When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Australians Have A Warning For Americans

maxman

I hear bandoleeros are coming back in style.  We can come up with scenarios all day long with body armor, force fields or humans who can take multiple head shots and go have a burger and coke. I'd accept that anything can happen. But the likelihood of anyone needing more than 10 rounds defending themselves in a home invasion or street shootout is remote. I think the home defender would be dead in 6 rounds. 

In the U.S., in most states I know of, we are allowed to have 3 rounds in a firearm when hunting. Bear, boar, or my favorite - two legged deer - 3 rounds are deemed enough. Now, they don't shoot back but that still leaves  7 rounds. 

Trying to use the President's SS Agents, or his daughter's body guards as some sort of measure for civilians is absurd. They are being protected from foreign nationals, enemies of state and both foreign and domestic terrorists who are not interested in their wallet, TV or silverware. 

This is so pathetic that it's funny. And on "Gun Appreciation Day" no less:

Gun Show Shootings: At Least 5 Hurt In Accidental Incidents In Ohio, Indiana, North Carolina

MEDINA, Ohio — Accidental shootings at gun shows in North Carolina, Indiana and Ohio left five people injured Saturday, the same day that thousands of gun advocates gathered peacefully at state capitals around the U.S. to rally against stricter firearm limits.

At the Dixie Gun and Knife Show in Raleigh, a 12-gauge shotgun discharged as its owner unzipped its case for a law enforcement officer to check at a security entrance, injuring three people, state Agriculture Department spokesman Brian Long said.

Two bystanders were hit by shotgun pellets and taken to a hospital. A retired deputy sheriff suffered a slight hand injury.

The shotgun's owner, 36-year-old Gary Lynn Wilson, brought the weapon to the show to find a private buyer, Long said. Sheriff Donnie Harrison said that it was too early to know whether Wilson might be charged but that it appeared to be an accident.

The North Carolina show, which is held at the state fairgrounds, is a quarterly event that usually draws thousands of people. The two-day show shut down early Saturday but will reopen Sunday.

In Indianapolis, police said a 54-year-old man was injured when he inadvertently shot himself while leaving a gun show.

Emory L. Cozee was loading his .45-caliber semi-automatic when he shot himself in the hand as he was leaving the Indy 1500 Gun and Knife show at the state fairgrounds, state police said. Loaded personal weapons aren't allowed inside the show.

Cozee, of Indianapolis, was hospitalized for treatment. Police say the shooting was accidental and no charges will be filed.

And in Ohio, a gun dealer in Medina was checking out a semi-automatic handgun he had bought Saturday when he accidentally pulled the trigger, injuring his friend, police said. The gun's magazine had been removed from the firearm, but one round remained in the chamber, police said.

Police Chief Pat Berarducci said it appears the bullet ricocheted off the floor and struck the friend in the arm and leg. The man was taken by helicopter to a hospital 30 miles north in Cleveland, Berarducci said. His condition wasn't immediately known.

The gun rallies held Saturday coincide with President Barack Obama's unveiling of a sweeping package of federal gun-control proposals in the wake of a Connecticut elementary school shooting that killed 20 first-graders and six educators last month.

Trying to use the President's SS Agents, or his daughter's body guards as some sort of measure for civilians is absurd. They are being protected from foreign nationals, enemies of state and both foreign and domestic terrorists who are not interested in their wallet, TV or silverware. 

But the 14th amendment says we all are entitled to equal protection under the law.

Lloyd a real model citizen "If he survives his injuries, it’s not yet known what charges Slater could face. In late August, he was released from jail after serving six months for simple battery and three counts of probation violation."

Hmm used a crow bar to force door hubby at work wife home with kids and got a load of lead, GOOD. Anyone think that is bad, come on think of the children. You see it works both ways.

But the 14th amendment says we all are entitled to equal protection under the law.

No, it does not. 

"nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

That's quite different. 

