When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to steal a watch !

PeteM

I was watching this short video about stealing watches...although I am really impressed by the guys skills and deft movements..I am not so sure I would ever allow or have ever experienced anyone shaking my hand in such a manner nor have I experienced someone whom I dont know or even someone that I do know  get so touchy with me...without me either stepping back or telling them to stop..indeed if anyone did that to me I would become immeadiately suspicious regardless of seeing this video....

Maybe its a Bristish cultural thing and maybe in other countries such actions by strangers are more acceptable..I am not sure... ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UyVFG1CCDco

Edited by PeteM

Only thing is guys that I think it was shown in a way that we could all see. 

In real life your wallet or cell phone would be gone in an instant, a watch maybe only a little longer.

Ken

Totally agree mate ..... but if you listen to the guy although the visual aspect is more obvious for explanation his comments still say he relies on that sort of touchy feely approach..or as he says trust and misdirection...

In respect of phones and wallets... those I am sure could be taken from the most aware of people...

But I would think guys like this are few and far between in the skills....

Most picks are good but rely on teams to carry out the misdirection etc.... these are what you hear of most in the crowds and tubes etc...

And any of the guys at this level arent going to be wasting those skills in town high streets etc.... they will be in monaco hotel lobbies etc !! ;)

I did read somewhere that the likelihood of having your watch picked off your wrist is less likely than you losing it yourself !! So its a minimal risk.... however getting forced to remove it..ie Mugged etc is much higher location depending ;)

Great vid :inverted:  If he was getting that close Pete I'd expect breakfast at least mate  :partytime:  

Your right though I'd doubt you would meet many picks that good in the street, more likely they would just pull a knife on you instead, not a great experience either way! 

Totally agree mate ..... but if you listen to the guy although the visual aspect is more obvious for explanation his comments still say he relies on that sort of touchy feely approach..or as he says trust and misdirection...

But this guy is a performance artist that does pickpocketing. Like a magician but his tricks are pickpocket tricks. It's a show

If he wasn't putting on a show I'm sure he'd use different techniques.

But this guy is a performance artist that does pickpocketing. Like a magician but his tricks are pickpocket tricks. It's a show

If he wasn't putting on a show I'm sure he'd use different techniques.

Other way round mate...he is a convicted pickpocket... he came to public knowledge getting caught pickpocketing Jimmy Carters body guards...

He now does lectures around the world as a security expert...and consultant :)

As I said its not the tricks of the trade in the video that is revealing ...but listen to the principles of the picking... thats what I am mainly commenting about mate :)

But this guy is a performance artist that does pickpocketing.

Other way round mate...he is a convicted pickpocket... he came to public knowledge getting caught pickpocketing Jimmy Carters body guards...

Right. And now he's a performance artist that does pickpocketing. I didn't say or imply that he wasn't a criminal before.

The guy on the left, a Pickpocket who snatches the watch of a gynocologist who in turn watches sna##hes. :Jumpy:

• Like 1

Bush got his watch stolen like that a few years back during a 'meet and greet' :lol:  I read an article (ish) the other week which said that if you're mugged for your wallet (or whatever) don't hand it to them, toss it onto the floor away from you, and then use that distraction to run in the opposite direction... 

The other alternatives are to:

:weight_lift2:  :showoff:   :weight_lift2:  so you can  :boxing: and the mugger goes  :stretcher:

Or

:gun:   so the mugger also goes  :stretcher:

:yeah:

• 4 weeks later...

That pickpocket is very professional. When relating with another, by and large, eye contact is the norm. This guy apears honest at face value.

Thanks Pete.