When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

new 40mm IWC Ingys

FxrAndy

Ref. IW323902: stainless-steel case, black dial, rhodium-plated hands and appliqués, stainless-steel bracelet with folding clasp

IngenieurAutomatic40x10mmcal3011040000Am
Ref. IW323904: stainless-steel case, silver-plated dial, rhodium-plated hands and appliqués, stainless-steel bracelet with folding clasp

IWC2013Ingenieursilverdialsilverhands.jp
Ref. IW323906: stainless-steel case, silver-plated dial, rose-gold-plated hands and appliqués, stainless-steel bracelet with folding clasp

IWC2013Ingenieur40mmsilverdialgoldhands.

PRESS RELEASE

The new Ingenieur Automatic is the most classic Ingenieur model in the current collection. Elegant, functional and conscious of its tradition, it consistently reflects the design elements defined by legendary watch designer Gérald Genta.

Of all the watches in the 2013 Ingenieur collection, the Ingenieur Automatic (Ref. IW323902, IW323904, IW323906) in stainless steel is the model that most visibly reflects the features typically associated with this watch family. The watch, with its three hands, has a timeless, clear-cut design. The conspicuous bores in the bezel were the brainchild of watch designer Gérald Genta. In the case of the legendary Ingenieur SL unveiled in 1976, he placed the five functional holes directly on the bezel, where they originally served to hold it firmly in position. The bores, the entire structure of the case and the logo, incorporating the stylized bolt of light- ning, soon became the hallmarks of the Ingenieur family.

PROTECTION AGAINST MAGNETIC FIELDS UP TO 40,000 AMPERES PER METRE

Because of its low case height, the Ingenieur Automatic is fitted with the slim, automatic 30110-calibre movement. Water-resistant to 12 bar, the case also accommodates a soft-iron inner case for protection against magnetic fields. This technical feature was responsible for the watch family’s name, because in the 1950s engineers, who were often exposed to magnetic fields in the course of their work, were among the potential buyers of the original Ingenieur from IWC Schaffhausen. In order to guarantee protection against magnetic fields, the inner back plate, casing ring and dial are made of soft iron, which conducts magnetic flux lines around the movement. The protection provided – up to 40,000 amperes per metre – is more than eight times the minimum required by the Swiss standard for antimagnetic watches. Despite its elegant appearance, the Ingenieur Automatic is robust and ideally equipped for everyday use.

CLEAR-CUT FUNCTIONALITY DOWN TO THE LAST DETAIL

With a case measuring just 10 millimetres in height and 40 millimetres in diameter, the Ingenieur Automatic is equally well suited to a slimmer wrist. The slightly chamfered bezel features an integrated step, the overall effect being to make the watch look slimmer. All the surfaces of the case feature a matte finish. The various edges, most of which are pol- ished, underscore the watch’s simple elegance. The chunky, screw-in crown is generously sized and shielded by solid protective shoulders. The raised inner circle on the dial has exactly the same radius as the hour hand, while the minute hand circumscribes the middle section with its purist hour markers. The central seconds hand extends as far as the outer chapter ring. Here, too, we find clarity and function- ality down to the last detail, qualities underscored by the date window at “3 o’clock”. The Ingenieur Automatic is available with a silver-plated or black dial. The silver-plated version comes with rhodium-plated or rose-gold-plated hands and appliqués, while the rhodium-plated hands and appliqués form an attractive contrast to the black dial. The watch is fitted with a solid stainless-steel bracelet. A black rubber strap with a pin buckle is also available on request.

Mechanical movement – Date display with crown-activated rapid advance – Central hacking seconds – Soft-iron inner case for protection against magnetic fields up to 40,000 A/m – Screw-in crown
Calibre Frequency Jewels
Power reserve Winding
Materials
Glass Water-resistant Diameter
Case height
28,800 A/h / 4 Hz 21
42 h
automatic
MOVEMENT
WATCH
Ref. IW323902: stainless-steel case, black dial, rhodium-plated hands and appliqués, stainless-steel bracelet with folding clasp
Ref. IW323904: stainless-steel case, silver-plated dial, rhodium-plated hands and appliqués, stainless-steel bracelet with folding clasp
Ref. IW323906: stainless-steel case, silver-plated dial, rose-gold-plated hands and appliqués, stainless-steel bracelet with folding clasp sapphire, flat, antireflective coating on both sides
12 bar
40 mm 10 mm

Now there is no reason why this cant be made well the movement is the 2892 and the asians have that, the old ingy sold out so you know that this will sell, you have the DW in the V2 MK XVI,  the dial is not complicated it is an ETA DW position, so get on it!!!!!!!!!

Hell it is even a sensible size

If a maker wants me to review the first then let me know! ;)

Yes saw them the other day on a report, was instantly in love, they are beauties Andy, and a great size also....coming back down to normal sized watches :)

I know Angus was having a look at them closely so these could be promising in rep format.

Also the ceramic versions are cool.

A few more pics!

IWC2013Ingenieurblackceramic.jpg

IWC2013Ingenieurceramic.jpg

IWC2013Ingenieurchrono.jpg

IWC2013Ingenieurss.jpg

Just the 'vanilla' black and white dials would be perfect reps!

Edited by cougar1

The DW difference is because this is powered by a 2892 like the MK XVI rather than the in house in the other ingys so as the MK XVI V2 has a good DW then they are a good way there before they start. To make this even better fit a Swiss 2892 with the rep DW and rep rotor and if they can get the rest right like in the first ingy then you will have a 5k watch for 500!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

40mm looks like a winner to me. I got the original 42mm Ingy back in 2007, Swiss 2836 that has been serviced as well. it runs as well as Gen would, which is amazing.

It is still is one of the best reps ever made. Its quality holds up to todays "super-reps" Panerai's from Noob, I would dare to say it's even better then those as far as the quality.

It's a quite heavy watch and not best for small wrist like 6" - 6 and 3/4 which is why during this time I wear it very rarely, so it's sitting in a box in a super almost like new condition. So 40mm thinner model looks appealing to me, I have been wearing my Patek Nautilus a lot lately and the 40mm that's thin works really well for me personally although its quality is no match for the Ingy rep. I may just endup selling the 42mm since I don't wear it anymore ;)