If it had said instead "equal", you still wouldn't qualify because no foreign nationals, enemies of state or both foreign and domestic terrorists  of the U.S.  give a rat's toukas about you. 

at least they have to stop firing to reload. It gives a tactical advantage to take the shooter down.

Not necessarily.  That's a very situational statement.  And I think you're making gross generalities just like the liberal media is doing.  We have approx ~9000 firearm deaths per year on average, the majority of which are perpetrated by Obama voters.  Yet the media (and many other folks in internet threads) likes to focus on the 2% who were killed in rare, unpredictable spree shootings, errr.. mass murders.

She nailed him 5 times with a .38 and he still was not out.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/dramatic-911-call-released-in-intruder-shooting/nTrLK/

She probably wasn't a good shot.  One properly placed .22 shot could have taken him out.  I'd much rather see people choose a handgun that they can operate proficiently than just blindly going for the bigger calibers...  Most cops around here carry 9mm Glocks, or the occasional Beretta.  These are very controllable and reliable sidearms.

The majority of gun murders occur in the inner city.  (I wasn't including suicides in the claim).  And contrary to media hysteria, the middle class neighborhoods are MUCH safer by comparison.

That's nice, but it's not what you said.

You said:

"We have approx ~9000 firearm deaths per year on average, the majority of which are perpetrated by Obama voters."

Then I said:

That doesn't sound right at all. Do you have anything to validate that claim?

So, do you have anything to validate the claim you made? 

I'm out of this gun debate, it's just all too sad, but Chief saying Obama voters cause the majority of gun deaths is so wrong it is not worth mentioning.

He did win by a healthy majority so very many middle class people actually voted for him.

Ken

That's nice, but it's not what you said.

You said:

"We have approx ~9000 firearm deaths per year on average, the majority of which are perpetrated by Obama voters."

Then I said:

That doesn't sound right at all. Do you have anything to validate that claim?

So, do you have anything to validate the claim you made? 

Here are the FBI statistics. Hispanics are counted as white in them.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-43

I'm out of this gun debate, it's just all too sad, but Chief saying Obama voters cause the majority of gun deaths is so wrong it is not worth mentioning.

He did win by a healthy majority so very many middle class people actually voted for him.

Ken

It is so wrong that it is not only worth mentioning, it is worth fighting. Racism violates every principle, ideal and value we in this Nation so love to brag about. Racism is quite simply ignorance, and has no place in my country, and certainly no place in the firearm debate. 

actually I didn't see it as racist, sure a lot of minorities voted for Obama but a lot of white middle class voted for him too.

Ken

It is racist. When the census says 78% of Americans are white, I'd say more than just "a lot of white" people voted for President Obama. All classes. 

Guys leaving race out of this totally lets look at numbers most killing occur in cities and urban areas Obama carried the cites and urban area by an impressive margin. Why would it be wrong then to say that people in the areas that supported him by an overwhelming margin committed the most killing. By virtue of the amount of killings based on votes for him in the subject area it is true and as there are more people there than in fly over country again true overall.

Guys leaving race out of this totally lets look at numbers most killing occur in cities and urban areas Obama carried the cites and urban area by an impressive margin. Why would it be wrong then to say that people in the areas that supported him by an overwhelming margin committed the most killing. By virtue of the amount of killings based on votes for him in the subject area it is true and as there are more people there than in fly over country again true overall.

Why would it be wrong? Because it isn't necessary to the argument at hand. 

When a statement like this is made:

There can be only one reason  for it. 

But if we look at the facts, the multiple murders such as at Sandy Hook, Gabby Gifford in Arizona and a few more since then, the Batman movie theater, Columbine, and on and on were all perpetuated by conservative  white males.

I'd bet there's only one reason for that as well.  

If I were taking the other side I would certainly argue that the density of population would raise the numbers along with higher crime rate in urban settings. The fact that Obama came away with a much greater portion of votes does not necessarily denote a greater number of murders among his supporters.

That being said it depends on your views which you think is true.