36mm is kinda small, however if I can get it for a very low price it would be a good investment. Maybe resell it make a couple hundred bux? Just wanted to see what it's worth. I've also read that they are becoming rare and collectible.

Unless you are buying this for your wife/girlfriend or son, I wouldn't spend over about 12-14 hundred for it. It's too small, they are not popular and thus not big sellers. looks like the minute hand is losing some of it's lume, which would make me a little nervous( only because I would have to have it serviced and the lume stabilized, or dial/hands relumed). This is not one that you could easily flip for a profit.

If you are looking for a Tudor for yourself, i would stick to the 40mm size models.

I wouldn't necessarily think that this model is rare or collectible.

thanks for all the suggestions guys. with your help i decided to pass on it. ill save my money for something else. does any body know if tudor came out with 3035 or 3135 movement?

As far as I know the early Tudor subs had in-house movements, other than that it's been various ETA's under the hood.

Edited by monkeypunch

In the early years, when Tudor was considered "the poor man's Rolex", they used sourced movements first the 390 and then various ETA movements. Outside of the dial and movement, everything else was Rolex. Later on, the brands began to diverge and the Tudors were pretty much all Tudor, but that wasn't until much later.

Any of the earlier sport model Tudors are considered collectible, that includes all the various sub models as well as the chronographs. Just make sure that you read the small print with the subs, as they did make several smaller size and even women's size submariners. Don't think you are getting a great deal on a sub, only to find out it's one of the mid size rather than the full size models, much like the deal here.

I'm afraid the fellow trying to sell you the mid size for 2.1k is in for a really unpleasent awakening, he is way off base on his price. Probably what has happened is he went on Ebay and looked at prices of Tudor subs, and doesn't realize that there is a pretty big gap between the full size and the mid size models. He's pricing his like it was 40mm instead of 36mm

yes pretty much he told me he was basing his pricing from ebay. but like you guys have said i told him the full size sub has more value than the smaller ones. i offered him 600 for it. looks like hes goin for it. it comes with a red vintage rolex box . i figured the box set is already worth atleast 150 bucks and i can keep and use the watch as a daily beater. 

ok guys so i bought it for 600 bucks came with a vintage red rolex box and a genuine vintage rolex gold anchor marked 300/1000. im sure this was a good buy. im giving it to wife as a christmas present.

i think is 18K plated. im watching one right now and its already up 160 bucks 9hrs to go. OBTW i sold the tudor watch here on my local Craigslist for 1500 bucks and kept the anchor. Im raising funds to get a Gen full size Tudor Sub or Rollie Sub :)